Stadium LOUDNESS

How loud can we get? The Oklahoma game was loud for a change, but this week it needs to be LOUDER, rest up the vocal cords and lets see how much affect we can have on KS offense. GO BIG RED

I recall a game in the mid-90s before the new press box where the stadium was so loud the fans got flagged a couple of times. Can't remember who the whiny potzers were that we played, but I clearly remember their QB backing away from center and looking at the Ref like, "I can't hear!" The official told the crowd to quiet down, and when we didn't, they gave Nebraska a five-yard procedure penalty.

Waaah!! :steam:steam

How loud can we get? The Oklahoma game was loud for a change, but this week it needs to be LOUDER, rest up the vocal cords and lets see how much affect we can have on KS offense. GO BIG RED

I recall a game in the mid-90s before the new press box where the stadium was so loud the fans got flagged a couple of times. Can't remember who the whiny potzers were that we played, but I clearly remember their QB backing away from center and looking at the Ref like, "I can't hear!" The official told the crowd to quiet down, and when we didn't, they gave Nebraska a five-yard procedure penalty.

Yeah you don't see that anymore. So stupid. It's kind of like tackling the quarterback is ok as long as it's not too hard. Boo hoo.

Well, I almost got kicked out of the OU game because a guy in the row in front of me, and 4 seats to the right complained to stadium security that I was yelling in the person's ear in front of me. This is the same guy that got up and left with 2+ minutes left in the game as OU was driving down the field for a potential game tying touchdown. Idiot!

With what's on the line and it being a night game-it's gonna be insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yeah I also think for OU most people thought we were going to lose, so the crowd started a little flat, but once people started to think we could win,it just got crazy. I think most people believe we will beat KSUcks, so it should start out at 11 and stay there.

Wasn't it the 94' CU game?

I vaguely remember that happening a couple of times when I was younger but cannot remember which games. How the hell can you throw a flag on the crowd for being too loud? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard :dunno

Wasn't it the 94' CU game?

1991 Oklahoma, freezing drizzle game. I was there, as well as 94 colorado, do not recall that situation in 1994. I do remember in 91, Cale Gundy, pinned inside the five, not able to here backed away from center and approached an official. They stopped the proceedings, then rehuddled and re-started the play clock. The crowd did get louder after that and there were protocalls at the time for that situation. 1 stoppage, (was used) then a warning over the p.a., then timeouts would be charged to the home team, once timeouts were exhausted, a 5 yard penalty would be assessed. But i dont remember any penalty. Osborne did address the crowd thru the ref's audio in that game for someone hittin gundy with an orange tho. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i belive these rulse do not exist anymore, with the advanced hand signals and silent shotgun counts and such. that 91 game was loud tho.

In fact, that game, the 93 Oklahoma game, the 94 colorado tunnel walk moment, and 2001 notre dame opening minutes are the loudest I've heard the ole lady, and this years Oklahoma game ranks right up there, it was comparin to Arrowhead when it gets to thumpin good, when you can't hear the guy next to you yellin in your ear, it's loud.

Mind you, I make this statement having not attended the 1992 Colorado game, (that may have even been a game where the crowd was penalized) , and I hear that was probably the loudest in a long while.