Saturday We Will Break the Record for LOUDEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL STADIUM EVER

Sat in section 106 last week...now I officially know what it is like to sit with the gray hairs...it sucks. They never moved...sat on their asses the whole game, didn't make a peep. Just sat there...waiting to die.

I will never sit with the gray hairs again...great seats, because yeah, they can afford them, but they were absolutely no motivation what so ever for anyone on the field. And they really give these people tickets?

Too bad there isn't a way to take their tickets, and sell them to someone that actually can show some enthusiasm because a) they ARE still alive, B) they get to watch one of the greatest programs in college football, c)did I mention - the ARE still alive? Barely?? These are the people that should just stay in the parking lot with their oxygen tanks and listen to the game on tv or radio...I know that high altitude must of made them a little woozy...and I am surprised that they even made it up there that high...

Lord, shoot me now, the world is not fair, people that have money should not get season tickets if they really can't get off their ass and make some noise - other than the passing of gas before they die.

Hope you never grow old and have to use oxygen or hearing aids, etc. Those people have every right to be there too! My Mom is 78 and we still go to the games! I didn't know there was an age limit on being a Husker fan! I'm 53.....how many more years will I be allowed to go to a game?? Just my opinion...........

Sat in section 106 last week...now I officially know what it is like to sit with the gray hairs...it sucks. They never moved...sat on their asses the whole game, didn't make a peep. Just sat there...waiting to die.

I will never sit with the gray hairs again...great seats, because yeah, they can afford them, but they were absolutely no motivation what so ever for anyone on the field. And they really give these people tickets?

Too bad there isn't a way to take their tickets, and sell them to someone that actually can show some enthusiasm because a) they ARE still alive, B) they get to watch one of the greatest programs in college football, c)did I mention - the ARE still alive? Barely?? These are the people that should just stay in the parking lot with their oxygen tanks and listen to the game on tv or radio...I know that high altitude must of made them a little woozy...and I am surprised that they even made it up there that high...

Lord, shoot me now, the world is not fair, people that have money should not get season tickets if they really can't get off their ass and make some noise - other than the passing of gas before they die.

Hope you never grow old and have to use oxygen or hearing aids, etc. Those people have every right to be there too! My Mom is 78 and we still go to the games! I didn't know there was an age limit on being a Husker fan! I'm 53.....how many more years will I be allowed to go to a game?? Just my opinion...........

No age limit as long as you stand up and do your part. And if the words "Sit Down" come out of your mouth you are no longer aloud within 200 yards of the stadium. :dunno

No age limit as long as you stand up and do your part. And if the words "Sit Down" come out of your mouth you are no longer aloud within 200 yards of the stadium. :dunno

if you went to a game with a broken leg unable to stand up all the time, you'd probably also yell at people to sit down. Some older folks just ain't as mobile anymore, they still have the right to go to the games. Maybe some more respect in both directions would help to get along better :wasted

were over the age of 35.

So is 35 old now? If so I officially have 57 days left until I’m considered old. :bang

I feel bad that people don’t think the older generation shouldn’t be able to attend football games anymore because they may not won’t to stand up and scream the whole time or may not be able to. If we are trying to put stipulations by age maybe we can have breath tests at every gate so any one that is legally drunk or under age and drunk can’t go to the games either, because most of the foolish people I’ve dealt with inside Memorial Stadium were acting stupid because of alcohol. Wait drunk people will probably be loud though so they get a pass. :wasted

FYI: I’m pretty sure a lot of those “blue hairs” are the ones that travel the country to go to games and make up a good portion of the sea of red that takes over opposing teams stadiums. I wonder how that would work out for us if they stopped traveling to games as well.

As far as the OP, do BOOs figure into the loudness? I have a feeling that if the offense sputters the loud fans will be raining down BOOs on the Huskers (even though the ones on Saturday were aimed at the officials :madash )

Guys, Memorial Stadium already has this record.

Clemson University holds the loudest noise record breaking the newly set record at Oregon. Clemson's Death Valley made an extrordinary 132.8 db's during the 2007 Boston College game. This surpassed LSU's earthquake set years prior.

The earthquake game - seismic activity has nothing to do with sound waves.

Clemson Memorial Stadium...

But, best of luck topping that!!! If there were to be anybody who did, I'd hope it'd be you guys. But we'd be coming for it again!

they need to start putting people in sections by age, put all those old people who want to sit the whole game in the north endzone opposite the students section.

and for you older folks who want to be part of the cheering you can request a pass to come sit with the "loud Husker Nation"

Or the could just expand the student section

USED to be one of the greatest programs in college football.

Not so much lately.