Pelini's behavior

This entire asinine discussion would be hilarious if it didn't seem like so many people were taking it so seriously.

Let's get one thing straight. These media people LOVE the fact that Bo is crass, hotheaded, and yes, 'boorish'. They may tell you as they take their silk gloves off over a freshly poured cup of tea that they're being mistreated ("Oh, I dare say, what is the world coming to? Quite a row he had with those zebra's, eh? And now I have to suffer!")

bullsh#t.

In the same moment that Barf sits at his computer scribbling embarrassed nothings about Bo's demeanor, his quivering jowls are dripping beneath a jagged-tooth grin. This is great press. Free column. It'll sell like hotcakes. Bo's a wildman. He's unstable. Somebody get the number for a good anger management therapist.

Now let's move on to this 'face of the organization' argument. Two years ago I couldn't click a link without hearing some reporter whine about Callahan's undiminished press conference smile that beamed win, loss, or blowout. Too much coachspeak, they said. He's a professional question dodger. Frankly I'm more comfortable with a man who cusses in his answers. Why? Because a cussing man never lies. Honestly, you people who are bouncing foot to foot in nervous anticipation over how Bo makes you look, what would you prefer? You ask a bulldog competitor how he feels after his offense took a sh#t all over memorial stadium at the exact moment that Nebraska seemed to be leaping forward as a program?

This whole conversation is a complete waste of time. You don't want to get one word answers and snippy replies? How about letting the head man sleep it off and talk to him on Sunday. Whatever the answer is, I as a fan and a paper reader could give two sh#ts and a bag of white rice what the media people feel about their access. The only thing I trust less than a politician is a journalist.

I will admit before I begin I was never sold on Pelini. That be said I feel he is doing a better job than I expected.

However a lot of people asked for three traits and raved that he possesses the second with flying colors. People said was a Nebraska guy, he was fiery, and could mold a defense. Well his “fiery” behavior is a example of what every said they like about him.

For people that keep saying he should know how to talk to media. He never had to answer criticisms as a Defensive Coordinator because the head coach makes the decisions and his defenses were pretty good. Yeah you might hear from a little from the different coordinators, but for the most part the head coach is supposed to take the fall because he has the final say so.

Gill wouldn't be yelling at refs like this and would be more cordial to the media.

Ya and I'm sure that Gill would have a top 10 defense and a winning season last year too?

IF WE WERE UNDEFEATED THIS YEAR NOBODY WOULD BE COMPLAINING ABOUT BO'S TEMPER.......if you disagree with this than you're lying to yourself.

This entire asinine discussion would be hilarious if it didn't seem like so many people were taking it so seriously.

Let's get one thing straight. These media people LOVE the fact that Bo is crass, hotheaded, and yes, 'boorish'. They may tell you as they take their silk gloves off over a freshly poured cup of tea that they're being mistreated ("Oh, I dare say, what is the world coming to? Quite a row he had with those zebra's, eh? And now I have to suffer!")

bullsh#t.

In the same moment that Barf sits at his computer scribbling embarrassed nothings about Bo's demeanor, his quivering jowls are dripping beneath a jagged-tooth grin. This is great press. Free column. It'll sell like hotcakes. Bo's a wildman. He's unstable. Somebody get the number for a good anger management therapist.

Now let's move on to this 'face of the organization' argument. Two years ago I couldn't click a link without hearing some reporter whine about Callahan's undiminished press conference smile that beamed win, loss, or blowout. Too much coachspeak, they said. He's a professional question dodger. Frankly I'm more comfortable with a man who cusses in his answers. Why? Because a cussing man never lies. Honestly, you people who are bouncing foot to foot in nervous anticipation over how Bo makes you look, what would you prefer? You ask a bulldog competitor how he feels after his offense took a sh#t all over memorial stadium at the exact moment that Nebraska seemed to be leaping forward as a program?

This whole conversation is a complete waste of time. You don't want to get one word answers and snippy replies? How about letting the head man sleep it off and talk to him on Sunday. Whatever the answer is, I as a fan and a paper reader could give two sh#ts and a bag of white rice what the media people feel about their access. The only thing I trust less than a politician is a journalist.

LMAO. You nailed it. :thumbs

Bo has a Woody Hayes streak in him.

folks will adjust like they did around woody.

and woody did alright!

:box

I hope he doesn't have Woody Hayes in him. Instead of punching a player he will probably jack a ref.

