ESPN's Mid-season outlook on the Huskers

Fuzzy

Comment on Tim Griffin's article:

#

randywags25

randywags25 (10/22/2009 at 4:39 AM)

Report Violation

I have something interesting to share. So I have been watching old Husker games with my brother starting this year. We decided to start with the 1992 Season since we noticed that the games are on the same schedule as far as the dates go as this year. So before the actual college football games start, we watch the old one 17 years ago to the day each Saturday. And on October 24, 1992, a true Freshman Husker quarterback took over the starting job for a struggling quarterback. His name was Tommie Frazier. Sounds familiar to this year, eh?

I'll be alright if this team starts to pan out as it did in the 90's.

Go Big Red!!

Didn't check if this is actually true but I like it

if tim griffin is the person who you look to for hope, it's time to re-evaluate your world view.

:yeah Amen to that!!

+1

I had to laugh. I already think this guy is a tool who pays no attention, But these mid season deals have really topped it off. On the Mu one he has Mu beating KU. on the KU one he has KU beating MU. Then says Mu has a very managible 4 games in their back schedule but has them losing two games to either Baylor, KSU, ISU or CU. He talks out his mouth and butt at the same time

yeah I mentioned that in another thread. This was frazier's first loss and it could very well be cody green's. All it takes is a poor gameplan ala billy's to have Joe Dailey chuck it all over the field instead of protecting our lead against southern miss.

true, but it is nice coincidence, if CG is going to start. And if coincidentally he is going to lose as less games as Tommie Frazier did after that, I could very well live with it

yeah I mentioned that in another thread. This was frazier's first loss and it could very well be cody green's. All it takes is a poor gameplan ala billy's to have Joe Dailey chuck it all over the field instead of protecting our lead against southern miss.

true, but it is nice coincidence, if CG is going to start. And if coincidentally he is going to lose as less games as Tommie Frazier did after that, I could very well live with it

Technically, Tommie won his first three starts. 1. against Mizzu, 2. against Colorado, 3. against Kansas. All of these games weren't even close and both Colorado (tied with us for 8th in the polls) and Kansas (ranked in the mid to high teens) were ranked. It was his 4th start against Iowa St. were he had his first loss. It definitely seemed as if they didn't take Iowa St. seriously, especially since they just clobbered three very decent teems. Then they beat Oklahoma went to the Orange Bowl and lost to Florida State.

Right I was only saying the similarity to green losing his first game as a starter would come to the same team that gave the last starting true freshman here his first loss. Did that make sense

I just thought it was interesting. Don't think we'll lose but they were talking about the last time a true freshman played here...