Mangino threads

stargazer

I've got the perfect answer for KU and the Buffs. Trade coaches! It's as simple as that. No expensive buyouts to contend with saving both schools millions and millions. A fan base that can't whine for almost 9 months. Mangino would be a hit on Youtube after he's spotted snow skiing. People in Lawrence could make a ton on t shirt sales.... "Jay Hawkins". Same in Boulder.... "Mount Mangino". Mangino would also fit in with all the munchie eaters out in Colorado and could throw batteries at players he's pissed at or shine lazer lights at them. Hawkins is already used to Moms bitchin about their kid's playing time. Sometimes the obvious solution is right in front of us!

You know, if things had gone a different way I really think Callahan could have worked out here, long term, with a lot of success. We just weren't patient enough to try, there were rumors of some shady booster deals, and we got Bo. Doesn't look like a bad move, so far, and I'm a big fan of Bo. I just am not completely convinced Callahan couldn't have done good things for us also, provided we got a new DC. You might be looking at a seriously explosive offense right now with an all-Big-12 O-line and Gabbert at the helm.

But enough would-haves. We're Nebraska, and the HC gig is a big deal here. And Bo is an exceptional fit and a terrific coach. We can afford to draw the line there and say Callahan got his chance, didn't cut it, we'll try something else.

Kansas? Good luck, guys. Mangino lost his temper and yelled at a student? Oh my, stop the presses. The truth is (like with Callahan), they're just not happy they're losing. Few were complaining about the disconnect with that ethereal notion of the 'Nebraska Way' when we were beating Michigan or playing on New Year's Day. Mangino's the same guy he was when he lead them to 12-1. If this is the path they're going to choose to take, their loss.

KANSAS isn't going to pull in another guy to bring success to that program. The whole "10-3 isn't good enough mantra" at Nebraska...well, how about 12-1. At Kansas. That's way too short of a memory. The Big 12 football cellar's missed you, Jayhawks...oh well. Even you guys think you're more of a basketball school anyway. :)

Good points and you may be correct zoogie. I think the KU and BC Nebraska days may have a correlation. In the end the fans wanted them gone. I look at it as having an employee that tries hard and you really like but he keeps screwing up. You have more patience with him, work with him, and eventually they do get better. But if you have one full of bravado and irritates your a$$ and he keeps screwing up, doesn't listen to your instructions........ well adios.

You know, if things had gone a different way I really think Callahan could have worked out here, long term, with a lot of success.

Gotta stop ya there....

BC didn't have any sense of the tradition at Nebraska

BC didn't have any respect for the players/coaches that were here before him

BC didn't have respect for himself in keeping his 'posse' on the staff well beyond their stay

BC didn't have the lunchpail attitude to satisfy the fanbase

BC didn't care for the walk-on program

BC didn't coach to win, he coached to 'not get blown out'

BC didn't maximize the potential of his recruits

BC straight up snubbed one of the greatest coaches of all-time

BC was the fifth choice for the HC job, desperation hire

Worse era of NU Football, period.

I've got the perfect answer for KU and the Buffs. Trade coaches! It's as simple as that. No expensive buyouts to contend with saving both schools millions and millions. A fan base that can't whine for almost 9 months. Mangino would be a hit on Youtube after he's spotted snow skiing. People in Lawrence could make a ton on t shirt sales.... "Jay Hawkins". Same in Boulder.... "Mount Mangino". Mangino would also fit in with all the munchie eaters out in Colorado and could throw batteries at players he's pissed at or shine lazer lights at them. Hawkins is already used to Moms bitchin about their kid's playing time. Sometimes the obvious solution is right in front of us!

:clap Win :clap

The KC radio here was saying Mangino has to be gone because it's now public that he was an a$$ and no one would want to come play for him anymore. I guess there are now stories coming from former OU players from when he coached there about how he just beat up his kids verbally and was really nasty to people. The announcer DID say that it was sad because mangino is a heck of a coach.

But Centex. What if Callahan would have kept Pelini? Probably one of his biggest mistakes along with keeping Gill as a token instead of oc. But you are right. He sucked!!!

BC's offense with Bo's D might have been a good match. Bo might have already left for a HC gig anyways, just don't see those two working on the same staff...could 'what if' it until we're blue in the face.....

:cheers

The KC radio here was saying Mangino has to be gone because it's now public that he was an a$$ and no one would want to come play for him anymore. I guess there are now stories coming from former OU players from when he coached there about how he just beat up his kids verbally and was really nasty to people. The announcer DID say that it was sad because mangino is a heck of a coach.

that guy is fuct........

If Kansas lets go of Mark Mangino we can throw them a big "Welcome Back to the Basement" party. This whole episode is stupid and juvenile..

Mommy, Mommy.. Coach tapped me in the chest!! Mommy mommy! Coach called me names and said I was "Hot Dogging" on the field. Mommy my coach is verbally abusive.. Are these football players really that big of pansy a$$ sissies or is this blown out of proportion by the meida.. For the sake of a respectable Kansas football program I hope the latter is true.. Give me a break.. I live to see Bo chew out players AND COACHES FOR THAT MATTER! Brings spunk to the game!

You think Mangina was hard on his players..The Summer before my Sr. year..a couple of my Football coaches saw me buying a case of Beer in the local liquor store.. confiscated my beer, sat down by their pickup, and drank every one of them in clear view of me and my teammates...

It's still hard for me to talk about. I haven't been the same since. That single incident is solely responsible for my inability to drink Beer from cans, and resulting career in street walking.