Today was a positive, what are you people looking at?

C-4

Going into the Iowa St. game last week, we all heard about heard about how things are achange, how everything was going to be on the up swing. To me, I had taken that to heart. But alas, we went into that game with way too many passes and too few of runs. Many of the passes were crappy bubble screens as well. Just a bunch of the same bull crap.

Then, against Baylor today, I saw plenty of change. We ran, and ran, and ran. No, not every carry was effective, but its how we play the game here. There was quite a few less B screens as well. And as we all know, CG was the quarterback, and that gave us a threat to run at QB.

Sure, we will probably get rocked by OU, but things are a changin'. I loved what I saw today, knowing many freshman were getting nods to start, and it was the beginning of NU football (as far as the O goes, the D has always been great)

Well I was looking at the fact for the 4th week straight we were unable to establish the LOS, run inside and outside of the tackles, consistently get the ball to what ever play makers we have and play sound fundamental football. All against a sh**ty team. Other than that everything looked just fine

Postive: we are 1 win away from getting bowl eligible and allowing this "young" team another month of practice for next year. Hopefully we can get KSU at home and seal the deal. The fact that we only beat Baylor by 10 with their 3rd string QB and zero running game is not a postive. Plus, their defense is near the bottom of the NCAA in most categories and we only score 13 offensive points. Furthermore, the stadium was primarily "red", so it really wasn't a "road game".

Sorry to be Mr. negative, but I am concerned about this year's team at this point.

One offensive touchdown. That's something to be concerned about.

This. Think about our offensive production against weak ISU and Baylor teams. What's going to happen when we play OU and IF *big IF* we make it to the conference game?

I defy anyone to find me making a neagative post on this board about the team. I'll say it now. We are hurting in some fundamental areas, espec. the O line and offensive coaching.

people need to realize were not that good of a team. the d is good but not great they get burnt on the d ball everyweek, the o has no playmakers well i shouldnt say 0 but helu is hurt and most of the players at the skilled positions are freshman give it time. Nebraska is probally not going to win the north so what improvement with the freshman is all that matters now and were the cards line up they line up!

This. Think about our offensive production against weak ISU and Baylor teams. What's going to happen when we play OU and IF *big IF* we make it to the conference game?

I defy anyone to find me making a neagative post on this board about the team. I'll say it now. We are hurting in some fundamental areas, espec. the O line and offensive coaching.

KState managed 15 against Louisiana-Lafayette, we scored 55

KState has put 30 up against OU with 10 minutes left.

One game can always make a huge difference.

Watson has proven that when the offense clicks, they can put up points. As long as the D keeps us in the game, you never know.

KState managed 15 against Louisiana-Lafayette, we scored 55

KState has put 30 up against OU with 10 minutes left.

One game can always make a huge difference.

Watson has proven that when the offense clicks, they can put up points. As long as the D keeps us in the game, you never know.

I like your optimism, I really do. But if you look at KSU and NU, the two programs seem to be headed in different directions. Since VT, what has NU done, in terms of overall improvement over the course of the season?

Color me nuts but I think the team lost a spark when Rex went down. He brought a dimension to the team that is definitely lacking now.

I like your optimism, I really do. But if you look at KSU and NU, the two programs seem to be headed in different directions. Since VT, what has NU done, in terms of overall improvement over the course of the season?

Color me nuts but I think the team lost a spark when Rex went down. He brought a dimension to the team that is definitely lacking now.

You're not wrong, but I think we're underestimating the impact of several injuries on this team, beginning with Kody Spano. Guys like Burkhead, Helu, Thenarse.... these are key injuries. Losing Q hurt, too. We're not overcoming these injuries because we have such thin depth at these key positions, which is a big part of our problem.

You're not wrong, but I think we're underestimating the impact of several injuries on this team, beginning with Kody Spano. Guys like Burkhead, Helu, Thenarse.... these are key injuries. Losing Q hurt, too. We're not overcoming these injuries because we have such thin depth at these key positions, which is a big part of our problem.

I agree about the injuries, but as far as the thin depth at RB I would say we were as deep as anyone in the country going into the season. I don't know many teams that have to go to their 5th RB that can move the ball on the ground. Think about the depth chart, how it actually is now.

1-Roy Helu, Jr. injured

2-Quentin Castille kicked

3-Rex Burkhead injured

4-Tray Robinson injured

5-Lester Ward played second half because of injury