Niles Paul

HuckFoley

I was real impressed with Niles Paul again yesterday.

I was curious if people think he might try to go early to the NFL?

I know he hasn't put up a ton of yards or gotten the national attention, but that guy continues to impress, especially the last half of this season.

I think he will be back personally, but that guy is one stud of an athlete, and someone from the next level has surely noticed.

Thoughts?

I don't think Niles Paul is NFL ready. At least not now. It always looks like he is daydreaming out there. What I didn't like yesterday was a couple of times, Roy Helu finished a run, and Niles Paul was standing over him and instead of helping a teammate up, he walks away. After the OU game, he was quoted in the World Herald saying that he didn't realize that the QB's changed. What kind of awareness from a starting WR is that?? Can't forget about the bonehead plays this year.

I think Helu and Crick are more of a threat to leave than Paul. I do think all 3 come back.

Paul is starting to turn into that #1 receiver but early in the year he had some downright lame plays.

Why is that? I would be shocked if Crick left early . . . doubly so if Helu left early.

Helu is such a humble and religious kid . . . I think there is no way he leaves.

Crick may be great eventually but I think most scouts attribute a lot of his stats to playing next to Suh. (and that may or may not be accurate.)

We'll see I guess.

I was real impressed with Niles Paul again yesterday.

I was curious if people think he might try to go early to the NFL?

I know he hasn't put up a ton of yards or gotten the national attention, but that guy continues to impress, especially the last half of this season.

I think he will be back personally, but that guy is one stud of an athlete, and someone from the next level has surely noticed.

Thoughts?

Not even worried.

Niles isn't anywhere close to where he needs to be to go to the NFL. WR is one of the most heavily-populated spots on NFL rosters. Leaving early would guarantee Niles a place on the bench or scout team, IF (and that's a big if) he gets signed.

:yeah

If you want to go to the NFL early you have to have the game changing abilities of players like Crabtree and Maclin. If you aren't a cut above the rest at the WR position, then leaving is a terrible decision.

NP still has a lot to learn. He still isn't getting open that often and isn't putting himself in positions to score touchdowns. He could improve a lot with another year here.

Niles isn't anywhere close to where he needs to be to go to the NFL. WR is one of the most heavily-populated spots on NFL rosters. Leaving early would guarantee Niles a place on the bench or scout team, IF (and that's a big if) he gets signed.

exactly, WR's are a dime a dozen, i suspect he has not turned any NFL heads, just yet.