Dear Nebraska,

Zammers

Dear Nebraska,

On August 25, 2001 I made my way up to Lincoln for the TCU vs. Nebraska game. What a day that was. TCU put up a helluva fight in a losing effort (21-7). I also got to see Eric Crouch play which was an amazing experience. Little did the Nebraska faithful know at the time, but TCU held the key to the Huskers play in the 2001 National Championship. TCU beat Southern Miss on December 7, 2001 to boost Nebraska's strength of schedule and hop Oregon to play Miami in the national championship. A gift we were happy to give.

Almost 8 years to the day.........Nebraska can repay that debt owed to TCU. With a NU win on Saturday TCU has the chance (who knows what those BCS'ers have up their sleeve) to play in the national championship game. Funny how this game is being played right here in Arlington only 15 minutes from TCU. I guarantee purple shirts are traded in for RED ones this Saturday at the game.

Good luck this weekend and PUNCH THEM IN THE MOUTH!!!!! We got your back down here in DFW!

Give em Hell,

Zammers

Dear Nebraska,

On August 25, 2001 I made my way up to Lincoln for the TCU vs. Nebraska game. What a day that was. TCU put up a helluva fight in a losing effort (21-7). I also got to see Eric Crouch play which was an amazing experience. Little did the Nebraska faithful know at the time, but TCU held the key to the Huskers play in the 2001 National Championship. TCU beat Southern Miss on December 7, 2001 to boost Nebraska's strength of schedule and hop Oregon to play Miami in the national championship. A gift we were happy to give.

Almost 8 years to the day.........Nebraska can repay that debt owed to TCU. With a NU win on Saturday TCU has the chance (who knows what those BCS'ers have up their sleeve) to play in the national championship game. Funny how this game is being played right here in Arlington only 15 minutes from TCU. I guarantee purple shirts are traded in for RED ones this Saturday at the game.

Good luck this weekend and PUNCH THEM IN THE MOUTH!!!!! We got your back down here in DFW!

Give em Hell,

Zammers

Ha, let's see how many TCU fans start a thread this week. What is this? #3?

I've siad it before and I'll say it again. The computers have Cincinnati ranked #3 and they belong to a AQ BCS conference. If UT loses, Cinci will be in the NC game. Your only hope is if cinci loses as well this weekend.

not unlikely that cincinnati will lose this week on the road vs pittsburgh. the way a 3-win illinois team moved up and down the field on them makes me think cincy is a paper-bearcat and has benefited greatly from a soft conference.

Dear Nebraska,

Give em Hell,

Zammers

where'd you get the name Zammers?!

Ah memories. That was so crazy. Watching Cu beat texass(poor mack should've been playing major....) then seeing LSU beat florida....then hearing all the whining and moaning from the 2 loss colorado team....then getting our butts handed too us by those cheating hurricanes....(yes cheating the way their reciever grabbed our cornerback at the snap by his collar and jerked him down to speed by him....even the announcers talked about it)....(they didn't need to cheat)....what was this thread about?

Funny, I thought Florida, VT and Texas losing their conference title games put NU in the title game. Didn't realize that TCU was such an important cog in that...

Well Colorado won the Big 12 but had 2 losses. So the computers left it up to 1 loss Nebraska and 1 loss Oregon. The difference in the end was TCU adding to strength of schedule and putting Nebraska ahead of Oregon in the computers by a sliver.

Your welcome!

Funny, I thought Florida, VT and Texas losing their conference title games put NU in the title game. Didn't realize that TCU was such an important cog in that...

Well Colorado won the Big 12 but had 2 losses. So the computers left it up to 1 loss Nebraska and 1 loss Oregon. The difference in the end was TCU adding to strength of schedule and putting Nebraska ahead of Oregon in the computers by a sliver.

Your welcome!

i remember watching the TCU/So. Miss game and rooting for So. Miss, not realizing the consequences, because i lived in So. Miss for awhile. i've enjoyed seeing TCU's success lately. they deserve a chance to prove themselves.