Pelini's temper

np_husker

There is a difference to passion and bullying. I think his anger is unacceptable, the only thing that redeems him, regarding anger, is that I think he is probably hardest on himself. However, I do not see how yelling at Cotton helps the line play better.

Bullying? Oh, please...My old high school coach's temper makes Pelini's outbursts look like a Sunday confessional.

Ever do up-downs in a sand bur patch practice field the next day for committing a penalty on game night?

Bo is not yet even a good and far from a great HC. He is not a class act. He acts like he is a defensive coordinator who gets paid to raise hell. Yapping at a player coming off the field in the heat of battle is probably to be expected for a relatively new head coach, or even an experienced one. Yapping at assistants on camera is bush league, plain and simple.

Does anyone think that we would have been better off if the offensive coaches he was belittling on national TV where friends and family watch would have walked and let Bo little call the plays and run the offense?

Does Pellini think he would appreciate it if the head coach made him the scapegoat on national TV when he was a DC?

There is time for that krap when the cameras are off. Class is not something you pick up unfortunately. If he doesn't change his ways and we start losing, Bo will be kicked out of Lincoln much faster than the last two HC's . He hasn't figured that out yet. He is FAR from a class act.

And ragging on Watson only increases the reason for Gabbert to decommit. Watson was the only reason Gabbert committed. His family cannot be happy to see the reason they wanted to come to Nebraska being humiliated week after week on TV. BUSH LEAGUE and will only work as long as there are more W's than L's.

Bo is not yet even a good and far from a great HC. He is not a class act. He acts like he is a defensive coordinator who gets paid to raise hell. Yapping at a player coming off the field in the heat of battle is probably to be expected for a relatively new head coach, or even an experienced one. Yapping at assistants on camera is bush league, plain and simple.

Does anyone think that we would have been better off if the offensive coaches he was belittling on national TV where friends and family watch would have walked and let Bo little call the plays and run the offense?

Does Pellini think he would appreciate it if the head coach made him the scapegoat on national TV when he was a DC?

There is time for that krap when the cameras are off. Class is not something you pick up unfortunately. If he doesn't change his ways and we start losing, Bo will be kicked out of Lincoln much faster than the last two HC's . He hasn't figured that out yet. He is FAR from a class act.

And ragging on Watson only increases the reason for Gabbert to decommit. Watson was the only reason Gabbert committed. His family cannot be happy to see the reason they wanted to come to Nebraska being humiliated week after week on TV. BUSH LEAGUE and will only work as long as there are more W's than L's.

:wtf Just about all I can say

I'm sure this won't win me any friends on this board, but...

Pelini's outbursts on the sideline are boorish and serve no purpose. Does he really think making fools of his assistants and players on national TV does anything positive? It doesn't. Come on, you're a highly paid coach at a major college, show some class.

I'm not taking anything away from his coaching and what he has done with the team in the past two seasons. I think he will end up being a great coach, but watch the temper.

I think its silly to judge him if you dot really know the situation. what did pelini say? what was said to him. what is the background of the whole situation? and how do we know that this tactic wont work? I heard todd haley talking about how bill parcells used to make him run sprints before practice if he screwed something up as a coach.

ok..... have you been watching this team the last few years?

There is a difference to passion and bullying. I think his anger is unacceptable, the only thing that redeems him, regarding anger, is that I think he is probably hardest on himself. However, I do not see how yelling at Cotton helps the line play better.

Bullying? Oh, please...My old high school coach's temper makes Pelini's outbursts look like a Sunday confessional.

Ever do up-downs in a sand bur patch practice field the next day for committing a penalty on game night?

Yes! Also one time during a time out, in a game we should have been winning, the managers brought out some water. Coach yelled they don't deserve any f***ing water. He grabbed the water bottle out of my hands and threw it at the manager, hitting him in the head, and knocking him down.

ok..... have you been watching this team the last few years?

Don't feed the troll.................

You people are a bunch of babies. Get over it. Obviously his style is working. and His coachmates want to be here, (they do, I know) Some of you people just want somthin to squabble about. You could make a problem out of a million bucks, unless of course you're already some rich prissy who thinks you have it all figgered out. SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE RETURN OF OUR PROGRAM, CUZ IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES.

Personally, for my own selfish reasons, I hope and PRAY that Bo's intensity scares Gabbert right out of his commitment. That's because I don't want a Gabbert-style qb coming here, because it will only continue this pointless foray in an offensive scheme at a school where it can never be taken to the highest level due to our geographic disadvantage at recruiting.

That said, Pelini's intensity took a cellar-dweller defense and put it at the top in the span of year, and defensive recruits are not shying away--even with that intense personality of his. NU needs a hard edge, and Pelini gives us that. I can just look at him on the sideline and know the guy is coaching his guts out for me. He isn't standing there with a stupid look and glazed eyes play after play. He's animated, and I love it. If the day ever comes when Pelini just stands there on the sidelines like a slug, you know he doesn't care anymore and has to go.

I'm fine with it.

what would some on this board have thought of bob devaney?

I would follow Devaney to the gates of h*ll. He might have to give me a little push and say, "don't be such a f***ing pansy," though. Same with Pelini...people have different ways of leading, but you can see a great leader when they come along. If I was on the coaching staff then I would feel pissed at myself, but I would also recognize that Pelini thinks I can do better. It's when they stop riding your butt...that's when you know they don't care or they know you can't do any better.