Watson ####canned...

I dont think Watson is the total probem and getting rid of him may not solve what ails the offense. He is in a tough spot. But we did drop many passes, and 3 false starts inside the 10 isnt his fault.

Its half his fault. Way 2many formations,when you have lots of formations ur bound 2 have false starts give lee better OLINE and sum1 2 coach the option ,And I really mean some1 to coach him and I bet he will shine.Dude can run I knoe that much

We have no QB, and that's not Watson's fault.

:yeah

Watson has left me scratching my head at times and I do wish he would use more play action passes...but I believe there are other issues with our offense. For me...I believe our line is way to inconsistent and our lack of a QB are the largest issues. You can't argue with what his offense did last year so...is this really a coaching problem? I believe someone else already stated this...if we had last years O with this years D, we would be in a BCS bowl.

Mangino is a HEAD COACH... he is not going to take an ASSISTANT COACHING job. Even if he did - we could not afford to feed him.

That's funny right there!! Hell with the hot water he is in(and not the stuff he boils his daily required 300 lbs of pasta in!) I think he would take any job in coaching at this point but do we really want a coach with a questionable background like that? Hell maybe we could get Weis in here!! I hear ol' Charlie needs a job!! LOL

<_< Does anyone remember Saban wanted Watson as Bama's OC ?!?! Im not going to argue , there is No offense , But give the guy a break . Watson has young talent . However something needs to be done internally , Something to get these guys moving in the right direction. I DONT , however think its Watson that needs to go.

<_< Does anyone remember Saban wanted Watson as Bama's OC ?!?! Im not going to argue , there is No offense , But give the guy a break . Watson has young talent . However something needs to be done internally , Something to get these guys moving in the right direction. I DONT , however think its Watson that needs to go.

1. I don't care who wanted Watson. I have a feeling the key there is the past tense: wanted. And if they still do by some miracle want him, I'd be glad to oblige. His name is stamped on one of the worst offenses is recent history. Seriously, think about that. Even the announcers during the game laugh. Even they don't know what to make of the abysmal sight in front of them - and these people see a ton of games all over every conference.

2. Watson doesn't just have "young talent." As has been addressed on quite a few threads, Lee has been in the system since 2007. Niles Paul is a junior and there were a couple senior receivers, you might remember they got demoted to the practice squad because Wats couldn't apparently do anything with them. McNeill, probably someone that should have been the strength of the receiving crew had he been given ANY chances, played in the offense last year. Helu is a junion, not an underclassman. There wasn't just a bunch of freshman out there all season: these were kids that Watson had the opportunity to work with. Talent wasted I believe.

1. I don't care who wanted Watson. I have a feeling the key there is the past tense: wanted. And if they still do by some miracle want him, I'd be glad to oblige. His name is stamped on one of the worst offenses is recent history. Seriously, think about that. Even the announcers during the game laugh. Even they don't know what to make of the abysmal sight in front of them - and these people see a ton of games all over every conference.

2. Watson doesn't just have "young talent." As has been addressed on quite a few threads, Lee has been in the system since 2007. Niles Paul is a junior and there were a couple senior receivers, you might remember they got demoted to the practice squad because Wats couldn't apparently do anything with them. McNeill, probably someone that should have been the strength of the receiving crew had he been given ANY chances, played in the offense last year. Helu is a junion, not an underclassman. There wasn't just a bunch of freshman out there all season: these were kids that Watson had the opportunity to work with. Talent wasted I believe.

Holy crap :yeah . Our offensive line are mostly upperclassmen, our WR's that started the year were upperclassmen, our QB is a junior with plenty of time in the system, our TE's that got most of the playing time were upperclassmen.

Now they might not have a lot of game experience is the only thing. All around the league you see coaches show up at a program and turn it all around. In college it is coaching and developing your players. Personally I think Watson got lucky with Ganz, Swift, Peterson, Murtha, and Slauson...if it takes fifth year seniors to make your offense run then there is a problem.

