Mangino threads

stargazer

I've heard people saying KU players are wussies for not being able to take being yelled at etc.

I look at it this way; If TO was Mangino's AD he'd fire him. Not for not for yelling, not for cursing, not for pushing his players. He'd fire him for not teaching his kids to be the best football player while teaching them to be men and good students.

TO took some hard cases and did just that with few exceptions (cough Lawrence Phillips cough). Instead of trying to motivate LP with threats he tried to show him the way through punishment and guidance.

As vocal as Bo is, he does it while teaching them how to be good football players, men, and students. I'm confident his player's will learn a whole new level of cursing while at the same time be more happy to come back to see Bo than to finally get out from under him.

Mangino's a good XO guy. Not much of a coach if what they say is true. Bo would never get to a similar point because TO would have canned him long before.

the only reason this is an issue, and the players are not wussies for complaining, it is because Mangino lost them. he lost their confidence, their trust, and their respect. when players like a coach, they appreciate their coaching style because they believe it is making them better. when it does not make them better, they just see it as futile bullying. i do not know who has seen the clip of Mangino ripping his player a new one after he ran back a kick and dove into the endzone, but that clip makes me believe Mangino was more bully than coach. it's not like bo ripped suh or o'hanlon a new one when they got celebration penalties.

the only reason this is an issue, and the players are not wussies for complaining, it is because Mangino lost them. he lost their confidence, their trust, and their respect. when players like a coach, they appreciate their coaching style because they believe it is making them better. when it does not make them better, they just see it as futile bullying. i do not know who has seen the clip of Mangino ripping his player a new one after he ran back a kick and dove into the endzone, but that clip makes me believe Mangino was more bully than coach. it's not like bo ripped suh or o'hanlon a new one when they got celebration penalties.

That's an awesome video and the player fully deserved it.

you think he deserved it? :wtf that was a disproportionate ripping for what that player did. did Suh deserve a ripping when he returned a pick against CU? did O'hanlon deserve a ripping when he threw the ball in the air after intercepting, which put our fumble prone offense inside the five?

you think he deserved it? :wtf that was a disproportionate ripping for what that player did. did Suh deserve a ripping when he returned a pick against CU? did O'hanlon deserve a ripping when he threw the ball in the air after intercepting, which put our fumble prone offense inside the five?

The circumstances of the two examples you listed were so different than when Pendleton did it, I'm not even going to dignify it with a real answer. Look up the circumstances for yourself if you really care, then get back to me.

Mangino defends his tactics, program

Kansas coach Mark Mangino defended himself and the Jayhawks football program on Thursday, speaking on Sports Radio 610 in Kansas City.

Mangino, who is faced with allegations of verbal abuse and inappropriate physical contact against players, pointed to the team's success on the field and high graduation rates.

"We are sending kids out into the world prepared," Mangino told the radio station. "But I can't do the work of some parents, what they should have done before [the players] got to me. Some of these guys are bitter, they are bitter and [the allegations] are about that.

"There are some things that happen for 18 years of their lives that I can't change in four years of college. Can't do it. Can't change their behaviors, can't change their attitudes."

Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins has launched an investigation into Mangino allegedly grabbing, yelling at and putting his finger in the chest of senior linebacker Arist Wright, who had been laughing during a walkthrough or practice prior to the Colorado game on Oct. 17, two people briefed on the situation told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday night.

Since then, several former Kansas players come forward with allegations of verbal abuse.

"There are people who want to embarrass the program for their 15 minutes of fame," Mangino told the radio station.

Mangino's team started the season 5-0 but has since lost five straight heading into a game at No. 3 Texas on Saturday. He conceded that he's lost the support of "some people around here."

Mangino inherited the Kansas program in 2002. Five seasons later, the Jayhawks were 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl over Virginia Tech. He was named Associated Press coach of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4672600

Wow. Think anyone else will hire him?

The circumstances of the two examples you listed were so different than when Pendleton did it, I'm not even going to dignify it with a real answer. Look up the circumstances for yourself if you really care, then get back to me.

oh, i know what the difference in circumstances were; in one circumstance the players had an n before the u, in the other circumstance the player had a k before the u.

oh, i know what the difference in circumstances were; in one circumstance the plays had an n before the u, in the other circumstance the player had a k before the u.

Uh, no...and with that answer it's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. When you do, I'll gladly consider resuming this conversation. Btw, KU is my second favorite football team in the country, so your argument just doesn't fly. Go find a clue regarding what I'm talking about, then try again.

Uh, no...and with that answer it's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. When you do, I'll gladly consider resuming this conversation. Btw, KU is my second favorite football team in the country, so your argument just doesn't fly. Go find a clue regarding what I'm talking about, then try again.

Maybe you could just tell us the circumstances :/