Jason Peter on BRWU

Like I stated. Kudo's to anyone that tackles their demons!! But a little simple mistake? A heroin addiction isn't a second DUI. Second chance? All for it. But give me a break. A former heroin addict stumping for the Nebraska AD job? It pretty well shows me how dillusional this dude is and probably doesn't say a lot for you either!!! Let's get real!!! :laughpound

There's your personal attack buddy. With three exclamation points.

I'm not attacking anyone personally. I stated kudo's to anyone that has tackled their demons. I never stated that anyone with an addictive personality couldn't speak their mind. What the hell? Please actually read my post first and then I can respond.I'm just saying that this guy was out there!!

Was being the key word. I found nothing offensive in what he said. Nothing to suggest his rough past. It's no longer relevent. He was a former player giving his take on some things he had noticed. He also came out in support of the staff and players.

I'm not attacking anyone personally. I stated kudo's to anyone that has tackled their demons. I never stated that anyone with an addictive personality couldn't speak their mind. What the hell? Please actually read my post first and then I can respond.I'm just saying that this guy was out there!!

No..What I'm getting from you is they CAN speak their mind..Just that previous Drug Addiction automatically discredits their statements.

But then..I may be misreading your posts..I've probably lost way more brain cells than Jason Peter ever has..From Beer alone...And I don't even take prescription drugs.

I don't want to make this an attack on anyone, so I will just say.................In general, if you are a low life piece of sh#t that drives drunk. I hope you die a very slow death in a fiery car accident and I hope by the powers that be, I can be there to watch your skin slowly melt off your bones and watch you cry for help while I stand there and do nothing more then throw more gas on the fire.

Ok, back to football :) .......................Go Big Red! :nanalama

I don't want to make this an attack on anyone, so I will just say.................In general, if you are a low life piece of sh#t that drives drunk. I hope you die a very slow death in a fiery car accident and I hope by the powers that be, I can be there to watch your skin slowly melt off your bones and watch you cry for help while I stand there and do nothing more then throw more gas on the fire.

Ok, back to football :) .......................Go Big Red! :nanalama

:clap Nice timing...

No..What I'm getting from you is they CAN speak their mind..Just that previous Drug Addiction automatically discredits their statements.

But then..I may be misreading your posts..I've probably lost way more brain cells than Jason Peter ever has..From Beer alone...And I don't even take prescription drugs.

Losing brain cells from beer drinkin doesn't count!!! :lol: No what I'm stating is from watching the show that he seemed like he was missing something upstairs. And from considering his past history.......... Did you see the interview with Wistrom? They played right beside each other at NU. Definately a different path they went on and a different intelligence level now. One a hell of a lot more articulate and normal than the other.I'm sorry but JP may have recovered 100%, but it has only been a few years since he was living in a cardboard box and now this? If anyone thinks for one minute that a recovered heroin addict can just turn off the switch and go back to where he was before...... guess again. The damage done.

Who really cares what his past entails? He had several surgeries, got addicted to painkillers and then his addiction progressed to cocaine and heroin. There have been several people with sordid pasts... but what difference does that make. He overcame his addictions, shared his struggles with everyone, and is now living a drug free life. This has no merit on any of the comments he was making during the show!! Why would Nebraska be embarrassed to have him showing support for the Huskers?!? Because he made some mistakes in the past... all of us have!! Sure, I may not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse, but I still have some regrets. We get past those and become better people for learning from it.

JP made some excellent points. I feel it would be much easier for us to recruit some solid players on the offensive line and some talented RB than to compete with big name Div 1 programs for WR. I do feel like we need to gain an identity, and I think it would be best served by sticking to the Nebraska tradition of being a powerhouse and using grunt work to get down the field. I loved his comment about whether teams won or lost to Nebraska, they always walked away knowing they played the Huskers. That is definitely lacking from the program now as no team, including Sunbelt Conference, are intimidated to play us. And with these past five or six years, teams aren't even intimidated to play us at Memorial Stadium!! I also agree that their is not any leadership at all on the offensive line. Seriously, somebody needs to step up and try to get their crap together... and that's supposed to lay in the hands of the QB and Lee is not getting it together! And I'm glad he noticed how ZL is constantly losing confidence after a few bad plays. If he doesn't have confidence in himself and in the team, how can anyone on offense have any confidence?

JP has always said things as he sees them, he just doesn't hold anything back. And that's one of the reasons I like him!

How does being a heroine addict (sorry but you're never a former addict, that term doesn't exist) have anything to do with whether or not you remember how a successful team practiced that you were a part of for 5 years?

This argument is asinine.

Exactly. I don't understand why a persons past (left behind now) discredits their entire future. Cause that's what scott seems to be saying. Don't listen to this guy cause he HAD problems.

Who really cares what his past entails? He had several surgeries, got addicted to painkillers and then his addiction progressed to cocaine and heroin. There have been several people with sordid pasts... but what difference does that make. He overcame his addictions, shared his struggles with everyone, and is now living a drug free life. This has no merit on any of the comments he was making during the show!! Why would Nebraska be embarrassed to have him showing support for the Huskers?!? Because he made some mistakes in the past... as if all of us have!! Sure, I may not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse, but I still have some regrets. We get past those and become better people for learning from it.

JP made some excellent points. I feel it would be much easier for us to recruit some solid players on the offensive line and some talented RB than to compete with big name Div 1 programs for WR. I do feel like we need to gain an identity, and I think it would be best served by sticking to the Nebraska tradition of being a powerhouse and using grunt work to get down the field. I loved his comment about whether teams won or lost to Nebraska, they always walked away knowing they played the Huskers. That is definitely lacking from the program now as no team, including Sunbelt Conference, are intimidated to play us. And with these past five or six years, teams aren't even intimidated to play us at Memorial Stadium!! I also agree that their is not any leadership at all on the offensive line. Seriously, somebody needs to step up and try to get their crap together... and that's supposed to lay in the hands of the QB and Lee is not getting it together! And I'm glad he noticed how ZL is constantly losing confidence after a few bad plays. If he doesn't have confidence in himself and in the team, how can anyone on offense have any confidence?

JP has always said things as he sees them, he just doesn't hold anything back. And that's one of the reasons I like him!

Yeah and most of his comments have been said by others too. He's not way out in left field on this stuff. Sounds like the only reason to have a problem with this guy is if you have a problem with people that were ever involved in drugs.

Definitely not out of left field on any of his comments. IMO JP seemed really enthusiastic about his love of the Huskers and what they can do to improve. And I have wanted the Huskers to go back to running the Power I or option since Osborne/Solich left! I really miss the power Neb used to have! On another note, I also agree with JP about having tougher practices. I think that's why Lee looks so great during practice and then sucks eggs during games. And if that's the way practices go, then Lee will continue to be starting QB now and possibly next year as well....