**Official Oklahoma Game Disscussion Thread**

How about Green 8 yards rushing ...Lee minus 13. It's obvious we are trying to grind this one out on the ground so green makes better sense with this gameplan. Why is this so hard to understand?

Ah, ok so now we're going for Cally's USC strat? The way OU is moving the ball, 7-3 isn't going to win it for us. Grinding it out on the ground isn't going to work, I'm afraid, as OU will be scoring more in the second half.

How did you ever survive the osborne era without jumping ship? Patience is the key. I believe we can wear down their defense if we keep pounding away. What would you prefer? Let Lee throw dumpoffs all game?

Bo and the defense have the Sooners by the throat. Can wATSON FIND THE vt GAME PLAN AND FEED THE PLAYS TO LEE?

AND DO NOT SCREAM AT HIM FOR RUNNING THE OPTION HE JUST SCORED ON A PASS TO HIS 3RD STRING TE. DO IT AGAIN 4 TIMES FRO THE TEN AND YOU HAVE A TD!

To be fair, half the guys on this board could have completed that TD play, Hill was wide open. Lee must have heard the wrong playcall from Watson cause we all know Watson isn't that smart.

:sarcasm

Look if Watson was calling passing plays and running play action a lot then yes....Lee is more equipped for this but the play calling shows we are trying to knock people off the ball, shorten the game, wear them down.

That's not right at all. Lee isn't a run threat. Green is a run threat and therefore he can make the defense play the run on option plays. That makes the option work. Pass, hand off or pitch to the I back, or keep.

I agree with you. Green should be playing. I was only trying to approach the issue from the pro Lee guys here in the forum...

If the fumble was Helu's fault, then why was Bo ripping Lee instead?

Hmmmmm....the pitch should have been caught, but it was certainly NOT a good pitch.

Why the hell is Watson running an option with Lee anyway? WTF???!!!!

D is exhausted. They need some help...but I'm afraid the O won't.

who has the better view, us at home watching on tv or Bo? plus it's the first instinct to think "oh bad pitch"... that's what i thought until the replay.

Look if Watson was calling passing plays and running play action a lot then yes....Lee is more equipped for this but the play calling shows we are trying to knock people off the ball, shorten the game, wear them down.

That's not right at all. Lee isn't a run threat. Green is a run threat and therefore he can make the defense play the run on option plays. That makes the option work. Pass, hand off or pitch to the I back, or keep.

They don't have to play the run if the OL can't keep out their front four.

How about Green 8 yards rushing ...Lee minus 13. It's obvious we are trying to grind this one out on the ground so green makes better sense with this gameplan. Why is this so hard to understand?

Ah, ok so now we're going for Cally's USC strat? The way OU is moving the ball, 7-3 isn't going to win it for us. Grinding it out on the ground isn't going to work, I'm afraid, as OU will be scoring more in the second half.

How did you ever survive the osborne era without jumping ship? Patience is the key. I believe we can wear down their defense if we keep pounding away. What would you prefer? Let Lee throw dumpoffs all game?

Wear down the defense with a running game that has been largely ineffective all game (minus the big run from Helu). They're going to have to pass some to open up OU's defense at least a little.

As I said before, I don't care who is in at QB, I just laugh at the Lee haters. Here's another useless stat..this game, the offense has more yards under who...Green or Lee?

Bo and the defense have the Sooners by the throat. Can wATSON FIND THE vt GAME PLAN AND FEED THE PLAYS TO LEE?

AND DO NOT SCREAM AT HIM FOR RUNNING THE OPTION HE JUST SCORED ON A PASS TO HIS 3RD STRING TE. DO IT AGAIN 4 TIMES FRO THE TEN AND YOU HAVE A TD!

Lee was getting yelled at for pitching it and not holding it . A 2 or 3 yard loss at that point doesn't hurt us

GBR!!!

3&out time after time doesn't even begin to wear the defense down.

All I know is that if I see another hand off to Helu from the shotgun, I hope Pelini pulls out a ball peen and smacks Watson in the temple with it. The power stuff is the only stuff that has been working, so keep it up, knock their defense off the ball, wear them down, and make McCoy and company your "companions." We're not here to dance with them.

:yeah North and South, i wish watson would do it

3&out time after time doesn't even begin to wear the defense down.

I seem to recall the 95 orange bowl having it's share of punting from our end...