From the Omaha World herald

Ringer02

Uh missouri did in 97. Difference was it was the right call. So anyway Texass fans are mostly pompous jerks and mack brown makes me sick with all his whining and moaning about things. Bottom line you beat texas tech last year and you don't have to moan.

And again. He said it in the tunnel in the heat of the moment. I give him some leash to do that. I didn't go nuts on cally for the hillbillies comment even though I despised the man.

id be pissed off too!!!!

i have watched that play on my dvr 10+ times as well as in super slow motion on my computer and i can tell you that the play clock was at 0 when the ball hit. thats as simple as it is.

This goes back to the clock issue on the tv. What clock was that ABC used in the replays, cuz if you watch the replay of the actual live action, the clock is at 0 when the ballhits the ground, then on the replay, that goofy clock they were showin, one of which i have never seen, is at one, and notice on that how the play clock is NOT running either. Call me a nutty bar or whatever, but i just believe there is more to this. Am i off my rocker, cuz i've watched over and over again too.

id be pissed off too!!!!

i have watched that play on my dvr 10+ times as well as in super slow motion on my computer and i can tell you that the play clock was at 0 when the ball hit. thats as simple as it is.

This goes back to the clock issue on the tv. What clock was that ABC used in the replays, cuz if you watch the replay of the actual live action, the clock is at 0 when the ballhits the ground, then on the replay, that goofy clock they were showin, one of which i have never seen, is at one, and notice on that how the play clock is NOT running either. Call me a nutty bar or whatever, but i just believe there is more to this. Am i off my rocker, cuz i've watched over and over again too.

Joel Klatt of Fox Sports said the game clock was at zero when the ball fell at his feet on the sidelines and Corby Jones said the same

I actually dont believe in any conspiracy stuff.

If it really were a conspiracy, I think they could have done a better job by NOT giving Gomes the INT

But that was too obvious a play on that int. I'm not barking about full blown, premeditated conspiracy, but dont anyone think it's possible at that very moment they thought they could squeeze on more second out of it, just to give em "a chance" . You know what's a real shame, that we didnt block that kick, so see what kind of penalty woulda been called. Now think about this, and i mean THINK about it, as close as it was, would they, in your heart, had put that second on if the situation been reversed and it was Nebraska trying to get a field goal, and running a play like that almost running out of time. I say NO.

Thanks DC. I bet this makes us look bad. :(

Who cares? It was in the heat of the moment. I'm so sick of all this BS about how worried people are about the teams' and fans' "image", I'm about to lose it.

Some people need to grow a pair & learn to deal with it.

EXACTLY, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND DONT BE SO DAMN PASSIVE ALL THE TIME, THAT'S WHAT CALLAHAN WAS. I guarantee one thing after all this, the players, as if they wouldnt already, will do anything for this group of coaches. And Bo is truly concerned about the mental well-being of his players after this, He told Sharp last night, he didnt even care about the bowl game, there was plenty of time for that, he was just worried about his guys right now.

Thanks DC. I bet this makes us look bad. :(

Who cares? It was in the heat of the moment. I'm so sick of all this BS about how worried people are about the teams' and fans' "image", I'm about to lose it.

Some people need to grow a pair & learn to deal with it.

As a woman, I'll pass on the growing "a pair" part. Thanks.

Also, I'm not dumping on the Pelini bros. and company. I didn't even read the article. I just thought that a national website carrying an article that had a title about a tantrum might make people think less of Nebraska. Especially if that title is taken out of context. And you know what, I do care what people think about my program. It's a source of pride and I don't want people saying anything negative about it. Now, go back and grow your own pair :thumbs

How scarey do you think Bo as when he was yelling at bebe I'm suprised bebe wasn't curled up in the fetal postion praying for bo's wrath to end

This just makes me laugh cuz i can picture it so clear in my head. :)

Bo preparing to bash in Bebee's face with one of them size 12 vessels in his neck.