Watson should stay though, Bo needs to tell him EXACTLY what he wants to be running and what he wants accomplished. I think that is the best way to go, but I will say Watson has no imagination with the playcalling. I never see anything being setup except for the option pass which wasn't even really his idea.

Establish an identity and work towards it...that's what should happen, forget firing Watson and just so you guys know I am not for his sissy little spread offense at all so I am not defending him. I just think it is smart to keep him on but on a shorter leash is all for at least one more year.

I dont think Watson is the total probem and getting rid of him may not solve what ails the offense. He is in a tough spot. But we did drop many passes, and 3 false starts inside the 10 isnt his fault.

I agree with you, simply because everything seems to be a problem.

The line can't block consistently, WR's drop passes, stupid mistakes (like false starts), and QB's who are apparently uncomfortable in what they are doing.

Here's the interesting thing though. Cosgrove got fired because his defense was ranked below 100. Watson's offense isn't ranked in the top 80 in any category if I'm not mistaken. I know these are two different sides of the ball, but Cosgrove got fired in 2007 after he had a defense that led the nation in sacks in 2006. Some people want Wats fired after he had a top 25 offense, and now his offense is performing almost as badly as Cosgrove's defense was.

Even though both of these coaches had good resumes before Nebraska, both have had major disappointments while here.

If my memory is right, I kept hearing about how strong our O line was in the fall (pre-season). Boasts about "pounding the ball". I don't buy the excuse about injuries -- J. Burkes was lost for the year and Hickman was dinged up a lot.

But 2008 saw Murta missing time and Christensen lost for most of the year and the O line was respectable! Remember, they were respectable during the last year of Callahan.

The defense has gotten better because the coaches HAVE TAUGHT THE PLAYERS. Suh credits the coaches with his dramatic improvement from Soph to Jr to Sr. True, he had talent, but the coaches brought it out. I don't think Jared Crick was a highly recruited DT, but he looks like an up-and-coming All-Big XII player. The same could be said about our D backs.

That has NOT happened on the offense, especially the O line. No one seems to get any better.

I'm confident that Bo and Tom will make the right decisions.

Did he do a better job than Greg Davis did for the Horns? There is a large contingent of texas fans that want to roast Davis' nuts over an open fire. Been that way for many years (going back to his fetal position play calling against OU early in Mack's tenure at UT).

I just find it interesting to see the parallels between Nebraska and Texas from last night. Texas D is legit folks (just like Nebraska's). Our run D stuffed your O's strength. Zach Lee had difficulty executing on pass plays because of pressure. Texas may not have ended up with gaudy #s for sacks, but the D line was harassing Zach all the same.

JMO, but you guys are getting very close to turning the corner.

What does this one game have to do with all the rest that the offense failed to do much of anything in? Good grief the watson talk has been ongoing. You act like we're disrespecting the texass defense. We averaged around 280 yards offense per game in big 12 play. Unacceptable.

Did he do a better job than Greg Davis did for the Horns? There is a large contingent of texas fans that want to roast Davis' nuts over an open fire. Been that way for many years (going back to his fetal position play calling against OU early in Mack's tenure at UT).

I just find it interesting to see the parallels between Nebraska and Texas from last night. Texas D is legit folks (just like Nebraska's). Our run D stuffed your O's strength. Zach Lee had difficulty executing on pass plays because of pressure. Texas may not have ended up with gaudy #s for sacks, but the D line was harassing Zach all the same.

JMO, but you guys are getting very close to turning the corner.

What does this one game have to do with all the rest that the offense failed to do much of anything in? Good grief the watson talk has been ongoing. You act like we're disrespecting the texass defense. We averaged around 280 yards offense per game in big 12 play. Unacceptable.

Mr Watson is likely skating thin ice! Thin Bo ice! :o His OC duties may be severly limited if our offense does another 160ish-190 yard fiasco filled with a few untimely turnovers in the holiday bowl.

Playing not to lose~ is just not playing .

Our "D" may be able to win the game by itself! That may be another tall order in itself

We need our offense to make some serious contributions for us to win!