Just how dominant was Suh last night?

Nexus

I think having your top two QB potentials both melt down on the biggest stage, it leaves you with two good but fairly inconsistent running backs who didn't garner the major hype, and a lone shot at a defensive lineman ever winning the big trophy in this sport. I hope every voter realizes that if they pass up this shot, you will NEVER see it again.

QFT

Im wasting away a sunday running thru the web about all this Heisman stuff,and is it possible we will witness history, Is it actually going to happen. Seriously, ive been reading ALOT of national media writings today, and I mean everyone has jumped on the Suh train. Is it really gonna happen by chance?

He really didtn do anything we havent seen all year, but this time it was on a national stage, against the best of the best, when everyone essentially had nothing else to watch, you imagine all the dropped jaws from voters who heard and read about Suh, but never actually "saw" him, watching him completely dominate a game like that.

I am really starting to wonder this too. I thinks he deserves the chance and all, but I didn't think that all these reporters would be jumping on the band wagon!! This is SWEET!!!

I also remember the play where Suh was getting double teamed and held and still got a hold of McCoy. Absolutely a Beast!! :bonez

And in saying all this, we really dont want to take away anything from the rest of the Defense, but Suh is the anchor, and his demeanor and the rest of the guys' demeanor, the way the come off the field after a stop, just an attitude of "this is what we do, it's just how it is" business as usual type of attitude, not much jumping around, just give's me chills. Every play Suh made last night, just gets up and heads back to the line and do it again, maybe some slight coaching of teammates involved. WHAT A LEADER, WHAT A PLAYER.

I dont think Suh makes it on the plane to NY. The man is a beast and i wold love to witness history being made. I am guessing a qb with a vote, probably (consistently)isn't going to want to vote for a defensive lineman. The Hiesman has more to do about what player (qb, rb, wr) is playing in a top bowl for a top 10 finish. It adds to the mystique of the better bowl games .I would say McCoy is the winner because of his overall contribution to Texas football the last 4 years, not necessarily great numbers this year.

I think the best thing for Suh would be to get a lot of buzz, then not get it, or an invite even, but get #2 or #3 votes, and not get drafted 1st overall. And then carry that as a chip on his shoulder all the way through the rest of his career.

I agree. The best thing for him would be for him to pour his soul into something and not get the recognition he deserves.

I take it when your wife cheated on you it turned your life around and you started climbing mountains and sh#t?

I could have sworn that I saw Suh driving in an SUV next to on my way home from the game. I went to sleep and had a dream that Suh was chasing me. I woke up in a cold sweat and took a cold shower, rocking back in forth in the corner. I dried off, looked in the mirror and Suh was right behind me.

The ONLY reason that I am posting right now is because I gave him my right arm to gnaw on. It took me over an hour to post this with my left hand with my 2 good fingers. And I am thankful.

I could have sworn that I saw Suh driving in an SUV next to on my way home from the game. I went to sleep and had a dream that Suh was chasing me. I woke up in a cold sweat and took a cold shower, rocking back in forth in the corner. I dried off, looked in the mirror and Suh was right behind me.

The ONLY reason that I am posting right now is because I gave him my right arm to gnaw on. It took me over an hour to post this with my left hand with my 2 good fingers. And I am thankful.

He let you off easy. :)

I think the best thing for Suh would be to get a lot of buzz, then not get it, or an invite even, but get #2 or #3 votes, and not get drafted 1st overall. And then carry that as a chip on his shoulder all the way through the rest of his career.

I agree. The best thing for him would be for him to pour his soul into something and not get the recognition he deserves.

I take it when your wife cheated on you it turned your life around and you started climbing mountains and sh#t?

All I'm saying is there's a lot more to his career. Sure he's done some good things now, but how many #1 picks and Heisman winners do you see fizzle out from the hype. Suh had a lot of hype earlier in the year, interviews and stuff, and disappeared for a couple of games.

People need to be hungry...Suh will get plenty, plenty of recognition. Hypseman will do more harm than good, IMO. As a Husker fan, I would love to see it...although I'd much rather see him become one of the best DTs the NFL has ever seen, too.

And yes, I started climbing mountains. And sh#t.