2008 offense w/2009 defense

mitch7

If... IF Nebraska had last years offense with this years defense how good do you think we would be? Would we have beat VTech, TTech, or Iowa State? I think we could be a top 10 team with only having lost to TTech. This is all hypothetical of course but what do you guys think?

Our offense from last year (post Missouri game) would have us undefeated right now. Ganz, Swift, and Pederson wouldn't have had problems scoring against any of these defenses. Even against TT, the reason we lost was because our offense just straight up could not keep the ball in their hands.

Then again, there are a lot of intangibles that go into this and it is kind of a tough comparison to make. But I still think we would be at least a 1 loss team right now.

If... IF Nebraska had last years offense with this years defense how good do you think we would be? Would we have beat VTech, TTech, or Iowa State? I think we could be a top 10 team with only having lost to TTech. This is all hypothetical of course but what do you guys think?

LOL gotta love hypotheticals!

It's nice to dream and I think we would be undefeated as well. I just said this to one of my co-workers the other day. :bang

Heck this was even mentioned by Joe Ganz on 1620 a few weeks ago.

I think the stars sometimes don't align so the offense and defense peak during the same year. The D on the scoring explosion 83 team was less than stellar but in 84 it was one of the nation's best.

I think this is fun stuff during the off season to pass time. Fun.

I would rather have the 95 offense and the 95 defense.

Actually the 2009 Defensive Unit compares quite well against the 1995 unit. The '95 unit finished 12th Nationally in Total Defense giving up 292 yards a game; that unit gave up 14.5 points per game. Currently the 2009 Blackshirts are 9th in total defense giving up just 267.63 yards per game and they are 4th in scoring defense giving up just 11.25 points per game.