CUs last TD...and Bo's reaction

craigsker

and think of this, youre a Colorado player coming back next year, you know your staff is still in place, and you just became only the second team all year to score 20 points on Nebraska's defense, more than Virg. Tech, Mizzouri, Kansas St. even Oklahoma and Kansas. Just a build block for them if anything, cuz hey, they start off-season conditioning monday.

I respect Hawk a lot more for that score..Maybe Tempered a little for not insisting on trying an extra point...

If any coach of mine quit on my team by telling us to take a knee when we were behind...even if it was 70-0, I'd probably never give him 100% again..

It's bad enough when some of them do it just before halftime. <_<

Even if they (maybe) can't win..it gives some yahoo 6-7 overall alltime points to more better compare when he argues with the other team's fans about comparitive scores :dunno .

Another thing it made me feel.

All this time I thought Carl was our DC in name only..Before that moment, I didn't realize Bo actually held his older brother accountable for anything..Although I still kinda wonder why he was blaming Carl for.. :dunno

Maybe a difference in opinion before that play on what coverage to run?

Another thing it made me feel.

All this time I thought Carl was our DC in name only..Before that moment, I didn't realize Bo actually held his older brother accountable for anything..Although I still kinda wonder why he was blaming Carl for.. :dunno

Maybe a difference in opinion before that play on what coverage to run?

sometimes Bo needs to yell as someone else, and with no mirror on the sideline, Carl would have to do.

That last TD pissed me off and obviously pissed Bo off too. I think Bo thought it was completely unacceptable that the defense allowed that TD and lit his brother up on the sideline.

My question is why was Hawkins doing that anyway? What did he prove? NOTHING, instead he showed that he is a d-bag that has little to no regard for his player, or ours. There is no lost honor in taking a knee, in fact I would call it losing with dignity. It was impossible to win at that point, and our D had shut down. IMO it shows that Hawkins is reckless, just look at what he did to his son early on in the season, kept him in when you could tell he was hurt. Way to go Dan, you proved your an A-hole....

didn't know callahan had a account on huskerboard.

C'mon guys.

Losing 20 - 28 looks better than losing 14 - 28.

Which is why Hawkins went for that long ball. Don't try to stick up for the Husker defense for letting that one go. Bo knows it wrong, players knew it was wrong, and every decent Husker fan knew it was wrong to just let him walk in like that. It was a pass that we should have seen coming and defended against, no matter what the score was.

It was still unacceptable, and our defense didn't play the whole game to the end. End of the story.

It was unacceptable that they scored. Bo apparently didn't like the defense we were in. Also, Hagg should be coached to tackle the receiver (interfere) on a play like that. If you don't know where the ball is 15 yards and another play is better than giving up 6. Bo should have been pissed at EH's position coach also.

My apologies to EH, if it was a different player to give up the touch.

That last TD pissed me off and obviously pissed Bo off too. I think Bo thought it was completely unacceptable that the defense allowed that TD and lit his brother up on the sideline.

My question is why was Hawkins doing that anyway? What did he prove? NOTHING, instead he showed that he is a d-bag that has little to no regard for his player, or ours. There is no lost honor in taking a knee, in fact I would call it losing with dignity. It was impossible to win at that point, and our D had shut down. IMO it shows that Hawkins is reckless, just look at what he did to his son early on in the season, kept him in when you could tell he was hurt. Way to go Dan, you proved your an A-hole....

Are you serious?

You fight to the last play, period. Hawkins just proved he wants to win, not take a knee.

Would you expect a Bo Coached team to lay down with time left on the board and just quit?

My 2 cents.

River-Runner

Would you ever want your Huskers to just quit or would you want them to fight until the end?

With 38 seconds left there is no shame in taking a knee. Even if it was us. I think once the game was under 40 seconds they should of stopped. I wasn't there but it seemed to me, even the CU players had the same look to them, not knowing why they were still playing. Like I said just my thoughts.

Last game of the season, last home game, last game - period - for the seniors.

You don't quit. You put it up and hope for the best. Do kids want to think their coach gave up on them the last plays of their last game. Not a good way to motivate people.......

RiverRunner

Would you ever want your Huskers to just quit or would you want them to fight until the end?

With 38 seconds left there is no shame in taking a knee. Even if it was us. I think once the game was under 40 seconds they should of stopped. I wasn't there but it seemed to me, even the CU players had the same look to them, not knowing why they were still playing. Like I said just my thoughts.

Last game of the season, last home game, last game - period - for the seniors.

You don't quit. You put it up and hope for the best. Do kids want to think their coach gave up on them the last plays of their last game. Not a good way to motivate people.......

RiverRunner

the very best happened, a touchdown, and guess what, they still lost by 8.

I don't have anything wrong with Colorado trying til the bitter end. that's what you're suppose to do when you're down, especially only 2 possessions. could score, get the onside, and score to tie it up. anything is possible. and if you think Colorado should knee to end their season you're mistaken. the only thing I found wrong with that play was that our defense had psychologically already hit the showers. 4 quarters, means 4 quarters, every minute, every second of it. and we weren't there for all of them seconds. it was win for Nebraska so I'm happy, not pretty win by any means, but a win none the less. and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that W. 9-3, lets keep truckin. GO BIG RED!!!