Where does Texas outshine Nebraska?

I think the difference is Texas has big play makers. They have guys that can change the game with one big play. That and our offense is very inconsistent. The combination makes us the easy underdog. I see the game starting out close but ending in UT's favor with the following score:

17-10 at the half, 35-10 final.

Winning the Big 12 North is a big thing for us considering a few years back, we were allowing people to hang 50 and 60 points on us. I think we are on the right track and with a few more years under Bo's belt, I think we can balance the Big 12 again and eventually win another Big 12 Championship. I'm hopeful but it is down the road, not in the Big 12 Championship game.

Also, I think the Colorado game will be a big game for us. If we can beat them, I think it will propel us into the Big 12 title game but if we lose, we may limp in and look dismal. Nonetheless, GO BIG RED!!!

You mean other than offense defense and special teams where does Texas outshine us? Don't know, think the cheerleaders are pretty much even, The Tejas gals have something wrong that causes their forefinger and little finger to stick out a lot. Kinda deformed hand look. But the players on the field for the Tejas crew are pretty damn good. It will take a huge letdown on their part and much better than the best we''ve played all season for it to be close going into the 4th quarter.

If you do a breakdown position by position, there are only three positions where NU has an advantage over UT.

QB - Texas

O - line - Texas

WR - Texas

RB - even

TE - even

D - tackles - NU

D - ends - Texas

LBs - Texas

Corners - even

Safety - even

Kicker - NU

Punter - NU

Looks like a hard hill to climb. McCoy doesnt scare me nearly as much as Shipley does, I think the whole game hinges on how he plays.

If you do a breakdown position by position, there are only three positions where NU has an advantage over UT.

QB - Texas

O - line - Texas

WR - Texas

RB - even

TE - even

D - tackles - NU

D - ends - Texas

LBs - Texas

Corners - even

Safety - even

Kicker - NU

Punter - NU

Looks like a hard hill to climb. McCoy doesnt scare me nearly as much as Shipley does, I think the whole game hinges on how he plays.

I'll give TE to Nebraska. Texas' tight end has only six receptions all year from what I could find...

So there's 4 for Nebraska. :)

QB - Texas

O - line - Texas

WR - Texas

RB - even

TE - even

D - tackles - NU

D - ends - Texas

LBs - Texas

Corners - even

Safety - even

Kicker - NU

Punter - NU

I'll give TE to Nebraska. Texas' tight end has only six receptions all year from what I could find...

i would say nebraska has a head coaching advantage. frankly, i have never been impressed with brown's coaching ability; for all of his talent, he should be in the national championship every year, or darn close. he only has 1 national championship and that was largely because of Vince Young, not because of coaching. his poor coaching explains why OU almost beat them this year. also, NU always plays UT tough, i think it is because Brown has a very uncreative, almost one dimensional, offensive. hopefully it is a good game, which we win; that would be sweet and make all the pain of this year worth it.

QB - Texas

O - line - Texas

WR - Texas

RB - even

TE - even

D - tackles - NU

D - ends - Texas

LBs - Texas

Corners - even

Safety - even

Kicker - NU

Punter - NU

I would agree with just about every slot but Shipley doesn't scare me as much as Banks did.

QB - Texas

O - line - Texas

WR - Texas

RB - even

TE - even

D - tackles - NU

D - ends - Texas

LBs - Texas

Corners - even

Safety - even

Kicker - NU

Punter - NU

i would say nebraska has a head coaching advantage. frankly, i have never been impressed with brown's coaching ability; for all of his talent, he should be in the national championship every year, or darn close. he only has 1 national championship and that was largely because of Vince Young, not because of coaching. his poor coaching explains why OU almost beat them this year. also, NU always plays UT tough, i think it is because Brown has a very uncreative, almost one dimensional, offensive. hopefully it is a good game, which we win; that would be sweet and make all the pain of this year worth it.

I can't change your mind on whether or not you think Mack is a good coach, but at least represent the facts correctly. For starters he has never lost more than 4 games in a season...and that was his first year after taking over a 4-7 Texas team. He has rolled off 9 consecutive 10+ win seasons. I agree, I would like to see more Big 12 titles on his wall, but you can't say that he hasn't been in the mix year in and year out. He's never finished lower than 2nd in the south with a MNC caliber ou team getting the best of him for 5 straight years. Critical injuries and losing coin flips with the Big 12 gods also have played a role recently.

Texas can cherry pick talent, but let's not forget who got them in that position.

QB - Texas

O - line - Texas

WR - Texas

RB - even

TE - even

D - tackles - NU

D - ends - Texas

LBs - Texas

Corners - even

Safety - even

Kicker - NU

Punter - NU

I can't change your mind on whether or not you think Mack is a good coach, but at least represent the facts correctly. For starters he has never lost more than 4 games in a season...and that was his first year after taking over a 4-7 Texas team. He has rolled off 9 consecutive 10+ win seasons. I agree, I would like to see more Big 12 titles on his wall, but you can't say that he hasn't been in the mix year in and year out. He's never finished lower than 2nd in the south with a MNC caliber ou team getting the best of him for 5 straight years. Critical injuries and losing coin flips with the Big 12 gods also have played a role recently.

Texas can cherry pick talent, but let's not forget who got them in that position.

i don't think i misrepresented the facts. i've had this argument many times with friends, and they always disagree with me. he has the most talent in the Big XII and places 2nd in the South because Stoops out coaches him. i just do not think he is very impressive at calling a game that is all, for his talent, i think he should dominate everyone but OU. OU got the best of him for 5 straight years because he gets out coached. Reasonable minds can differ, and this is a good example.

Its a couple weeks away, but Texas is going to be one of those games where you just cant stomach to watch it after half time, maybe not by the score but by the play calling. If watson plays this game not to get blown out, then we can call for his head. McCoy wont throw 5 picks, and he will move the pocket (clearly NU's weakness). I watched him once live this year, and he really isnt all that impressive. He isnt the same Colt that will run wild and play his style. Their O-line isnt all that great though.. But i just hope we play with nothing to loose on offense and hope we never see an option play as long as Lee is at Nebraska <_<