CUs last TD...and Bo's reaction

craigsker

That last TD pissed me off and obviously pissed Bo off too. I think Bo thought it was completely unacceptable that the defense allowed that TD and lit his brother up on the sideline.

Yeah it kind of hacked me off. When that ball was caught and he went in for the score my first thought was "sh#t!", and immediately after I thought "Man, Bo is going to light some folks up for that one". Sure enough the camera changes to Bo just as he is laying into his brother with a WTF was that.

That last TD pissed me off and obviously pissed Bo off too. I think Bo thought it was completely unacceptable that the defense allowed that TD and lit his brother up on the sideline.

My question is why was Hawkins doing that anyway? What did he prove? NOTHING, instead he showed that he is a d-bag that has little to no regard for his player, or ours. There is no lost honor in taking a knee, in fact I would call it losing with dignity. It was impossible to win at that point, and our D had shut down. IMO it shows that Hawkins is reckless, just look at what he did to his son early on in the season, kept him in when you could tell he was hurt. Way to go Dan, you proved your an A-hole....

My question is why was Hawkins doing that anyway? What did he prove? NOTHING, instead he showed that he is a d-bag that has little to no regard for his player, or ours. There is no lost honor in taking a knee, in fact I would call it losing with dignity. It was impossible to win at that point, and our D had shut down. IMO it shows that Hawkins is reckless, just look at what he did to his son early on in the season, kept him in when you could tell he was hurt. Way to go Dan, you proved your an A-hole....

Seriously? Wow. Lame.

Would you ever want your Huskers to just quit or would you want them to fight until the end?

If you think Hawkins is an A-hole for that, don't watch the ending to the 2008 NU-MU game.

Would you ever want your Huskers to just quit or would you want them to fight until the end?

With 38 seconds left there is no shame in taking a knee. Even if it was us. I think once the game was under 40 seconds they should of stopped. I wasn't there but it seemed to me, even the CU players had the same look to them, not knowing why they were still playing. Like I said just my thoughts.

What? You think CU should've taken a knee? Did you have $ on the game?

And all these years I thought it was about winning, trying until the very end, never say die.

NO you just pack it in and never try to score.

It ended their terrible season on a small positive note.

If Nebraska ever just took a knee in that position, a lot of die hard fans would roll over in their graves.

They did exactly what every team in the country would do. If not they have no idea of what playing the game is about.

I'm calling you guys out on this one. Colorado sent a message that they were playing to the end regardless. Pelini was pissed because he expects that from his players also. I would not expect anything less from any team. If there had been a few more seconds left I would have expected an onside kick. I can't stand the Buffs either but I have to :clap their effort today. They played for respect today. And from this Buff hater they got some.

With 38 seconds left there is no shame in taking a knee. Even if it was us. I think once the game was under 40 seconds they should of stopped. I wasn't there but it seemed to me, even the CU players had the same look to them, not knowing why they were still playing. Like I said just my thoughts.

If a Husker coach ever quits on a 2 score game with 40 seconds left, I'm pulling the U Haul up to his home that night. I'll help him pack, and I'll drive it whichever direction he wants, to the other side of the state border.