Well Time to Talk Texas

kshusker89

i like our chances. the o-line is starting to gel and i am becoming more and more impressed with lee. he is a tough guy and i think he will do okay next week. the defense is making big plays when it needs to and, while people will argue that we haven't played an offense like texas, i am quite certain they haven't played a defense like ours. i think bo and the boys will surprise a few people next week.

i agree with everything you said, except they did face a defense like ours, OU, and they did not look too high-powered then. Also, Lee made some impressive passes today, and with the REX/Helu combo, anything is possible.

Special team will have to be huge. Texas bring heat on almost every play. Regardless to how they looked there was a ton of speed on the field for both teams. We will slow down the Texas offense but they will score.

Some one talked about a read option Texas A&M ran. We don't have a QB with enough of an arm to make the Texas defense second guess themselves.

Lastly missed tackles with there team speed will result in long runs and touchdowns.

Its the Big 12 championship and anything can happen....aTm beating us in the 90's when we were 3rd, I believe. KSU knocking off Oklahoma in 03. But ..... this year, NU hasn't seen as big, physical and fast a defense as we will see. and the Texas O seems to have gotten much better in the last three weeks as well. aTm put 39 points on them and aTm looked like TT on steroids(not literally) . they had over 500 yards of offense. I don't see that in our future.

like I said, its the Big 12 Chapionship, but I struggle to find where we will out play them on either side of the ball or special teams. I have only seen bits and pieces of Texas this year, but that was my impression of them. I hope I am wrong, I would not like to be embarrased on national TV...my guess is we play with them until half, then watch out when that 3rd quarter slump we seem to fall into sets in.

Its the Big 12 championship and anything can happen....aTm beating us in the 90's when we were 3rd, I believe. KSU knocking off Oklahoma in 03. But ..... this year, NU hasn't seen as big, physical and fast a defense as we will see. and the Texas O seems to have gotten much better in the last three weeks as well. aTm put 39 points on them and aTm looked like TT on steroids(not literally) . they had over 500 yards of offense. I don't see that in our future.

like I said, its the Big 12 Chapionship, but I struggle to find where we will out play them on either side of the ball or special teams. I have only seen bits and pieces of Texas this year, but that was my impression of them. I hope I am wrong, I would not like to be embarrased on national TV...my guess is we play with them until half, then watch out when that 3rd quarter slump we seem to fall into sets in.

ummm it was texas beating us not a&m

my bad, been a long day....

my bad, been a long day....

agree with that..

i like our chances. the o-line is starting to gel and i am becoming more and more impressed with lee. he is a tough guy and i think he will do okay next week. the defense is making big plays when it needs to and, while people will argue that we haven't played an offense like texas, i am quite certain they haven't played a defense like ours. i think bo and the boys will surprise a few people next week.

am with you!! I started drinking my red kool-aid!!! :koolaid2:

am with you!! I started drinking my red kool-aid!!! :koolaid2:

i, too, agree. Lee made some terrific passes, the Rex/Helu combo, and if our o-line shows up, we will be able to score a few times. And UT played one good defense, OU's, and they did not blow it up on them. I think our D is better than OU's and our offense should be able to do similar things as aTm's if the schemes are right. I hope Green develops into a J. Johnson type player.

What needs to happen is Watson needs to stop talking to the media like he can't trust our guys to get things done. I know he literally can't trust them, but going into it with that kind of mentality isn't gonna help them score.

Conservative play isn't gonna win the BIG XII title. It's all or nothing because an awesome bowl game is assured regardless.

Fiesta Bowl or bust!

I'm still hanging in there but with our offense against the best defense we'll face the odds are not good. We can pat ourselves on the back all we want after beating teams struggling to be bowl eligible and those that are not but it will take an incredible effort with no margin for error to beat the Horns. It can be done and this team does have that ability. But they have to play better than what we have seen this year.

There is a lot to get done to win this game.

Few things I will throw out:

Defense: Last few games our D-Line has been letting the QB escape pressure too much. Some of these other QB's we have played may still throw incomplete or gain a few yards...with TX these will turn into big yardage plays because of their personnel. We need to get the QB down on the ground. We must disrupt McCoy in every way possible. And we must not let him escape and take off running for big yards or chuck it and make big yards on busted plays. Take away Shipley and make him throw elsewhere.

Offense: Full team effort. It starts with the line...open up holes for Helu and Rex and we can make it a game. Throw in some new wrinkles in the passing game. Gotta throw for some first downs. We need a WR that wants the ball in this game and can be a factor on offense otherwise TX will crowd us and stop our run. Use the TE. Be smart and don't turn it over or take big losses. Let Henery punt and pin 'em back.

Special teams: We have to make the kicks and punts. Cover their returners or just let their return people never get a ball to return. We need a big special teams play like punt block or return for big yards/TD. If TX wins the special teams we are in deep trouble.

I see the 1st qtr. as being critical and the playcalling there after. There's gonna be a storm to be weathered. Texas will come out rolling, but once we get down 10-0 or 14-0 (if we do that is), it will be critical that Wats doesnt just pull the Callahan section out of the playbook. What i saw today was a true dedication in the second half to what works. A couple of them 80 yard 8 minute drives really could be the deciding factor in this thing, and I really think that when lining up hat to hat and goin straight ahead with the quick hitters (no counters, stretches, or zones) iso's and powers, our o'line can take their front seven. work em and bit then take a shot deep whenever we get a 2nd or 3rd and 1 or 2 to keep em honest. If we put together a lenthy drive or two in the first half, even if it results in a FG or Henery pin, and keeps the D fresh and we're still in it headin to the 4th, who knows.

I see the 1st qtr. as being critical and the playcalling there after. There's gonna be a storm to be weathered. Texas will come out rolling, but once we get down 10-0 or 14-0 (if we do that is), it will be critical that Wats doesnt just pull the Callahan section out of the playbook. What i saw today was a true dedication in the second half to what works. A couple of them 80 yard 8 minute drives really could be the deciding factor in this thing, and I really think that when lining up hat to hat and goin straight ahead with the quick hitters (no counters, stretches, or zones) iso's and powers, our o'line can take their front seven. work em and bit then take a shot deep whenever we get a 2nd or 3rd and 1 or 2 to keep em honest. If we put together a lenthy drive or two in the first half, even if it results in a FG or Henery pin, and keeps the D fresh and we're still in it headin to the 4th, who knows.

i agree, but with that being said, this game will be won with 3rd and short conversions, which makes for a long game to be a fan.