Nebraska and Boise

From journalstar.com blog:

"Any chance Nebraska adds Boise State to the schedule?"

I'm getting that question a lot this week.

That's because Boise State athletic director Gene Bleymaier is essentially begging for a major opponent to play his Broncos, especially on Sept. 3, 2011. In fact, Boise State is willing to make it a road game, with no return trip to Idaho necessary. He told Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports he can hardly get his calls returned (the A.D. won't say specifically which schools have turned him down).

Sept. 3 just happens to be an open date on Nebraska's 2011 schedule. Even so, don't hold your breath waiting for a Boise State-NU showdown in 2011, because the Huskers already have games scheduled that season against Fresno State, Washington and at Wyoming. Adding Boise State to the bunch would make little-to-no scheduling sense.

Perhaps down the road Boise State and Nebraska could schedule a 2-for-1 deal (two games in Lincoln, one in Boise).

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extr...e_question.html

It's fun to have Boise State come play at your stadium. They think that they're good and then you destroy them. Granted, they might not gawk at the Nebraska girls like they do when they go to other schools...

NU would not destroy BSU. Actually, we would be underdogs and deservedly so. I would expect that BSU would beat NU 7 out of 10 times they played.

We want no part of BSU. It is a no win situation. Beat them and people yawn. Lose and people scoff. This is why no one wants to play them.

BSU has a system and great confidence. Right now, at this moment, they would roll over the Huskers --- anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. BSU, if not a legit top 10 --- is a top 15 program. At present NU is somewhere between 30 -35th nationally as far as overall current football programs are concerned. BSU is, as hard as it is to admit, several levels beyond NU at the moment. Life is rough... but that is the truth, sad as it might be.

Not sure how you say that Boise St would beat NU 7 out of 10 times. They played and beat the ONLY BCS team on their schedule in the first game of the year and have nothing to show since then. Living in Reno, I get a lot of the WAC sports updates and the conference is a joke. Even high flying Boise State consists primarily of 2 star athletes with the occasional 3 star players sprinkled in here and there. Regardless as to what you think of the star-ratings system, Boise doesn't have the depth or the playmakers to play a "good/decent" BCS team 10 times and come out on top the majority of the time (that's probably why they scheduled ONE).

Hell, NV has rolled through the WAC yet lost by an average of 25 points against Notre Dame and Colo State (also lost to Missery at home by 10 points). NV is tied for the lead in the WAC, so what's that tell you about the WAC or "Weak Ass Conference" as I like to call it out here? It should tell you that Boise State Aint that great and I say that Nebraska would roll 'em and they'd make our offense look great!

We paid Arkansas State $750K. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...l_payoffs_N.htm

$1M doesn't sound too out of line.

Agreed, I think this would be a good match up.

You season ticket holders should send an email to T.O. telling him to sign a contract with Boise State. Hell, every NU fan should send him a letter or email telling him to sign a contract with Boise State.

Interesting article I found while on Yahoo sports

Boise BCS blocked

Boise State is pretty much offering to go to any major opponent's stadium to play a non-conference game in 2011 and in return, they would not even have to play in Idaho. I noticed that the date they are wanting to play that there is no Husker opponent scheduled. How incredible of an opportunity would this be for Nebraska to fill their schedule with a quality non-conference opponent in addition to the financial prospects of not having to pay a Sun Belt like team, nor give up a home game next year.

What do the rest of you think? I say, bring on the Broncos!

Don't we have enough crap teams on the schedule already? Why not schedule Columbia, Dartmouth, Idaho and Montana State if you want more crap teams? And who wants to pay good money to see these losers anyway??

I think Games like this are Good for Football.

With that said. Scheduling any other of the regular Top 10 Teams would have a Greater reward if you win and a lesser penalty if you lose. That is IF you could get one of them to come to Lincoln.

If I were A/D, I would offer $750k and make it known to the press that the offer is out there. I would also make it known that this is the Max Payout Nebraska gives to Non BCS Programs.

That would put the pressure on Boise. They either care about getting a Quality BCS Game or they Care more about the Money.