Has Watson ever coached a dual threat QB?

Hskr86

Honest question; Has Wats ever coached a true dual threat quarterback... (and yes, I'm referring to the run, and Cody Green). I'm very curious about what the QB's get in their daily practice reps, reads, etc. Are they taught that the lanes that can open up are also available to them? Or, as i suspect, is this discouraged on the practice field and in the film room - there's always another check-down, or just throw it away...

thoughts?

I'm pretty apprehensive about this right now. I was actually just thinking about it on my drive home from work.

I hope we don't get into a Terrelle Pryor type situation with CG. Right now, a lot of OSU fans are reeling at the fact that TP is having a lot of troubles, and TP's old coaches and current fans seem to think that he is not being utilized in the right way, and that he is being molded into a pocket passer when he is at his best using both his legs and his arm equally.

While at Nebraska, Wats has only had pocket passers. You can say that Ganz had running ability, but you would not label him as a dual threat. When I look at a dual threat player, I'm looking at a guy who can truly break a game open with great running ability. Sure, Ganz showed that against New Mexico St. and KSU, but not against anybody else.

I hope CG is utilized in the future like he was in garbage time against FAU and against ULL.