CUs last TD...and Bo's reaction

craigsker

Another thing it made me feel.

All this time I thought Carl was our DC in name only..Before that moment, I didn't realize Bo actually held his older brother accountable for anything..Although I still kinda wonder why he was blaming Carl for.. :dunno

Maybe a difference in opinion before that play on what coverage to run?

Carl isn't DC in name only. Bo gave Carl a backslap on the interception return for a TD congratulating him on the right defensive play call.

All this time I thought Carl was our DC in name only..Before that moment, I didn't realize Bo actually held his older brother accountable for anything..Although I still kinda wonder why he was blaming Carl for.. :dunno

Carl isn't DC in name only. Bo gave Carl a backslap on the interception return for a TD congratulating him on the right defensive play call.

Word. CP calls the plays, isnt that right?

Word. CP calls the plays, isnt that right?

Carl calls the plays, but as on any team the Head Coach has the final say.

I apply the same standard to Nebraska that I apply to all other programs.

When Nebraska "kept fighting" against USC a few years back, well, it was almost repulsive. The Trojans lead was insurmountable. NU got a few scores so that it would "look better". For those who know anything about football, it doesn't.

The late score by the Buffs meant nothing. And If I was a Buffs fan I would not even acknoledge that the score occured. I would have a major rant going for the OC or the QB coach and whoever coaches the special teams.

When Nebraska "kept fighting" against USC a few years back, well, it was almost repulsive. The Trojans lead was insurmountable. NU got a few scores so that it would "look better". For those who know anything about football, it doesn't.

The late score by the Buffs meant nothing. And If I was a Buffs fan I would not even acknoledge that the score occured. I would have a major rant going for the OC or the QB coach and whoever coaches the special teams.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah particularly the bold section.

I'm going to be willing to bet that canttake had money on the game. Other than that, there was no reason to call names to hawkins. if you're going to be mad, be mad like bo was.. the players gave up on that play.. they didn't play all 60 minutes. That's what they're here to do. play hard for 60 minutes, not 59:52.

I'm going to be willing to bet that canttake had money on the game. Other than that, there was no reason to call names to hawkins. if you're going to be mad, be mad like bo was.. the players gave up on that play.. they didn't play all 60 minutes. That's what they're here to do. play hard for 60 minutes, not 59:52.

i do not think anyone is making excuses for our players, we are just saying that it was unnecessary to go for it, it served no purpose. apparently we have a difference in opinion; that seams to happen.

i do not think anyone is making excuses for our players, we are just saying that it was unnecessary to go for it, it served no purpose. apparently we have a difference in opinion; that seams to happen.

yes a difference of opinions. But why not go for it? What does it hurt? It preaches the right message. you play the whole game. you don't take plays off. I understand the "lose with dignity" thing and all, nothing wrong with taking a knee, and i agree. No shame in taking a knee there. However, i see nothing wrong with Hawkins going for the endzone either. it happens ALL THE TIME. all the time in college, high school, NFL even. It just doesn't usually end up scoring.

If that pass would of ended up incomplete, what would everyone be saying about it? Honestly? Absolutely nothing. The only reason it gets brought up is because it makes the game "look" closer than it actually was.

yes a difference of opinions. But why not go for it? What does it hurt? It preaches the right message. you play the whole game. you don't take plays off. I understand the "lose with dignity" thing and all, nothing wrong with taking a knee, and i agree. No shame in taking a knee there. However, i see nothing wrong with Hawkins going for the endzone either. it happens ALL THE TIME. all the time in college, high school, NFL even. It just doesn't usually end up scoring.

If that pass would of ended up incomplete, what would everyone be saying about it? Honestly? Absolutely nothing. The only reason it gets brought up is because it makes the game "look" closer than it actually was.

i agree completely with you, and it is just a difference of opinion. i say, 'why run the play?' you say, 'why not try and score, that is the point of the game?' i personally feel like it would be quite the empty feeling to succeed with a td, but quickly realize the game has been over. the game is emotional and it must be hard to continue to play when you know it is out of reach. i just think it would be more demoralizing to continue to play until the last seconds when it is the last thing you want to do. however, you are completely right, either way it is futile, but keep playing, because there is more time, more to prove, and more to do.

it is emotion v. logic (and that is not an insult).

the emotional player never wants to give up, that is admirable.

the logical player wants to win and when it is out of hand, it is time to take a shower.

there are other factors, which have been mentioned. this was the last game of the year for CU against their 'rivals'.

i think i have come around and agree with you, but Callahan against USC was despicable. but that was completely different and more about Callahan's ego and concerns about perception.

Well I know one thing. It's made our fans go absurd on these message boards. When it first happened, I was sorta ticked off. But then I realized, who cares.. no wins this year have been pretty, so why shouldnt the end to this regular season be ugly? I hope this doesnt affect Bo in the way he approaches this next week of practice.

We can make this play have a purpose by making a big deal about it. It's over, we won, who cares.

ps- we had late scores against both Mizzou and KU that made the score look more like a blowout than it truly was. so this is our karma

No lip-reading or anything to base this off of, but I figured it was some frustration about the complete and utter lack of holding calls (to be fair, we didn't get any/many either) throughout the game, and missing some on those last few plays ended up costing us 6 points off our victory margin. As Carl is the DC, he gets the brunt of Bo's venting. Their O-line was allowed to tackle our D-line all day long, and shove their hands in Suh's and Crick's faces at will without having to worry about a penalty. Honestly, if they had called holding on Colorado when they should have, this game isn't as close as it was.