Did Bo and crew just get out coached?

Twodocs

I would say Hawkins and staff won the coaching battle. Bigtime! Luckily, the final score is all that matters!

What say you?

I am sure that it will be hard to recuit kids to CU with the coach and staff in the final year. I can not believe any AD would not see the problem this will cause for recuiting!

Hawkins big problem was playing his son!

I liked the play calling from CU on offense.

I would say Hawkins and staff won the coaching battle. Bigtime! Luckily, the final score is all that matters!

What say you?

I am sure that it will be hard to recuit kids to CU with the coach and staff in the final year. I can not believe any AD would not see the problem this will cause for recuiting!

First off no one has said that Hawkins will be fired next year, if the team competes and shows significant improvement then he will continue his contract. I think it is a stretch to suggest that Pelini was outcoached, your defense played well and your offense sputtered but came through when it mattered, we continue to make mistakes at crucial times and we have no kicking game at a school where in the last twenty years we have pooped punters.

Bohn should have announced that Hawkins was getting another year earlier. They cancelled a lot of visits by recruits for the Husker game because they didn't know if Hawkins would be retained. At least give the guy a chance. Next years schedule doesn't look very promising for a struggling program. It could get worse.

First of all, I wanna say that Hawkins in my mind is a good coach, put Boise on the map for damn's sake. He's just involved in a bit of a crappy sitch out there. I dont thnk NU was outcoached at all. The first qtr. and half went just as it has all last two months. Defense dominates, off. puts together a short scoring drive, throw in a Paul punt return and we have a relatively quick (quick for our standards this season) 14-0 lead. After that, my honest assessment is that defensively, I really think guys got a little careless in the middle of the field and were maybe thinkin about texas a bit. I also believe that fatique set in a little as well, one less day to prepare that usual, longest road trip since the Baylor game, and the thin air made fatigue a little more of a factor than normal. They did slip at times, but it was still a win, and hey, they can't be lights out EVERY week, but they damn well better next week. :bonez

First of all, I wanna say that Hawkins in my mind is a good coach, put Boise on the map for damn's sake. He's just involved in a bit of a crappy sitch out there. I dont thnk NU was outcoached at all. The first qtr. and half went just as it has all last two months. Defense dominates, off. puts together a short scoring drive, throw in a Paul punt return and we have a relatively quick (quick for our standards this season) 14-0 lead. After that, my honest assessment is that defensively, I really think guys got a little careless in the middle of the field and were maybe thinkin about texas a bit. I also believe that fatique set in a little as well, one less day to prepare that usual, longest road trip since the Baylor game, and the thin air made fatigue a little more of a factor than normal. They did slip at times, but it was still a win, and hey, they can't be lights out EVERY week, but they damn well better next week. :bonez

I somewhat disagree with your first statement and the basis for my argument is here.

What say you?

First off no one has said that Hawkins will be fired next year, if the team competes and shows significant improvement then he will continue his contract. I think it is a stretch to suggest that Pelini was outcoached, your defense played well and your offense sputtered but came through when it mattered, we continue to make mistakes at crucial times and we have no kicking game at a school where in the last twenty years we have pooped punters.

http://www.cubuffs.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=2010

Looking at next year's schedule...CU may only win 4-5 games max. Hawkins will unfortunately be fired.

The score could have easily stayed 28-14 before Colorado went for the last ditch Hail Mary pass with nothing to lose. That TD when they didn't go for the extra point to make it 28-21 or go for 2 to make it 28-22 was a moral score like when Callahan went for a field goal in the last play against Oklahoma that time. The only people who were probably freaking out the most were the ones who bet on a line of 10 or higher spread in the game and thought Nebraska covered, only to see the TD and just a 8 point spread and thought, "We're gonna lose the house". Colorado was the one with nothing to lose. The yardage is misleading too, because a lot of times, Nebraska started with a short field. They had 400+ yards and only 20 points. That's a win no matter how ugly I'll take.