CUs last TD...and Bo's reaction

craigsker

I apply the same standard to Nebraska that I apply to all other programs.

When Nebraska "kept fighting" against USC a few years back, well, it was almost repulsive. The Trojans lead was insurmountable. NU got a few scores so that it would "look better". For those who know anything about football, it doesn't.

The late score by the Buffs meant nothing. And If I was a Buffs fan I would not even acknoledge that the score occured. I would have a major rant going for the OC or the QB coach and whoever coaches the special teams.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah particularly the bold section.

So who decides when a lead is insurmountable?

That game was one of the things that surprised me about Callahan..Given the propensity of that team to quit, I almost expected us to "take a knee" in the middle of the third quarter.

I want to say, you two must have never played the game, but I do remember having a team mate like that.

We were behind by two scores at halftime and he kept moaning how we lost the game already and there was no use trying anymore..I almost threw him out of the locker room.

I used to think there's never an excuse to boo your own team..

I stand corrected. <_<

When Nebraska "kept fighting" against USC a few years back, well, it was almost repulsive. The Trojans lead was insurmountable. NU got a few scores so that it would "look better". For those who know anything about football, it doesn't.

The late score by the Buffs meant nothing. And If I was a Buffs fan I would not even acknoledge that the score occured. I would have a major rant going for the OC or the QB coach and whoever coaches the special teams.

That game was one of the things that surprised me about Callahan..Given the propensity of that team to quit, I almost expected us to "take a knee" in the middle of the third quarter.

I want to say, you two must have never played the game, but I do remember having a team mate like that.

We were behind by two scores at halftime and he kept moaning how we lost the game already and there was no use trying anymore..I almost threw him out of the locker room.

I stand corrected. <_<

halftime is a bit different than one play left. also, what surprised you about Callahan, he only cared about his ego and perception, of course he would take advantage of USC playing 3rd stringers in a last ditch effort. he was taking advantage of Carrol's class and trying to get a signature loss, like Weis against USC, which was the best he could do.

and i do not understand your line about booing your own team. i'm not saying to give up, but there comes a point where it is absolutely impossible to win a game.

also, you should read the rest of my posts on this thread instead of picking one line.

oh, and to your original question, the clock decides when a lead is insurmountable. when the clock runs out on the play and your still 8 behind, well there's your answer.

I feel like ever since the KU game, our defense has started to show some inconsistency in certain areas. While the local media chalks it up to fatigue from being on the field so much this year, I can't help but also wonder if its because the other teams have figured us out via film?

The D needs that Pelini fire mentally & physically along with some error free execution. If there was ever a time to match or exceed what we did against OU, next weekend is the time to do it. We have to match McCoy's intensity and then some.

I just hope we have enough left in the tank to do so.

I stand corrected. <_<

halftime is a bit different than one play left. also, what surprised you about Callahan, he only cared about his ego and perception, of course he would take advantage of USC playing 3rd stringers in a last ditch effort. he was taking advantage of Carrol's class and trying to get a signature loss, like Weis against USC, which was the best he could do.

and i do not understand your line about booing your own team. i'm not saying to give up, but there comes a point where it is absolutely impossible to win a game.

also, you should read the rest of my posts on this thread instead of picking one line.

oh, and to your original question, the clock decides when a lead is insurmountable. when the clock runs out on the play and your still 8 behind, well there's your answer.

I expected Callahan to call more vanilla plays, or even have us take a knee with time left.

Normally, He didn't seem to be that interested in winning games..just playing not to lose by too much.

The only instance where I could see myself booing my own team would be if they quit..And taking a knee while you're behind is quitting.

You might look "cooler" by trying to appear like you don't really care about the game and start heading for the shower with less than a minute left on the clock..but what's that old cliche?

(I hate cliches)

"Quitters never Win and Winners never quit"

Like one of my fav. book titles by Tom Osborne..This game is about "More than Winning" or losing..

I don't even remember who won this game, but I'll probably always remember this play where Don Bebee didn't quit chasing Leon Lett after he had an "insurmountable lead"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE1G-Dn7nUs

VE1G-Dn7nUs

Some of you are willing to rag on Hawkins, and now Callahan (always in style to criticize him). How about Pelini? Someone else already pointed out the Missouri game last year, but no one acknowledged that.

Down 52-10, Ganz, Helu, Paul, etc. are moving the ball on Missouri's backups. Ganz throws a 20 yard TD pass on the final play. Let's be consistent here, that make Bo an A-hole like Hawkins and egotistical like Callahan, right?

That last TD pissed me off and obviously pissed Bo off too. I think Bo thought it was completely unacceptable that the defense allowed that TD and lit his brother up on the sideline.

My question is why was Hawkins doing that anyway? What did he prove? NOTHING, instead he showed that he is a d-bag that has little to no regard for his player, or ours. There is no lost honor in taking a knee, in fact I would call it losing with dignity. It was impossible to win at that point, and our D had shut down. IMO it shows that Hawkins is reckless, just look at what he did to his son early on in the season, kept him in when you could tell he was hurt. Way to go Dan, you proved your an A-hole....

You play until the final whistle blows, I actually laughed a little and said, "Well, damnit!" Because the score would've looked better at 28 to 14, but it didn't bother me that Hawkins did what he did. Our defense should've stopped them. This is a completely insane post IMO.

I don't have anything wrong with Colorado trying til the bitter end. that's what you're suppose to do when you're down, especially only 2 possessions. could score, get the onside, and score to tie it up. anything is possible. and if you think Colorado should knee to end their season you're mistaken. the only thing I found wrong with that play was that our defense had psychologically already hit the showers. 4 quarters, means 4 quarters, every minute, every second of it. and we weren't there for all of them seconds. it was win for Nebraska so I'm happy, not pretty win by any means, but a win none the less. and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that W. 9-3, lets keep truckin. GO BIG RED!!!

Actually it wasn't possible. There were 2 seconds left on the clock before that last play, therefore scoring, getting an onside kick, and scoring again was completely impossible

That last TD pissed me off and obviously pissed Bo off too. I think Bo thought it was completely unacceptable that the defense allowed that TD and lit his brother up on the sideline.

My question is why was Hawkins doing that anyway? What did he prove? NOTHING, instead he showed that he is a d-bag that has little to no regard for his player, or ours. There is no lost honor in taking a knee, in fact I would call it losing with dignity. It was impossible to win at that point, and our D had shut down. IMO it shows that Hawkins is reckless, just look at what he did to his son early on in the season, kept him in when you could tell he was hurt. Way to go Dan, you proved your an A-hole....

Seriously? Man you need to get a clue! As much as I don't like Colorado, to keep fighting to the very end is what it's all about. Maybe you should channel some of that rage, and delete your lame comment while your at it, over to the Defense. They're the ones that should take the blame for it. And by the way, maybe you should attend a coaching clinic while you're at it. Amazing!