Mangino threads

stargazer

the only reason this is an issue, and the players are not wussies for complaining, it is because Mangino lost them. he lost their confidence, their trust, and their respect. when players like a coach, they appreciate their coaching style because they believe it is making them better. when it does not make them better, they just see it as futile bullying. i do not know who has seen the clip of Mangino ripping his player a new one after he ran back a kick and dove into the endzone, but that clip makes me believe Mangino was more bully than coach. it's not like bo ripped suh or o'hanlon a new one when they got celebration penalties.

That's an awesome video and the player fully deserved it.

you think he deserved it? :wtf that was a disproportionate ripping for what that player did. did Suh deserve a ripping when he returned a pick against CU? did O'hanlon deserve a ripping when he threw the ball in the air after intercepting, which put our fumble prone offense inside the five?

The circumstances of the two examples you listed were so different than when Pendleton did it, I'm not even going to dignify it with a real answer. Look up the circumstances for yourself if you really care, then get back to me.

oh, i know what the difference in circumstances were; in one circumstance the plays had an n before the u, in the other circumstance the player had a k before the u.

Uh, no...and with that answer it's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. When you do, I'll gladly consider resuming this conversation. Btw, KU is my second favorite football team in the country, so your argument just doesn't fly. Go find a clue regarding what I'm talking about, then try again.

what a player can not celebrate when they have a 77-yard TD return against Central Michigan in the season opener which tied the 11th-longest in school history?

Uh, no...and with that answer it's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. When you do, I'll gladly consider resuming this conversation. Btw, KU is my second favorite football team in the country, so your argument just doesn't fly. Go find a clue regarding what I'm talking about, then try again.

Maybe you could just tell us the circumstances :/

After his comment? No way. I'll let him do his own legwork.

All of these player abuse stories are just a cover for the real reason he's being forced out. Word is that a very graphic Mangino sex tape is about to hit the Internet.

Is he in bed eating chicken saying, "I'm dead sexy. Look at my t*tties...oh aye!"???

You happy? Fatty make a funny? F'ing Chuck Norris.

Well, you're still missing the point, but at least you're getting a little warmer, lol.

i'm sorry, i gotta be honest with you, i really do not care that much. maybe i was wrong. i though mangino was excessive, but i do not know the context. i was speaking in generalities and from what i saw, i thought it was uncalled for and there were other ways to handle it.

The damage is done, he's as good as gone. Lew successful ran this smear campaign against the fat man and is getting what he wants. I for one am disgusted with our AD. I do think he has a coach lined up ready for the spot because Lew isn't the type of guy to pull some stunt like this and not have a plan, here's to hoping we don't get another "I'll be your best friend" Terry Allen. This year has been horrible but it sure as hell beats being 2-10 every year and losing by 50 points all the time.

nejayhawk, I have a serious question for you and jayhawk or any other ku fan on here. What are you feelings towards Lew? He just seems like a slime ball to me. But he has done some good things for KU while he has been there. Do you just tolorate him, like him, hate him? what is the general feeling from your fan base about your AD?

Sorry I been AWOL, been moving and flying on weekends, and my PC broke in the move, so no luck in my whole life I guess :)

Anyway. I like Mangino, I think he is a bit of a jerk personally and he is a little borderline. I think he is a good football coach, but I am sure some of the criticism is well founded. I don't think he keeps his job after this, but that could go very bad for us. I think if Lew was a good boss, he would have intervened about questionable tactics earlier and less publicly (did he? dunno). I think Mangino and the team has earned the right to not have this happen with 2 games left, that is crap. Poking a guy in the chest and the other stories to support it probably do not present such a clear and present danger as to warrant this circus. That is wrong. Lew is being lame as best I can tell. My guess is that this is about losing, or a big part of it is, Mangino is right (if not politcally correct). Lew has been a good AD, but he coulda done better by the team, at minimum, then how I view this antic.

Now that I have said that, Lew may have talked to Mangino about it and gotten nowhere, I don't know, so maybe the action is warranted in the end, if not the timing. I would say I am questioning Lew's judgement on his timing a lot based on what I know. That said, the guy is a good AD otherwise, so I am going hedge all that and concede the facts are very unclear, there are a lot of perspectives and I hope Lew knows what he is doing. I also think Mangino is a good coach, we are having a bad year, and Mangino's style was charming and tough and old school. Now it is mean and awful when we lose...

Mangino has done a lot for the football team, so I am not feeling good about where things are right now with regards to the way this is going down. He has been a bit of an arse for years. Funny Lew just noticed.

I know our former AD did not have a back up plan for Solich. Instead we got our former AD's 6th pick. I knew right from the start the pick was not going to work but I did wish for the best. This move by KU is going to hurt the football program for years to come.

I strongly suspect he thought he could snag Urban Meyer at the time. Meyer was clearly looking to move on from Bowling Green, and I think Pederson thought it was a slam dunk to get him - or any other up-and-coming coach - to jump at the job. I think Pederson was honestly shocked when he was turned down. And turned down again, and again, and again. That's what led to that ridiculous desperation move of sending the private jet down to Arkansas, and eventually the hiring of the only man desperate enough for a job to work for an AD that fired a coach after a 9-3 season.

Not that it matters that much, but Meyer was at Utah then. He left BG the year before.

I know our former AD did not have a back up plan for Solich. Instead we got our former AD's 6th pick. I knew right from the start the pick was not going to work but I did wish for the best. This move by KU is going to hurt the football program for years to come.

I strongly suspect he thought he could snag Urban Meyer at the time. Meyer was clearly looking to move on from Bowling Green, and I think Pederson thought it was a slam dunk to get him - or any other up-and-coming coach - to jump at the job. I think Pederson was honestly shocked when he was turned down. And turned down again, and again, and again. That's what led to that ridiculous desperation move of sending the private jet down to Arkansas, and eventually the hiring of the only man desperate enough for a job to work for an AD that fired a coach after a 9-3 season.

Not that it matters that much, but Meyer was at Utah then. He left BG the year before.

That's right - Meyer left BG the year before. Memory's getting fuzzy. :dumdum

I think everyone is missing the most amazing part of this story...Kansas has apparently fielded the first NCAA D-1 Woman's football team ever!

What a joke all of this is. "Oooo...I got yelled at and poked it the chest...Oooo". Better run to mommy who will no doubt be outraged because this kind of thing never happened to her sweet baby when he was the star player for Cowpoke High! Why...everyone in Cowpokeville treated our son with so much respect because without him, we would have never won the Shitkickin District Championship and our coach (who owned the local feed store) would have been run out of town on a rail...

Wish we could have had these guys back when real football players roamed the earth. They wouldn't have lasted a season with Criner. He would smack you upside the head with a clipboard, a pointer...hell, a machete is there had been one handy...call you names...kick you...throw your equipment across the locker room. Did I ever see anybody crying about it? Hell no...most of us were getting a free ride through school. What did we have to comlain about? I'd trade some name calling and chest poking for free room, board an college tuition any day.

And what's the deal with all the "former" players and their bullsh#t stories anyway? If it was such a big deal, why didn't these noble folks bring Mangino's problems to light when they happened instead of waiting till they used up all their eligibility and the taxpayer's free scholarship money? I guess now that they got their free ride they can pipe up. Mangino was mean to you? Awwww...tell you what. You give us back the money that we used to feed, house and teach you when the big bad man was being mean to you and then we'll play you a heartfelt sonotta on the world's smallest violin. Until then...you rank high on the "pu&&y" meter for not being man enough to say something until AFTER you graduated.

Kansas Football 2009 < Project Runway