I'm the type who just doesnt care what other people think, you say what you feel in you honest words. You also stand up for WHAT YOU BELIEVE, and that's what these guys are doing. If a few people develop a negative opinion about us so be it, but after what they saw, i doubt that will happen if they have any common sense whatsoever, and if they dotn, theyre thoughts about our program dont matter whatsoever anyway. That's how i live my life, that's who i am, i aint changin, if you dont like it, well too bad, you aint worth likin either then. That attitude has gained me freinds and lost me freinds, but the ones i have are well worth the lost ones. This deal with Carl and Bo will win them far more respect than dis- simply for standing up for what they beleive and not just walking away with an "oh well". IT WILL BRING OUT THE BEST.

Nothing to lead into it, when we all calm down tommorrow-for i already have and have reviewed the facts of the game-The Brothers and everyone else will understand. It is very frustrating. I think what was happening is Carl and Bo orchestrating considering the adversity, opponent, and lack of own offense, the greatest defensive performance in the history of College Football, and still not winning. They wanted to take it out on somethin. Most of all, and i think we all agree on this, it was more than the 1 second. Some things happened during the game that just make me wonder. I just wonder. I am by no means a conspiracy guy, but dont you ever just think what if.

I will not say that you are dead wrong, but I do not agree with your opinion. I do feel exactly like Don Borst from Foxsports. He wrote about it better than I could explain in words. (See Below) Also, did you see Colt's on the feild interview. He said there 18 seconds left when they snapped it. There was infact only 8 seconds left..... 18 seconds was on the play clock. He didn't even know what he was doing or talking about.

Do you believe that the Big 12 wanted to give up the National Title game again for what would have been either the 4th or 5th time just because the heavily favored team couldn't win the title game? It maybe because I am biased.... but I believe, as does Don from Foxsports, that the Big12 wanted, if not even needed, for Texas to win this game. Conspiracy? Don't know that I would go that far, but it smells and won't look good outside of Texas if people are truthful with themselves!!!!

Don Borst from Foxsports.com

The voters should do what the Big 12 game officials didn't have the guts to do.

That is, put Texas Christian (or Cincinnati, for that matter) into the BCS national championship game.

It's too bad it won't happen. The referees have an excuse: They work for the Big 12 Conference, which desperately needed Texas to avoid an upset by Nebraska.

The voters have no excuse. They still get to choose among undefeated teams to put in the national championship game against Alabama. But chances are, they will choose Texas.

Four times over the years, the Big 12 has screwed itself out of the national title game with a huge upset in the conference championship game. They weren't going to allow that to happen again, no matter how dominant Ndamukong Suh was for Nebraska.

Look, I don't hate the Longhorns. And I don't root for TCU, or Cincinnati ... or Nebraska. I don't hate the BCS, and I don't necessarily even crave a playoff tournament.

But that ending of the Big 12 championship game was just wrong.

Here's exactly what happened: There were 24 incomplete passes in the Texas-Nebraska game. On every one of them — every single one (I know, I went back and checked in slow motion) — the game clock ticked off that second, and sometimes another. That's how it always works in this and every other game: There's a bit of a human element (the eye sending the message to the brain, the brain relaying it to the finger on the clock button, the electronic impulses prompting the clock to stop).

And so, when Colt McCoy inexplicably decided to run a play with six seconds remaining instead of calling timeout or, well, showing any sense of urgency, he rolled out and threw the ball away, way out of bounds, as the clock ticked down to 0:00.

Nebraska rushed the field, Bo Pellini's team seemingly in possession of a sensational 12-10 triumph.

But since Texas coach Mack Brown wanted a second placed back on the clock, and because the Big 12 wanted to have a second placed back on the clock, and because all of the six major BCS conferences HAD TO HAVE a second placed back on the clock, and because the referees figured they might never have a chance to work for the league ever again if they do this wrong ... that's how it went.

So, unlike every other similar play in the game, the officials overruled the clock and put 0:01 back up on the scoreboard, and Texas ran the field goal team out there and Hunter Lawrence kicked it through.

So, since the refs felt the need to overrule the clock, the voters can always overrule the game officials. It ain't right: Texas has no business being in the title game.