If we beat KSU, should we take the CU game off??

I don't think these young guys WOULD TAKE a week off! They have had a couple of games under their belt where they played as a team and sort of 'fed off' of each other... I'd say they likely ENJOYED that and I don't think you could get them to take the CU game off. Plus, I think if Bo Pelini even READS this topic, you will likely see him stalking around Lincoln, fist clenched, teeth gnashing, scowl ON, with several dead and disemboweled cheerleaders in his jowls... No, nobody's 'taking the game off'... Plus, as a fan, I want them to play a demented and disturbed game against KSU AND CU!

GO BIG - GODAWFUL BLOODSOAKED - RED!!!

To be honest, I think that if we beat KSU and CU pretty easily and the offense has a pulse. I really like our chances beating Texas. I mean our DLine is amazing and can rough up Colt, plus we've shown that we can slow down a slot WR like Shipley (Murray against OU) and our run defense is pretty much the best in the Big 12. Plus, Texas pretty much always chokes once or twice a year. Hell we almost beat them 2 years ago basically without a defense. Maybe im way to optimistic but I think CU is a bigger threat than Texas because we always seem to let them stick around the whole game when we couldve easily won the game by the end of the first half.

To be honest, I think that if we beat KSU and CU pretty easily and the offense has a pulse. I really like our chances beating Texas. I mean our DLine is amazing and can rough up Colt, plus we've shown that we can slow down a slot WR like Shipley (Murray against OU) and our run defense is pretty much the best in the Big 12. Plus, Texas pretty much always chokes once or twice a year. Hell we almost beat them 2 years ago basically without a defense. Maybe im way to optimistic but I think CU is a bigger threat than Texas because we always seem to let them stick around the whole game when we couldve easily won the game by the end of the first half.

I'll start...... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's not THAT crazy!

You must not realize how bad CU is. We're going to put the hurt to them in a big way.

If we manage to stay within 21 of Texas, I'll be surprised.

If Oklahoma can stay within 3 points with Texas than we sure can. We are a good offense away from being the best team in the Nation, there really isnt any arguing that either with a solid offense we wouldve beaten VT by at least 2 TDs at least beat ISU, without the meltdown vrs TTU we are 10-0 and probably favored to beat Texas....but we dont have a good offense. Even without an offense id be surprised if this game is a blowout look at what people thought before the OU game.

i would say that your facepalm is wrong in this instance.

Colorado took texas into the 4th quarter and they think of us as a much bigger rival than they do texas.

however you are correct that we will probably beat CU by a couple scores and we are certainly not guaranteed to beat Texas, but to say that we lose by at least 21 is crazy talk imo. i would say that we have about a 40% chance of beating texas myself.....namely because our defense is better than theirs and i think that we will be able to score somewhere around 17 points.....i dont know that texas will have the ability to score more than 24 (they tend to struggle when you put pressure on them) on us so i think that gives us at least a chance....

Was this original post a joke? No, really-this wasn't a serious question, was it?

BTW, I think Oklahoma State gets the Cotton bowl & we get the Holiday.

Wow, already throwing in the towel against Texas? Every game has the possiblity of a win. Until the Fourth quarter is over in the Big 12 championship game, I say we get the automatic BCS Bowl. :woo

As far as you saying we won't stay within 21 of Texas........................................Seems like I heard that a lot before the OU game.