Burkhead should be the new starting RB

Did someone just suggest we throw some screens? I can't believe half the board hasn't come here and jumped down your throat. It wasn't very long ago that if you even mentioned throwing ANY kind of a screen you were made out to be barely better than the antichrist.

I don't think it was the mention of a screen pass that caused such a fuss, but rather what some people's definition of a screen entailed.

I doubt any of our RB's, QB's or OL would necessarily have trouble running a screen, they just need to learn how to throw and catch the ball first. How many times this season have we seen a complete clusterf@ck, with either droppped passes or poorly thrown balls, on a simple screen? And with as much pressure as Lee makes it seems like he is under, you would think that we could nullify it with screens and short dumps to the RB's all day.

the antichrist has arisen j/k j/k

.02 gotta do something other than run the not too good option l or R and lose 3 yards at least a screen has a shot at a couple of positive yards idk I'm not nor ever will be a footsball coach.

imo just getting it to helu/rex out in space is a good thing

GBR

What a f&cking beast. IMO Nebraska should use Rex Burkhead as the #1 RB against Texas, I think his explosiveness gives us the best chance to gash Texas' D for some yards & put us in a position to put points on the board. Obviously we should use Helu too, but I think Burkhead should be the #1 back

Nope. Helu!

Helu is more of a home run threat. I think we need that because I don't see us making too many long drives against Texas. I like him starting (if he's at or near 100%), and I like seeing Burkhead come in early, and going mostly with the hot hand. It's a good situation having 2 very good running backs.

I would start Burkhead, just because Helu runs better after the first quarter. Got most of his yards in the 2nd and on at Va Tech

Last summer I predicted that neither Roy Helu or Quentin Castille would end the season as our starting running back.

Having thus established my brilliance, a few more thoughts:

1) It's nice to have both Helu and Burkhead.

2) Those short rollout passes we've been running the past couple weeks? Those are tailor-made for Burkhead.

3) Helu carried the entire offense on his back against the toughest defenses we've faced all year. He's earned the respect and the start.

4) EVERY college football fanbase and EVERY BBS on the internet regardless of topic ends up sounding pretty much like this one.

Helu is more of a home run threat. I think we need that because I don't see us making too many long drives against Texas. I like him starting (if he's at or near 100%), and I like seeing Burkhead come in early, and going mostly with the hot hand. It's a good situation having 2 very good running backs.

I would start Burkhead, just because Helu runs better after the first quarter. Got most of his yards in the 2nd and on at Va Tech

What makes Helu run better in the 2nd and on is getting touches. He is one of those guys (like all RBs aren't!!1) that gets better after more touches. He definitely gets into a groove and finds holes better when he's had a few carries.

Long time no post guys, but there hasn't been a lot of interesting news among the coaching ranks recently.

This one is sorta interesting though:

Beck is pushing for Burkhead to get the start on Saturday even if Roy is close to 100%.

Roy's shoulder took another hit against CU when he landed hard on it.

According to my sources, Helu's only about 60% right now. This is not a good sign for us.

What a f&cking beast. IMO Nebraska should use Rex Burkhead as the #1 RB against Texas, I think his explosiveness gives us the best chance to gash Texas' D for some yards & put us in a position to put points on the board. Obviously we should use Helu too, but I think Burkhead should be the #1 back

You are completely insane. Burkhead is not even that good. You think he's gonna "gash" the Texas defense? For what, like 10 or 15 yards for the game? Get real please !

Cmon Gixxer, give Rex some credit. AngryHusker is justified in what he said about Rex... He runs hard and hits the holes with conviction, which is exactly what we need in the kind of offense we run. He is also very shifty and also seems to just always fall forward to gain a few extra yards. I feel bad for Rex because he's had several runs this year where he's been one good move from taking it in for a long six. Roy seems the same way.

Cmon Gixxer, give Rex some credit. AngryHusker is justified in what he said about Rex... He runs hard and hits the holes with conviction, which is exactly what we need in the kind of offense we run. He is also very shifty and also seems to just always fall forward to gain a few extra yards. I feel bad for Rex because he's had several runs this year where he's been one good move from taking it in for a long six. Roy seems the same way.

I just think he's way way over-rated. He's too small to smash people like Rozier and Phillips and guys like that did. He can't block either because he's too small. He does not have a great burst of speed needed to outrun the defense or bust thru a small hole. Helu's a little better but not much. And with Burkhead's small size he's gonna get injured over and over again as he has already shown. Sorry but we need somebody way better, bigger, stronger and faster than that dude...