Mangino threads

stargazer

Kansas beat Minnesota in the insight bowl last year. And to say they didn't deserve to go to the orange bowl is silly. 1 loss team in the big 12...who should've gone? Missouri?

Clearly. Beat them head to head, won the division, ranked higher in the coaches poll the ap poll and the BCS. Pleayed a much stronger schedule, defeated a number of ranked teams and so on. Ku didnt beat one bsc team with a winning record until the orange bowl, lost the division, was lower ranked, had lost the head to head 2 weeks prior and so on.

Let me guess you belive NE deseaved to play for the NC in 2001 too.. :wacko:

I seriously doubt Kansas will be able to find a more serviceable coach for the program than Mangino.

You don't just give a guy who won you a BCS game and your best all time school record the boot after 2 seasons of playing the best competition in your conference. It's unrealistic for Kansas (or any other school in the Big 12 North) to fire your HC after playing against OU and Texas in the same year.

Let's face it, Kansas isn't a place that is going to go to a BCS game every year given the talent of the Big 12 and the fact that the North is pretty balanced this year in skill level. Fire the guy if he being physically abusive to players and giving your program a bad name, but don't fire him for one tough season after being their most productive head coach in decades.

I'll bet KU football sinks back the deep dark abyss if/when Mangino is let go.

definitely, they should just be happy that they have high enough expectations where they are able to be disappointed, i mean KU fans being disappointed in a season is unheard of.

:D it's funny because it's true.

Kansas is WAY better than a 1-5 conference record, suspect defense or not. This season shouldn't get a guy who just went 12-1 two years ago fired.

Got Callahan fired. He wasnt 12-1, but if he had played KU's schedule in 07 he probably would have been.

Wins and loses weren't Callafraud's only and major issues

i know ;) , you know me, i like to stir the pot. :lol:

Granted, Perkins didn't hire Mangino and sees this as a cheap buy out. However he has a couple of major issues on his hands.

1. Who better than Mangino is he going to find?

2. What will Perkins reaction be the next time the players come whining about getting poked in the chest or getting grabbed by the face mask? Will Perkins hang the new coach out to dry like he appears to be doing with Mangino? Saying no will be tough to defend since actions prove otherwise.

Kansas is WAY better than a 1-5 conference record, suspect defense or not. This season shouldn't get a guy who just went 12-1 two years ago fired.

Got Callahan fired. He wasnt 12-1, but if he had played KU's schedule in 07 he probably would have been.

Wins and loses weren't Callafraud's only and major issues

i know ;) , you know me, i like to stir the pot. :lol:

I can appreciate that. I also like to stir the pot and get people to think instead of just post. But your comment was so off-base that it failed in stirring anything. That's ok....it's just an Internet posting board.

2:25 p.m.: The speculation has been wild about the investigation of Kansas football coach Mark Mangino .

But when in doubt on stories like this, follow the money.

This fall, Kansas announced a $34 million Gridiron Club project to build fancy seating for football.

The early response to that project has been lukewarm at best. Losing five games in a row doesn’t help. And Mangino isn’t the type of personality to jolly with boosters and glad-hand the donors of substance.

Also, bluntly, Mangino’s weight problems make him an uncomfortable face of the program.

So let’s check in on Athletic Director Lew Perkins. He didn’t hire Mangino but is in charge of getting the Gridiron Club funded. Can you put 2 and 2 together yet?

Mangino was tolerable when winning 12 games and going to the Orange Bowl. When he’s a .500 coach, he’s a bully with a volcanic temper who has never courted many friends.

Change appears to be coming to Lawrence.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091118/BIGRED02/711199983

The school of thought from another forum I frequent is that if it were related to Mangino's job, it wouldn't necessarily be about his "performance" in terms of wins/losses and the direction of the program. The concern might be that there's some serious issues between he and the administration.

I dont agree that it couldnt be about his performance. He has had 1, count it 1, good year. That year they didnt play 1 single BSC team with a winning record in the regular season until their last game, which they lost. He has never had another season where he finished above .500 in conference. His best team ever will most likely not even make a bowl game.

His conference records are as follows:

0-8

2-6

2-6

4-4

3-5

7-1

4-4

1-5 currently and a probable 1-7 finish.

For those who dont want to add that is a coference record of 23-39 currently. Minus what has proved to be a fluke season in 2007 and he is 16-38 in big 12 play. He will likely finish .500 in big 12 play over the last 3 years with Reesing, Meyer and Brisco. He is NOT the great coach some make him out to be. He is not a bad coach but since when does a guy who losses nearly twice as many conference games as he wins qualify for "great"

a fluke 2007 made him a rich man, and it should also not keep him from being cut like any other coach who cant perform.

Yeah, but he owns Mizzou and Gary Pinkel.

4-3 and likely 4-4 is no owning. But here is another quick one for you. He has NEVER finished ahead of Gary Pinkel and Mizzou in the standings. NEVER. So whats better. MU being Ku's super bowl every year or actually being better than your rival every year?

I dont like losing to ku, but i do enjoy looking down on them from up above... :thumbs

suddenly the mizzery fans are back... LOL!!

If Kansas lets go of Mark Mangino we can throw them a big "Welcome Back to the Basement" party. This whole episode is stupid and juvenile..

Mommy, Mommy.. Coach tapped me in the chest!! Mommy mommy! Coach called me names and said I was "Hot Dogging" on the field. Mommy my coach is verbally abusive.. Are these football players really that big of pansy a$$ sissies or is this blown out of proportion by the meida.. For the sake of a respectable Kansas football program I hope the latter is true.. Give me a break.. I live to see Bo chew out players AND COACHES FOR THAT MATTER! Brings spunk to the game!

The school of thought from another forum I frequent is that if it were related to Mangino's job, it wouldn't necessarily be about his "performance" in terms of wins/losses and the direction of the program. The concern might be that there's some serious issues between he and the administration.

I dont agree that it couldnt be about his performance. He has had 1, count it 1, good year. That year they didnt play 1 single BSC team with a winning record in the regular season until their last game, which they lost. He has never had another season where he finished above .500 in conference. His best team ever will most likely not even make a bowl game.

His conference records are as follows:

0-8

2-6

2-6

4-4

3-5

7-1

4-4

1-5 currently and a probable 1-7 finish.

For those who dont want to add that is a coference record of 23-39 currently. Minus what has proved to be a fluke season in 2007 and he is 16-38 in big 12 play. He will likely finish .500 in big 12 play over the last 3 years with Reesing, Meyer and Brisco. He is NOT the great coach some make him out to be. He is not a bad coach but since when does a guy who losses nearly twice as many conference games as he wins qualify for "great"

a fluke 2007 made him a rich man, and it should also not keep him from being cut like any other coach who cant perform.

Yeah, but he owns Mizzou and Gary Pinkel.

4-3 and likely 4-4 is no owning. But here is another quick one for you. He has NEVER finished ahead of Gary Pinkel and Mizzou in the standings. NEVER. So whats better. MU being Ku's super bowl every year or actually being better than your rival every year?

I dont like losing to ku, but i do enjoy looking down on them from up above... :thumbs

suddenly the mizzery fans are back... LOL!!

brother i never left. :dunno maybe if you came around alittle more often...LOL