Nebraska and Boise

That looks awful! Our easiest game is on the road. Could you imagine a 1-3 start! We would be battle tested for the conference though. Looks like a colorado schedule.

One thing to remember is that this would be the 2011 schedule. We all thought Washington would be an easy win last year, but now it's looking a bit more difficult. Fresno State, Wyoming, Boise State....same thing, they could be good, or they could stink.

I just think the financial implications of this game would do nothing but benefit Nebraska. How much money does Lincoln see each home game...and then to not have to return the favor and go play in Boise. I think Boise State is also a perfect fit for the schedule. We have currently one not so good team (Wyoming), and I would put Washington and Fresno State in the "average" category right now. Boise State would be a high quality team. And if we lose, then oh well. I would rather see us play quality opponents and lose than Sun Belt teams.

Yeah, but I'd take my chances. Didn't Jamrog question the previous administration's ballzacs for their scheduling?

The game would def be on TV. Next year, the first three out of four games will prolly be on PPV or nothing at all. And that would suck.

(Western Kentucky, Idaho, Warshington, South Dakota St)

Bring on Boise State

our non conference schedule is shameful for the next 2 years

get a quality opponent in there

We were 0-1 in this years shameful schedule. The only real game we played was VT and although we should have won that game ... look at how VT's season has turned out.

It's crazy to hear we shouldn't play Boise ... now there's a great program I can get behind. Love TCU as well. Husker fans need to stop resting on the past and embrace the programs of the future.

What are you afraid of Husker fans ... are we a bunch of pu&&y's anymore that we have to schedule three puff schools. It's not like the Big 12 North is a tough side of the conference. I mean, we can't even be competitive with the middle of the pack of the South.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about how "tough" the Big 12 is. Where is the "blackshirt" mentality of the fan. It's like we want to be called champs but play a bunch of "chumps" while we say we play a tough schedule.

I can't get to a game ... but I don't see how fans pay those ticket prices to see some of these schools.

SheepdogMark

our non conference schedule is shameful for the next 2 years

get a quality opponent in there

We were 0-1 in this years shameful schedule. The only real game we played was VT and although we should have won that game ... look at how VT's season has turned out.

It's crazy to hear we shouldn't play Boise ... now there's a great program I can get behind. Love TCU as well. Husker fans need to stop resting on the past and embrace the programs of the future.

What are you afraid of Husker fans ... are we a bunch of pu&&y's anymore that we have to schedule three puff schools. It's not like the Big 12 North is a tough side of the conference. I mean, we can't even be competitive with the middle of the pack of the South.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about how "tough" the Big 12 is. Where is the "blackshirt" mentality of the fan. It's like we want to be called champs but play a bunch of "chumps" while we say we play a tough schedule.

I can't get to a game ... but I don't see how fans pay those ticket prices to see some of these schools.

SheepdogMark

:yeah

What a bunch of wussies we've become.

Bring on all contenders..It's not like the top 10 teams of the past (like us) that would leave you hurting for weeks after the game.

Maybe at worst, we could turn Boise State into the next Florida State..But WE FEAR NO ONE!!!

Besides..Now days, There's very little difference between a "top 10 team" and a "top 25 team"

Am I the only one who's tired of seeing Ohio State EVERY FARKEN WEEK on tv, while my Huskers are almost always on PPV?..

Wait..when does the game start? I better get rready to hit the bars to see us play.

I have heard this suggestion brought up a couple times before, and after listening to some talk shows on this idea and reading a few articles, playing BSU really isn't a good idea.

Why? Because we don't get anything from it. If they continue to be a good program like they are, they will have a pretty good chance of beating us. If we win, then it will be a game we were "supposed" to win and nobody will take anything from it. If we lose, people will still view this game as losing to a lesser opponent even if they are ranked higher than us in 2011. It's still Boise State. They are a good football program, but they reside in a below average conference.

I don't think this is true anymore. Look at Oregon...they lost to BYU and are back in the top 10 (for now, losing late to Stanford today). They sure didn't get punished much for losing to BSU. People know that Boise State is good now.

we really need to get this game locked in. it would be great for everybody.. you guys are saying its a no win situation.. considering boise st. is staying on track come 2011 they probably start out around #10 in the country.. so your saying if we beat a number 10 team in the country that its a no win situation...?? :facepalm:

ok so if we loose, we loose to #10 team in the country i would take that anyday over beating a south dakota st 70 -10..

we need this game!!!! :hellloooo:thumbs:w00t:horns2:koolaid2::koolaid2:

Every fan base would want their team to play Boise because it would be exciting. The programs don't want it though because it is a no win situation... if you win it was Boise State so eh, and if you lose, you just lost to Boise State. Even if they are top 5 they are still not a major conference team and will be viewed as having an "inflated" ranking so there is nothing to gain. On the other hand... Nebraska should play GT now THAT would be exciting!!!!!! I would love to see my home town team down here in the ATL and then go back home to see my school play in Lincoln!

Come on. The early schedule is for warming up to the meat of the schedule. Get our young guys some experience and work on clicking as a team. It would stink to drop the opener and win out only to see two undefeated teams at the end of the season...

I miss the Kickoff Classic games against Penn State or whoever won the previous MNC.

And it would stink even more to have Boise State finish undefeated and not grabbing a chance to beat them ourselves earlier.

We can't always rely on the rest of the Big-12 to provide proper meat.

There is no benefit to playing the Broncos. Whether you win or lose, the pundits say the Broncos are from a weak conference. So if you win, you were SUPPOSED to win anyway, and if you lose, you lost to a team from a weak conference.

I think most college football fans know Boise State is legit top 25 year in and year out. The tough part is when they get inside top 10 because then you have to start looking at an unbeaten Boise vs. 1 loss teams in major conferences. But these guys have made a name for themselves and have beaten quality programs last few years. I would love to play these guys and see how our defense matches their offense. :box

We should definitely play them. DEFINITELY.

Why not? Because adding BSU makes our schedule too difficult and we won't go undefeated? If we lose to BSU in game 1, we don't deserve to go to the NC game anyway.

Wait, we shouldn't because it's lose-lose (We win, it's no big deal, but we lose and we're humiliated)? Ummm same thing goes for our Sun Belt tour this year, except we had to pay a lot to each of those schools. Plus, Boise has been ranked far ahead of us for many years now.

I'd rather play a bunch of average-to-decent non-conference games (and lose one or two) than win out on the Sun Belt and become overconfident...then get exposed later on in the season.

We should be playing good opponents, especially when they give us a free home game and we don't have to go play on the blue turf. We shouldn't be afraid of a non conference challenge (like some teams *cough*Texas*cough).

What the hell are you guys saying??? slink away from a WAC team? you pu33ies hand over your husker man cards and now,we do not back down from a game,our d is stellar and only will improve and the offence bu 2011 will run up the scoreboard. Harvy P schedule this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of you guys make me sick,you still have the wild bill virus! he is gone and we are on our way!