Bravo Mr. Dillard

Honestly, I don't care how many different post-game threads there are, this one deserves its own thread.

Here we have Phillip Dillard, a man who a year ago was so far in the coaches doghouse it was unbelievable. The guy looked like he had a spot engraved for him on the bench for the rest of his career here. Instead of taking the easy way out, transferring to a D2 school and taking guaranteed playing time, he stuck around. He stuck around with no promises or anything. The only thing he had was a chip on his shoulder.

Throughout winter workouts, the spring and the summer, Phillip worked his arse off. Not only did his work his arse off, but he had nothing to show for it. No movement up the depth chart, but he kept grinding. No complaining, he just kept working.

Finally the week of the Virginia Tech game, the coaches decided they needed a spark at the LB position and Phillip got his chance. It very well could have been the biggest game of his entire career. If he plays badly, he will likely never see the field again in a Husker uniform and be a remembered only as a player who never lived up to the hype. Dillard proceeded to go out and play a fantastic game that earned him even more playing time going forward.

From that game on Dillard earned himself more and more playing time. From in the nickel and some even in our dime packages, he has rarely came off the field. And throughout all of that, he has been rock solid in the middle of our defense. He never got the credit for being that, either.

Tonight, he comes out against the team he wanted to play for and the team that turned him away. His final chance to play against the team that shunned him 5 years ago. Dillard, again, showing the perseverance he has for the last year plays the game of his life.

Honestly, I cannot even began to state how proud I am of Phillip, how he has changed and what he has accomplished in the past year. From where he was to where he is - unbelievable.

Phillip is truly showing the heart of a Husker and I could not be any more proud of a player than I was watching him tonight.

Phillip, bravo. Bravo.

Honestly, I don't care how many different post-game threads there are, this one deserves its own thread.

Here we have Phillip Dillard, a man who a year ago was so far in the coaches doghouse it was unbelievable. The guy looked like he had a spot engraved for him on the bench for the rest of his career here. Instead of taking the easy way out, transferring to a D2 school and taking guaranteed playing time, he stuck around. He stuck around with no promises or anything. The only thing he had was a chip on his shoulder.

Throughout winter workouts, the spring and the summer, Phillip worked his arse off. Not only did his work his arse off, but he had nothing to show for it. No movement up the depth chart, but he kept grinding. No complaining, he just kept working.

Finally the week of the Virginia Tech game, the coaches decided they needed a spark at the LB position and Phillip got his chance. It very well could have been the biggest game of his entire career. If he plays badly, he will likely never see the field again in a Husker uniform and be a remembered only as a player who never lived up to the hype. Dillard proceeded to go out and play a fantastic game that earned him even more playing time going forward.

From that game on Dillard earned himself more and more playing time. From in the nickel and some even in our dime packages, he has rarely came off the field. And throughout all of that, he has been rock solid in the middle of our defense. He never got the credit for being that, either.

Tonight, he comes out against the team he wanted to play for and the team that turned him away. His final chance to play against the team that shunned him 5 years ago. Dillard, again, showing the perseverance he has for the last year plays the game of his life.

Honestly, I cannot even began to state how proud I am of Phillip, how he has changed and what he has accomplished in the past year. From where he was to where he is - unbelievable.

Phillip is truly showing the heart of a Husker and I could not be any more proud of a player than I was watching him tonight.

Phillip, bravo. Bravo.

he has looked like a guy who could play on sundays........ I have been very impressed. his his display of determination is what being a blackshirt is all about

Phillip, bravo. Bravo.

Amen, well said.