the best thing Bo could do for this team

What good is an offense that is so difficult to learn but so easy for opposing DC's to predict?

No wonder why Lee is checking out of so many called plays. The opposing DC already knows what NU is going to call and has his D all set to go.

Well when you run the shotgun formation with Helu to Lee's left about 85% (I'm exaggerating the percentage to make a point) of the time its not hard to figure out what we'll be running every down. BTW I hate the shotgun formation that we run.

I'm thinking there have been a few discussions with TO from Bo and Watson. Some probably didn't go all that well, some went good. Bo seems like the type of guy who will ask for help and opinions from people he respects. I think the convo between Bo and Watson was probably the most heated, you could see it in his eyes after the game that there would be some a## chewed. I'm sure Cotton got even more after the game.

Bo was yelling at Cotton on the side line during the game. Until the OL starts pushing people around and eliminates the penalties, this Offense will have problems. Fix the OL and the other problems won't be as bad.

Yes but the o line may be false starting due to the constant audibles that lee makes. That and the complexity of the offense.

Audibles or not, those boy are flat out being dominated at the line of scrimmage.

It is possible. However, I think that it is still a lack of discipline/bonehead mistake. I would doubt, and I could be wrong, but I doubt that an audible changes the snap count. I'm not on the field with these gentlemen and I don't know the extent of the complexity of the offense. But this is just my opinion.

will watson be here next yr or is his callahan taint too strong? his playcalling isn't good, not for an inexperienced oc and the fans are not down with his offense anyway. what do you guys think? He sure isn't Bo's guy. after two yrs and it's not like he has attracted a bunch of studs on o or anything.

Shawn Watson is a good offensive coordinator. Fire him from Nebraska and you will soon be losing to a Shawn Watson coached team.

He has called some great games the last few years under miserable conditions with spare parts thrown into a new offense. Last week was not his best. But Lee was overly cautious, recievers dropped balls (and kicked fumbles), the O-line showed once again it is not among NUs best and we're still missing the two best running backs to spell Helu, who still had 18 carries for 68 yards in yet another game where miscues forced the offense to dig out of a deep hole.

The bigger problem is that top to bottom, offense and defense and for all four quarters, the Nebraska team looked rattled, mistake prone and unable to dig deep and fight for itself. At home.

And that one you hang on Bo Pelini. Who shouldn't be fired anymore than Shawn Watson.

And if you get outraged about offensive predictibility, you really shouldn't worship at the alter of Tom Osborne, whose play calling was among the most predictible in college football but happened to be backed by superior strength and execution. (Except for those wild trick plays of his, which often popped up during losing efforts in big games when the bread and butter plays weren't working.)

Shawn Watson is a good offensive coordinator. Fire him from Nebraska and you will soon be losing to a Shawn Watson coached team.

He has called some great games the last few years under miserable conditions with spare parts thrown into a new offense. Last week was not his best. But Lee was overly cautious, recievers dropped balls (and kicked fumbles), the O-line showed once again it is not among NUs best and we're still missing the two best running backs to spell Helu, who still had 18 carries for 68 yards in yet another game where miscues forced the offense to dig out of a deep hole.

The bigger problem is that top to bottom, offense and defense and for all four quarters, the Nebraska team looked rattled, mistake prone and unable to dig deep and fight for itself. At home.

And that one you hang on Bo Pelini. Who shouldn't be fired anymore than Shawn Watson.

And if you get outraged about offensive predictibility, you really shouldn't worship at the alter of Tom Osborne, whose play calling was among the most predictible in college football but happened to be backed by superior strength and execution. (Except for those wild trick plays of his, which often popped up during losing efforts in big games when the bread and butter plays weren't working.)

Without a doubt or opnion, the comment in bold just might the funniest comment in the history of the Internet. I know it's the most wrong comment in the history of the Internet.

If you can be successful with it, it doesn't matter if you're predictable or not. The difference is: Osborne was successful and Watson is spotty at best. Until we see that kind of success from Watson, he can't afford to be predictable with the offense.

I would be absolutely delighted to take my chances with another OC, and I'll bet you that unless this team makes a sudden turnaround, we will be seeing a new OC next season. He doesn't fit with Bo Pelini's football philosophy. By all means, let Shawn Watson's wine & cheese offense on another team try to beat the Pelini brothers' lunch box defense. I know who I'd be putting my wager on.

I'd like to touch on one thing about Tom Osborne or any other person that has people reporting to him or her. What do you expect him to say publicly about someone (Watson) that resides on his current staff? In any business, you don't come out and tell the public that you don't support someone on your current staff (whether you do or don't). That's not what employers do with their employees. As you may recall, he "supported" BC right up to the day that he fired him.

Dr. Tom Osborne had at least two losses in most of his first 20 seasons. And in most of those losses, things went south much the way they did for Shawn Watson's team last Saturday: an opponent that could match Nebraska's physical strength was able to shut down Nebraska's predictible offense. Having committed to a simpler smash-mouth game, those Osborne teams often got flustered and fumbly and weren't able to adapt when things didn't go their way.

Wait. Did I say Shawn Watson's team?

I thought this was Bo Pelini's team.

Funny how that works.