:rollin

woody didn't do that (publicly) until he was old and more than a little off center.

Bo still has more control than that. But as an old timer, I recognize some Hayes in there. :box

Not that it really has anything to do with Bo, but Woody had a long history of violent and near violent outbreaks well before the Clemson game.

The refs can nail him every game and I predict they will!

The media does not really have to take his press conference rudeness. And, it is not smart to get rude with people who buy ink by the carload.

At some point coaches use it against Nebraska when they sit down with the recuits parents!

And please if he starts losing Lincoln is not the place you want to live!

Bo has a ton of good will stored up here. Does he realize the well can run dry?

Once the blue hairs and the huge donors and the sponsors get tired of his act his days will be numbered.

Sadly it does not have to be that way. But just ask Coaches Solich and Callahan how that works.

So you have Lee B in OWH and Sipple in LJS. TO has Bo's back for now. So it is not a problem, yet.

But it is going to get very interesting in the next 90 days!

Todays quote exact quote link

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/1...d4496960987.txt

“I don’t get influenced by what the fans or the media or anybody else does. When they want to come in here and watch the film and they earn the title and earn the respect of being a head coach, they can start making the decisions. Until then, the buck stops here.”

Football is a man's game. Get the little boys who continue to ask stupid questions each and every week out of the locker room. Don't give me the crap they are doing their jobs. When you ask questions like "Coach what happened out there? Pelini's response was, "we didn't execute in any phase of the game. We had guys in position to make plays and they didn't make them and it's our responsibilty to fix that. "Yeah but coach what happened out there"? Some dufus asked the same question after the VA Tech game. So these journalists went to college and can only come up with "what happened? What a waste of an education they got.

Now to on the field activities. Anyone watch Bob Stoops? People think he's a pretty good coach. He spends the entire game chasing the officials working to get calls. He was on the middle of the field a few times Saturday. Anyone who doesn't think the zebras didn't deserve some butt-chewing didn't watch the game.

And I can't let this go. People think of Tom Osborne as he was when he got older. Tom had an inner fire to win and succeed and he was far from meek and borish on the sideline. Tom's face would get as red as his hair in the old days when refs blew a call on the sideline. Lyell Bremser said that many times. The only difference now is the camera's cuts to NU's sideline after every play while back then, none of the games were on TV.

Football is a man's game. Get the little boys who continue to ask stupid questions each and every week out of the locker room. Don't give me the crap they are doing their jobs. When you ask questions like "Coach what happened out there? Pelini's response was, "we didn't execute in any phase of the game. We had guys in position to make plays and they didn't make them and it's our responsibilty to fix that. "Yeah but coach what happened out there"? Some dufus asked the same question after the VA Tech game. So these journalists went to college and can only come up with "what happened? What a waste of an education they got.

Now to on the field activities. Anyone watch Bob Stoops? People think he's a pretty good coach. He spends the entire game chasing the officials working to get calls. He was on the middle of the field a few times Saturday. Anyone who doesn't think the zebras didn't deserve some butt-chewing didn't watch the game.

And I can't let this go. People think of Tom Osborne as he was when he got older. Tom had an inner fire to win and succeed and he was far from meek and borish on the sideline. Tom's face would get as red as his hair in the old days when refs blew a call on the sideline. Lyell Bremser said that many times. The only difference now is the camera's cuts to NU's sideline after every play while back then, none of the games were on TV.

Those are all good points and true. But, this goes deeper.

The quip to the media "you watched the game" is growing old

And if he spends 10 minutes chewing the ear of a ref while the clock is running he can not coach while he is doing this! And we are losing....

But, people please do not boo our coaches or our players!

What TO sees and worries him is when the fans start leaving the stadium. If you need to express your frustatration just leave when the place gets empty before the 4th qtr TO and others do notice big time.

:madash Jesus People! :facepalm:

We have dropped to a new low as fans if we are asking Bo to be more like Tom. I would like to know how many people on here actually beleived that we should be playing for a National Championship this year.

It's your 2nd year Bo!!!!!!!! What the hell is the problem??????? We should fire him now!!!! Barney Cotton for HC!!!!!!!! :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

I don't have a problem with Pelini, I absolutely do not want him fired, but I feel he needs to replace most of the offensive staff at the end of the year if things don't pick up. Barney Cotton should be the first 1 to go

Edited by AngryHusker88