Can all of the UT fans please stop coming on here and giving us sympathy?

also, aren't the people complaining about people complaining just as bad as the people complaining.

Aren't the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining just as bad? Blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm not complaining, I am highly amused by the stupidity of this thread and commented on his thread IN HIS THREAD instead of making a new thread about the thread I don't like. Not hard to understand.

also, aren't the people complaining about people complaining just as bad as the people complaining.

Aren't the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining just as bad? Blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm not complaining, I am highly amused by the stupidity of this thread and commented on his thread IN HIS THREAD instead of making a new thread about the thread I don't like. Not hard to understand.

i, too, am not complaining about people complaining or about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining, i enjoy it, it is the only reason to come onto this board.

that was more of a rhetorical question.

For years we have been accused of being condescending and patronizing after victories. I think this shows that maybe the best course is to just stfu in the immediate aftermath of a game to our opponents. But when others give their "attaboys, you'll get em next time" krap, remember we could possibly be the former world champs at that sort of nonsense, we should bite our tongue and take it as though they meant it sincerely. Then next year hope we pound the h*LL out of em. If so I think we might have learned something--if you really are a good sport, stfu and stay on your own site.

No, it's classy.

When Husker fans applaud teams we've just crushed as they leave the stadium, we say that is because we are the classiest fans in football.

When we're on the other end of the stick, it's patronizing and condescending?

Works both ways there.

it one thing to cheer, but we do not need sympathy.

by the way, your 'works both ways there' was extremely condescending and patronizing.

Yea I'm sure K-state loved getting applauded as they left the field when we kicked the crap out of them last year. Unbelievable.

Go away for god's sake, I don't want to read your garbage.

Enjoy the gift, you guys didn't earn anything...see you next year.

Ok fine...

You're lucky to have even played on the same field as Texas. The only reason you were that close is because Texas shot themselves in the foot. Your offense sucks and your defense is overrated.

There, feel better now? Grow a pair...

Oh really? The only reason you won is because WE shot ourselves in the foot and gave you a free drive down to field goal range. Our defense is possibly the best in the COUNTRY. Unfortunately for the Big 12, your team is going to embarrass us on the national stage....You won't even keep it close against Alabama. Come back here and cry to us after you lose.

:nutz

I think you missed the sarcasm.

I honestly don't know why Husker fans are getting all worked up over classy Texas fans coming on here and congratulating us for a hard effort and a tight game.

Do you guys even believe in the things you say?

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road

And cheer as the winners go by..

To all the UT fans that have come by, I think (most) of us will offer equal congratulations and wish you the best against 'Bama.

And I find it funny that some Husker fans wish that we will yet "win" this game by some official Big 12 ruling days after the game.

You're right, I missed the sarcasm, my bad. And I do wish UT the best against 'Bama. I'd rather not have the Big 12 embarrassed because that in turn affects my team and its strength of schedule. If Texas can pull it out against the Roll Tide, I'll give them a huge handshake. I just don't think they have a good shot after the way we manhandled them and the way that Alabama mandhandled Florida.

I don't wish that that the Big 12 gives us the win against Texas. I think Texas deserved to win that game because they stopped our offense effectively. Still, I think we showed that we could play with them for 59 minutes and 59 seconds.

After all of that, I'll just say GO HUSKERS.

Go away for god's sake, I don't want to read your garbage.

Enjoy the gift, you guys didn't earn anything...see you next year.

Ok fine...

You're lucky to have even played on the same field as Texas. The only reason you were that close is because Texas shot themselves in the foot. Your offense sucks and your defense is overrated.

There, feel better now? Grow a pair...

Oh really? The only reason you won is because WE shot ourselves in the foot and gave you a free drive down to field goal range. Our defense is possibly the best in the COUNTRY. Unfortunately for the Big 12, your team is going to embarrass us on the national stage....You won't even keep it close against Alabama. Come back here and cry to us after you lose.

:nutz

I think you missed the sarcasm.

I honestly don't know why Husker fans are getting all worked up over classy Texas fans coming on here and congratulating us for a hard effort and a tight game.

Do you guys even believe in the things you say?

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road

And cheer as the winners go by..

To all the UT fans that have come by, I think (most) of us will offer equal congratulations and wish you the best against 'Bama.

And I find it funny that some Husker fans wish that we will yet "win" this game by some official Big 12 ruling days after the game.

You're right, I missed the sarcasm, my bad. And I do wish UT the best against 'Bama. I'd rather not have the Big 12 embarrassed because that in turn affects my team and its strength of schedule. If Texas can pull it out against the Roll Tide, I'll give them a huge handshake. I just don't think they have a good shot after the way we manhandled them and the way that Alabama mandhandled Florida.

I don't wish that that the Big 12 gives us the win against Texas. I think Texas deserved to win that game because they stopped our offense effectively. Still, I think we showed that we could play with them for 59 minutes and 59 seconds.

After all of that, I'll just say GO HUSKERS.

I almost gave you a *woosh* earlier but instead I gave you the benefit of the doubt :P.

