Zac Lee

mitch7

Like many on here, I was pretty hard on Lee. I was very proud of him today, he showed patience and ran up field when the opportunity was there. I hope that this gives him back his confidence and that the offense can gain some MO from the game today.

Also, I just have to say that I love the power running game we are starting to implement. It looks like the offense is starting to acquire some identity.

I didn't get to watch the game real time on tv due to a family obligation, but after I watched the recorded version all I said was, "WHERE THE F@CK has this Zac Lee been?" I mean seriously, this Lee showed moxy, showed running skills, made the tough 1st down when the play broke down. Are we watching him finally turn the corner? Maybe all it took was a legitimate competition for playing time? Funny because that seems to work on the Defensive side of the ball.......

Well, the entire offense played better for one. That always helps. But it's always been a mental thing with Lee. Except for a rare few on here, it seems like most people feel Lee has the skills, he just hasn't been performing. Sometimes you just reach a point where it clicks and you start getting past that. Let's hope that's the case with him now.

Well, the entire offense played better for one. That always helps. But it's always been a mental thing with Lee. Except for a rare few on here, it seems like most people feel Lee has the skills, he just hasn't been performing. Sometimes you just reach a point where it clicks and you start getting past that. Let's hope that's the case with him now.

Yeah I agree, before I don't think I ever saw him scramble to make a play. Seems like something clicked for him mentally. Loved his moxy today, let's hope that it continues to show up.

As much as I've been a Zac Lee supporter, I have to air my one big gripe about his play (ignoring the Option - I'll blow a gasket if we discuss the Option). The dude CONSTANTLY throws off his back foot. His ball floats, it's consistently thrown behind the receiver, and he's just damned lucky we're not playing better secondaries because he'd get picked off a LOT.

He needs to step into his throw and damn the pass rush. He'll take some shots but he's the starting QB for Nebraska - that's what he signed up for!

Aside from that one thing, I thought Zac played his best game since ULL. Smart, safe football, risks at the right moments, and only one really bone-headed call (again, the Option, but we're not discussing that).

:)

As much as I've been a Zac Lee supporter, I have to air my one big gripe about his play (ignoring the Option - I'll blow a gasket if we discuss the Option). The dude CONSTANTLY throws off his back foot. His ball floats, it's consistently thrown behind the receiver, and he's just damned lucky we're not playing better secondaries because he'd get picked off a LOT.

He needs to step into his throw and damn the pass rush. He'll take some shots but he's the starting QB for Nebraska - that's what he signed up for!

Aside from that one thing, I thought Zac played his best game since ULL. Smart, safe football, risks at the right moments, and only one really bone-headed call (again, the Option, but we're not discussing that).

I've noticed that as well. I have yet to see him step into a throw and see a nice tight spiral hit someone, on a line, while they are in stride. I have no idea if he has the arm to do that. I did notice that during the TT game there was a noticeable difference in the velocity between Green's and Lee's throws. Does that mean anything in the grand scheme of things this season? No it does not, but it does portend well for the future and what could be with a knowledgeable Green.

Zac had a great game and several balls were flat dropped one by McNiel

Sorry, but that pass to McNeil was a very poorly thrown ball. Overall though, well... compared to the rest of his games anyway he did do better, even though he still seems to think he needs to slide on his knees as he reaches for the first down marker. Very irratating <_<

Green needs more touch on his balls.

He ONLY throws bullets, and that's no good either.

I think Zac just needs a lot more confidence right now, and that will develop - we hope.

Wow, I did not mean for the first line to come out that way.

All right...now that was funny hahaha! Good stuff Zoogies.

Green needs more touch on his balls.

He ONLY throws bullets, and that's no good either.

I think Zac just needs a lot more confidence right now, and that will develop - we hope.

Wow, I did not mean for the first line to come out that way.

Agreed.

His accuracy is pathetic, and the fact that he's gunning ever ball as hard as he can plays part into that. The only time he doesn't just fire it was like the pass to niles... when he takes a shot far down field he throws it into the air and a bomb, and it was more accurate...hmmmmm

imo he's not scared to get hit.... he certainly never shy's away from it, and he throws off his back foot when no one is around....... IMO he is just scared to make a mistake and is aiming the ball instead of just throwing it.