Let's lighten the mood!

Ok, since the air is so thick around here you could cut it with a knife, I thought you might get a chuckle out of this. I was watching TV tonight and wanted to find out when Saturday's game was going to start on Versus. So, I pulled up the Guide and started forwarding to Saturday to see (game starts at 11:30 central 12:30 eastern). Found the time, then pressed the info button and read this.

"Huskers look to rebound from a tough loss to TT last week behind QB ZACK TAYLOR and runningback CORY ROSS." :LOLtartar Ok, TT was two weeks ago, Iowa ST. was last week. I guess since everyone wants to bring back hero's of the past to set this offense straight, Versus figured they would throw in their two cents :wtf I could think of better ones to bring back though :) . Just thought this was funny.

Versus is top-notch.

Live, Nebraska at Baylor in a Big 12 clash. The Huskers look to rebound from a tough loss to Texas Tech last Saturday behind QB Zac Taylor and RB Cory Ross. Baylor relies on QB Shawn Bell and RB Paul Mosley to bring them their second straight victory. (Football)

Ok, since the air is so thick around here you could cut it with a knife, I thought you might get a chuckle out of this. I was watching TV tonight and wanted to find out when Saturday's game was going to start on Versus. So, I pulled up the Guide and started forwarding to Saturday to see (game starts at 11:30 central 12:30 eastern). Found the time, then pressed the info button and read this.

"Huskers look to rebound from a tough loss to TT last week behind QB ZACK TAYLOR and runningback CORY ROSS." :LOLtartar Ok, TT was two weeks ago, Iowa ST. was last week. I guess since everyone wants to bring back hero's of the past to set this offense straight, Versus figured they would throw in their two cents :wtf I could think of better ones to bring back though :) . Just thought this was funny.

Spot on description of the 2005 game.

Hey, everyone else on this board lives in the past, Versus figured, why can't they! Of course they have to pick the Clownahan era!!! We're screwed!!! :laughpound

Hey, everyone else on this board lives in the past, Versus figured, why can't they! Of course they have to pick the Clownahan era!!! We're screwed!!! :laughpound

What was the 2005 score of the Iowa State game? This might work in our favor!! :hellloooo

What was the 2005 score of the Iowa State game? This might work in our favor!! :hellloooo

Well since Baylor is who we play next, that score in 2005 was 23-14, Nebraksa. Shoot, at this point I would be happy with 3-0 Nebraska.

23-14, Nebraksa. Shoot, at this point I would be happy with 3-0 Nebraska.

HuskerstuckinMichigan I hate to be the person to correct you because somebody already played the grammer police but..........the score in 2005 against Iowa State was 27-20 OT win but the 2006 score was 28-14 win in Ames....so you were almost close :lol:

23-14, Nebraksa. Shoot, at this point I would be happy with 3-0 Nebraska.

HuskerstuckinMichigan I hate to be the person to correct you because somebody already played the grammer police but..........the score in 2005 against Iowa State was 27-20 OT win but the 2006 score was 28-14 win in Ames....so you were almost close :lol:

I was thinking of the Baylor game that year since that is who we play next, sooooooooo I WAS RIGHT!!! :box

P.S. huskerjock, I fixed it for ya so others can see what I intended. Is that better?

well i think its funny that you spell versus as verses. two different things there brah.

Oops, ran into the spelling police :) I'll promise to fix that officer!

i'll let you off with a warning this time, but if i catch you misspelling words around here again i'll have no choice but to give you a ticket. :cop:

:cop: ... If you're going to pull the spelling police you should probably make sure you understand capitalization!

:nutz;)

well i think its funny that you spell versus as verses. two different things there brah.

Oops, ran into the spelling police :) I'll promise to fix that officer!

i'll let you off with a warning this time, but if i catch you misspelling words around here again i'll have no choice but to give you a ticket. :cop:

:cop: ... If you're going to pull the spelling police you should probably make sure you understand capitalization!

:nutz;)

i'm the spelling police, not the grammar police. obviously, that is your job.