So this is what it has come to...

I can't believe that this is what it has evolved into; discussions about why we'll beat Baylor instead of Baylor being nothing more than a speedbump in the schedule.

Lord, when will we get back to absolutely crushing opponents like this again? How long do we have to wander lost in the desert of mediocrity?

It is truly a sad time for Nebraska that this is what it has come to.

Well, I'm sure fans of Florida and Alabama are thinking the same thing. Had it not been due to 2 spectacular plays by an Alabama defender blocking 2 fieldgoals, they'd have lost to a not so good Tennessee team. I don't know that we ever get totally back to crushing opponents. I'd just like to get back to beating the teams we're supposed to beat.

welcome to 2009.

college football is obviously evolving.

there are teams in the top ten that wouldn't be sniffing a top 25 ranking ten or fifteen years ago.

5 Cincinnati Bearcats 7 0 1211 0 5

6 Boise St. Broncos 7 0 1177 0 6

8 TCU Horned Frogs 7 0 1132 0 10

10 Oregon Ducks

whether folks believe there is parity or not.

It's been staring us in the face for years.

you have parity if you are able to recruit on a even basis. Every one of the teams you mentioned have us burried in talent, not even close.

We are not recruiting much better than the rest of the bottom dwellers of the Big 12.

I think that this is something both Bo and Coach Osborne need to understand. It is not the same old Nebraska, we have lost that so we have to learn to play the like the current leaders do. And that is getting the absolute best athletes out there.

It has to be a full time job, 360 days a year. And we have to set our sights high.

It is a sad situation to say the least, but the coments above make it even sadder, as it appears some are beginning to realize we have major problems that need fixed.

you have parity if you are able to recruit on a even basis. Every one of the teams you mentioned have us burried in talent, not even close.

We are not recruiting much better than the rest of the bottom dwellers of the Big 12.

I think that this is something both Bo and Coach Osborne need to understand. It is not the same old Nebraska, we have lost that so we have to learn to play the like the current leaders do. And that is getting the absolute best athletes out there.

It has to be a full time job, 360 days a year. And we have to set our sights high.

It is a sad situation to say the least, but the coments above make it even sadder, as it appears some are beginning to realize we have major problems that need fixed.

.. And i ask... What are those other 5 days for?

watching WVU(19) with their hand full with USF. Rankings mean nothing anymore other than you are about to get beat by someone unranked. Anymore, the higher ranked team is the underdog and the underdog is the favorite. It used to be an upset was special, now its expected and almost boring.

I can't believe that this is what it has evolved into; discussions about why we'll beat Baylor instead of Baylor being nothing more than a speedbump in the schedule.

Lord, when will we get back to absolutely crushing opponents like this again? How long do we have to wander lost in the desert of mediocrity?

It is truly a sad time for Nebraska that this is what it has come to.

Before the season started I was worried about the Baylor game because of Griffin. Now I'm worried about it because we might lose 3-0.