Just Amazing!!!

I am watching the OU/aTm game and OU has put up 65 points on them and I won't be surprised if they end up with over 70!!! It is amazing to think that our D kept them to only 3 POINTS. Yeah it's aTm but 65 points. Don't be to down on our D after this game, credit has to go to Mangino, he had a very good game plan to overcome our front four.

With all this talk about the struggles of our offense and whether some OC coaches should be fired (I used to think that myself, not so much anymore), do we realize that we really aren't that far removed from being a Top Ten team VERY soon. I don't think that is a bunch of :koolaid2: talking either. If we can get our offense clicking consistantly and our D stays pretty much at the level it is at (no reason to believe it won't), we will be a Top Ten team. When Pelini came in last year, many here hoped against hope that he would bring back the Huskers in 3-4yrs and I don't think any of us expected this D to turn around as soon as it has.

Now, and yes it is only one game, but I am very encouraged that our OC seem to finally realize what type of offense wins around here. Yes it is in it's infancy, yet we also all hoped that these guys would start picking TO's brain and we did see the results of some of that today. We were worried that Watson might be stubborn, but I think we might have sold him short. Anyway, I am very encouraged about the future of the Huskers, it looks like it may be brighter than we realize.

Yep.

OU's last four games, counting aTm, are as follows:

65 (and counting)

Which of these scores stands out?

I'd say our defense, especially Suh and Crick, were gassed big-time after last week. This was a hangover game, and we still held Reesing to 19/41, 236 yards, 1 TD.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Didn't KSU hang a 60 spot on them?

Yep. 62-14, Wildcats.

yeah, and KSU also gave up 66 to ttech, 23 to ISU, lost to LA lafeyette, and barely beat UMASS. we will roll KSU!

Probably, but the last time I said we were going to roll someone, we gave the ball up 8 times and lost. I'll keep my mouth shut this week.

GBR

Didn't KSU hang a 60 spot on them?

Yep. 62-14, Wildcats.

yeah, and KSU also gave up 66 to ttech, 23 to ISU, lost to LA lafeyette, and barely beat UMASS. we will roll KSU!

Probably, but the last time I said we were going to roll someone, we gave the ball up 8 times and lost. I'll keep my mouth shut this week.

GBR

:clap Good call!!! I was one of those that said after we lost to TT that the next two would be easy games. :bang:bang:bang

1) The GT player on the left needs a haircut. I can't get over it.

2) Bo has already said next year's D should be better-only losing 6 players on a 25 man-two deep roster. Now that's just scary. 5 of which are starters but 2 d-backs, one linebacker, and 2 d-lineman. so the losses are evenly spread, and theooffense will be better. Hmmm. Here that Big 12?

I hear ya. but to see the jubilation on the sideline and compassion of offensive coaches and players over how they played, i believe you will see the offense now develope a confidence/swagger as the defense has now that they have an identity to lean on, and that makes nebraska without a doubt a dangerous team right now.

Pelini has things going in the right direction if we beat ksu and colorado which i think we will he will have at least 9 wins again with a chance at two more wins. I thought it would take a couple years after the mess that you know who left. How many times did he get 9 wins i think once when we played aurburn in the cotton bowl? So I think pelini is only going to get better as a coach and recruits are taking notice.

I hate playing the could've, should've game, but reality says that if it weren't for a complete 1 minute melt-down on the road at a very good VT team and unlikely 8 (un-f'n-believable) turnovers agains a very mediocre ISU, this team would already by 9-1, heading into 2 games that they should win. 11-1 and a BCS game wasn't that far away.

Now, if NU stubs it's toe, they could still finish with anywhere from 7-6 (just shoot me) , but more likely approx. 8-6 after bowl game, if they would go 1-3 rest of way...still not a very good ending, but when BC beat Michigan and made NU 8-5??? , most people thought it was "progress".

If Pelini thinks next year's D will be better, and our O has to be better, with almost all skilled positions and decent OL back, NU should really push hard to win the North (agian) and be near the Top 15 at end of year. Bo has this team heading the right direction.

Pelini has things going in the right direction if we beat ksu and colorado which i think we will he will have at least 9 wins again with a chance at two more wins. I thought it would take a couple years after the mess that you know who left. How many times did he get 9 wins i think once when we played aurburn in the cotton bowl? So I think pelini is only going to get better as a coach and recruits are taking notice.

talk about going out on a limb......

sorry I couldnt help myself