Isn't nine wins significant at ALL

tmfr15

Remember when the minimum goal for a regular season was nine wins. There was a time in the history of this program...not that long ago, where this would be a week filled with nine win talk and what a disapointment it would be to finish with eight wins and how Texas is tough and if we lost to Colorado and fell to Texas we wouldn't meet the program standard.

Where is this talk now?

Nine wins represents a return to consistency and you have to return to consistency before there is much belief that you can take the program where we all want it to go.....ALL THE WAY

Who have the Huskers beaten this year that's any good? Nobody that's who. And don't tell me Oklahoma because they stink up the field. The Huskers have NOT beaten 1 Single team in the top 25. NOT 1. That is why 9 wins does not mean Jack.

post-5728-1259080639.jpg

Who have the Huskers beaten this year that's any good? Nobody that's who. And don't tell me Oklahoma because they stink up the field. The Huskers have NOT beaten 1 Single team in the top 25. NOT 1. That is why 9 wins does not mean Jack.

You are correct that the Huskers haven't beaten a single team in the Top 25. They've beaten TWO.

Side note. How old are you and why am I not surprised that you apparently ride a crotch-rocket?

Remember when the minimum goal for a regular season was nine wins. There was a time in the history of this program...not that long ago, where this would be a week filled with nine win talk and what a disapointment it would be to finish with eight wins and how Texas is tough and if we lost to Colorado and fell to Texas we wouldn't meet the program standard.

Where is this talk now?

Nine wins represents a return to consistency and you have to return to consistency before there is much belief that you can take the program where we all want it to go.....ALL THE WAY

Your right, we suck. Cant do nothin right. This whole Pelini thing was a big mistake. It's time to get rid of him since the only 2 ranked teams he's beatin on the schedule, who were ranked low at the time, had their wheels fall off after. Colorado will be a close game and that's just utterly embarrassing. We'll probably lose the Texas game, which is unacceptable, maybe we can get Callahan to interim coach the bowl game.

Where is this talk now?

Honestly who flippin' cares if not one team was ranked. WERE STILL WINNING GAMES!!!

You are correct that the Huskers haven't beaten a single team in the Top 25. They've beaten TWO.

Yep.... Mizzou was ranked #18 (Coaches' poll) and #24 (AP poll); OU was ranked #23 (Coaches poll) and #20 (AP poll); and, in the case of close calls, VA Tech was ranked #13 in the AP poll. <_<

9-3, a 75% winning percentage, seemed to be the benchmark throughout the Big 8 years because Nebraska typically played 11 regular season games, plus a bowl game.

In the Big 12, we can have 13-14 games. 14 this year. Winning 9 of them is only a 64% winning percentage. So, we need to win 10 games to get close to that winning percentage, and win 11 games to narrowly exceed it.

Seeing as our goal is to play 14 games a year, I don't like 9 being a good point to be satisfied...BUT...

9-3 thru 12 and playing in the CCG yearly would be acceptable for now! However, I would like to see 10-2 as the perennial benchmark.

If we continue to be the North Champs for 3 out of the next 4 years, I think that will let us lay the groundwork of getting back to a legitimate NC caliber team.