the best thing Bo could do for this team

I'm thinking there have been a few discussions with TO from Bo and Watson. Some probably didn't go all that well, some went good. Bo seems like the type of guy who will ask for help and opinions from people he respects. I think the convo between Bo and Watson was probably the most heated, you could see it in his eyes after the game that there would be some a## chewed. I'm sure Cotton got even more after the game.

I find it ironic that we have TO who may be the greatest offensive mind around and a strong supporter of retaing Watson but have the worst offense I have seen at Nebraska.

What exactly is TO doing he must be up in his office WATCHING VOLLEYBALL TAPES AND SLEEPING!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;););););):wasted:wasted:wasted

What good is an offense that is so difficult to learn but so easy for opposing DC's to predict?

No wonder why Lee is checking out of so many called plays. The opposing DC already knows what NU is going to call and has his D all set to go.

No kidding. The one time we go under center in a singleback formation...we hand it off to Helu. Every defense has keyed in on it and you can see it. The zone read can be effective, but not 20 times out of 23 run plays called and certainly not when they don't respect our QB, because they know he won't get far with it. Plus we can't run the ball, because the defense has 8 guys in the box and we try to run it with 3 WR's on the field. But why not stack the box when our passes are little short passes and nothing is run downfield?

The best thing Bo could do is try to establish a power run game. In that I mean more power sets with 2 TE's and a FB lead blocking. We need to let our running backs get into a rhythm. Adrian Peterson usually has like 80 yards until he busts a few big ones after they have worn down the defense...and they try to establish the run. Watson does not establish the run in the least. We might get 30 rushes in a game, but it is so randomly called it's retarded. Granted AP is a freak and exception, but it's the concept Bo needs to start establishing. Bo just needs to put his foot down and not cradle Watson...it is his team and he needs do what is best for Nebraska. I know Watson is probably a friend and he shouldn't throw him under the bus in the media or in public. But he has to set him straight in private. Bo needs to tell him what he expects and what he wants to establish for his offense.

Oh brother. Where are the quotes from Osborne saying watson is his favorite OC? I remember him suggesting to the FIRST TIME head coach that he retain some of the offensive staff so he could focus on the defense and at that time the offense had just reeled off 70 and 50 points in the last two games. For all of those that constantly go after Tom's loyalty....that's what kept nebraska winning for so many years. The chemistry of the staff. This staff has been together two years. Osborne fired people and replaced people in his day. Not a lot but did.

Bo might have to make some changes and I can't imagine osborne getting in the way. If he really was that involved with solich's decisions, I would hope he learned his lesson. I think he had a say in solich's retaining everyone but when changes were made I doubt he tried to twist his arm. Again Solich was a first time coach. Advice from a proven winner is not a bad thing.