ESPN, Suh, and a bus

mitch7

if he isnt invited, we should all pitch in and pay for his ticket...or am i being a crazy husker fan right now?

If he is not invited, doubt that he would want to waste his time in NY....it is all about politics anyway.

heisman is not even a big deal unless a guy from your school is getting it, otherwise no one cares. but when it's your guy, it's a huge honor.

Disagree.. it makes the headlines everywhere in ever paper locally and nationally.. it is all over the TV and the internet.. Not to mention the weeks of hype leading up to it that is great for national exposure in recruiting.

if he isnt invited, we should all pitch in and pay for his ticket...or am i being a crazy husker fan right now?

If he is not invited, doubt that he would want to waste his time in NY....it is all about politics anyway.

heisman is not even a big deal unless a guy from your school is getting it, otherwise no one cares. but when it's your guy, it's a huge honor.

Disagree.. it makes the headlines everywhere in ever paper locally and nationally.. it is all over the TV and the internet.. Not to mention the weeks of hype leading up to it that is great for national exposure in recruiting.

ok, it is hyped, but in the grand scheme of things, it is just a popularity contest of players from teams in contention for the national title. it's not like an automatic draft pick, i was saying no one cares because it is meaningless, it is not indicative of the best player in college football. heck, a qb might win it and not even be the top qb to be drafted. the real honor is how you are drafted. (i.e. eric crouch, who may have deserved it, but only because it was a weak year) (also, tommie frazier did not win it; how can it be taken seriously?)

ok, it is hyped, but in the grand scheme of things, it is just a popularity contest of players from teams in contention for the national title. it's not like an automatic draft pick, i was saying no one cares because it is meaningless, it is not indicative of the best player in college football. heck, a qb might win it and not even be the top qb to be drafted. the real honor is how you are drafted. (i.e. eric crouch, who may have deserved it, but only because it was a weak year) (also, tommie frazier did not win it; how can it be taken seriously?)

No no, trust me I get that part about it.. it is nothing but a popularity contest. I get that 100%. The only thing I disagree with you on was that it isn't a big deal around the nation.. Because it is.. But Suh being #1 on Kiper's draft board will be huge exposure for NU too... I'm just looking at it completely from a recruiting aspect instead of a "who's the most popular player" aspect.

No no, trust me I get that part about it.. it is nothing but a popularity contest. I get that 100%. The only thing I disagree with you on was that it isn't a big deal around the nation.. Because it is.. But Suh being #1 on Kiper's draft board will be huge exposure for NU too... I'm just looking at it completely from a recruiting aspect instead of a "who's the most popular player" aspect.

yeah, i'm just a little bitter sometimes. your right, it is a lot of great national prestige. even better, any defensive minded player must be impressed that Pelini was able to help train Suh to be the type of player to be able get some of that heisman hype.

I've never ever gotten the ESPN-hating thing.

Have you ever gotten the Milli Vanilli-hating thing? It's similar to that.

Uhm, I hate licorice, too.

Is it like that?

Or like hating Fox News? Cause I get that.

As for ESPN not giving the Huskers enough love? Pure paranoia.

i think every school probably hates espn for not getting enough attention from them, except for florida, notre dame, and tim tebow. i hate espn because they only care about the nfl and i think it is just generally pretty worthless. no reason to personally hate it, i just find it worthless.

i think every school probably hates espn for not getting enough attention from them, except for florida, notre dame, and tim tebow.

There's a video on YouTube about Husker Tradition. Gives you goosebumps. Couple minutes into it, Lee Corso and Chris Fowler go on record as saying the Nebraska fans have more knowledge and integrity than any fanbase in college football.

I don't know how you could show any more favoritism than that.

Except, possibly, when ESPN staff voted for the greatest teams in college football history and put two Nebraska teams in their Top 3.

In case you didn't notice the Huskers haven't been so great the past few years. ESPN has certainly been obliged to report that. Even then, they appear to be rooting for the Huskers to get back to relevence.

Still have yet to hear an ESPN analyst give the Huskers anywhere near the ripping we so willfully give our own team right here on HuskerBoard.com.