I guess that is where my confusion lies. Personally, I thought that we would absolutely roll Nebraska. I thought that Suh would be quiet for the most part and Colt would be padding his Heisman stats in the 4th quarter. It was anything but that. Someone forgot to tell your team that they didn't belong on that field last night. I left the game impressed as hell of both your fans and the effort that your defense showed. (I'm classy, but I can't say that I was impressed with your offense) As I said last night, if these were 2 SEC teams we would have heard about what a classic defensive chess game we witnessed. Now it's "Texas almost lost to a mediocre team and doesn't belong in the MNC game." It's insulting to both our teams, who bashed the hell out of each other for 60 minutes. (Well, 59:59 at least...or 60:01 depending on which side of the game you were on)

What is it that you want Texas fans to say?

Did the refs screw up crucial calls? Yes. I think that the kickoff ruled down at the 1 yard line was horse crap and the Huskers around me agreed that they got away with one. You think that the PI call was phantom and I agree with you.

Do you want an apology? Would you like me to write my congressman on how Texas got favorable calls down the stretch? Should I feel bad or sorry that the game worked out in our favor? Perhaps we should ignore the kick off out of bounds and the horsecollar that helped put us into FG range. As a Texas fan, should I feel ashamed that Nebraska allowed us good field position by mental errors?

I've been to several NU games over the years and the philosophy has changed dramatically. I remember being in Lincoln and having your fans clap and chant "Heisman" when Ricky trotted off the field. It's easy to be classy when you are the top dog. However, now that the rolls have reversed, Texas fans are smug, arrogant and condescending. I came here because I respect your program and recognize the fact that we live our lives around 18-22 year old kids playing a game.

I know that this is the internet, but I'd tap the breaks on touting the classiest fanbase title. It's a little bit like ND still getting the national respect that they do because of what they used to be...and that's a shame. You don't have my sympathy, you have my respect.

Good luck in your bowl.

I guess that is where my confusion lies. Personally, I thought that we would absolutely roll Nebraska. I thought that Suh would be quiet for the most part and Colt would be padding his Heisman stats in the 4th quarter. It was anything but that. Someone forgot to tell your team that they didn't belong on that field last night. I left the game impressed as hell of both your fans and the effort that your defense showed. (I'm classy, but I can't say that I was impressed with your offense) As I said last night, if these were 2 SEC teams we would have heard about what a classic defensive chess game we witnessed. Now it's "Texas almost lost to a mediocre team and doesn't belong in the MNC game." It's insulting to both our teams, who bashed the hell out of each other for 60 minutes. (Well, 59:59 at least...or 60:01 depending on which side of the game you were on)

What is it that you want Texas fans to say?

Did the refs screw up crucial calls? Yes. I think that the kickoff ruled down at the 1 yard line was horse crap and the Huskers around me agreed that they got away with one. You think that the PI call was phantom and I agree with you.

Do you want an apology? Would you like me to write my congressman on how Texas got favorable calls down the stretch? Should I feel bad or sorry that the game worked out in our favor? Perhaps we should ignore the kick off out of bounds and the horsecollar that helped put us into FG range. As a Texas fan, should I feel ashamed that Nebraska allowed us good field position by mental errors?

I've been to several NU games over the years and the philosophy has changed dramatically. I remember being in Lincoln and having your fans clap and chant "Heisman" when Ricky trotted off the field. It's easy to be classy when you are the top dog. However, now that the rolls have reversed, Texas fans are smug, arrogant and condescending. I came here because I respect your program and recognize the fact that we live our lives around 18-22 year old kids playing a game.

I know that this is the internet, but I'd tap the breaks on touting the classiest fanbase title. It's a little bit like ND still getting the national respect that they do because of what they used to be...and that's a shame. You don't have my sympathy, you have my respect.

Good luck in your bowl.

Thanks, Spanky. Very kind of you to stick around and offer your take on this. Rest assured that most Nebraska fans are the same as those who clapped for Ricky back in the day. There are a lot of raw emotions right now, and this ridiculous hubris over Texas that probably will never go away. People are, understandably, upset after losing a close game. The air will clear here in a while.

Don't be a stranger next October. We'll be sure to have a nice welcome for your lads when they visit Lincoln, and you can be sure that when your players leave the field, win or lose, they'll be given a standing ovation. There are enough of us who remember what good sportsmanship is like that we'll drown out the fools.

WOW. When did Nebraska fans turn into aggys?

I'm almost speechless from what I've seen and heard from NU fans. I just showed this thread to my friend (NU grad) and he is embarrased.

I'm sorry that I enjoyed watching your defense play. Would you rather get blown out and not have our respect? Its nice of your fan base to be so ugly, nice to throw a few things onto the field, nice to flip off and boo Mack and our fans as he gave you congrats (like EVERY coach does after winning any type of championship). I guess losing really does bring out the worst in people. This fanbase has changed drastically in this decade.

Didn't earn anything??? Child please.

We'll be rooting for you in the bowl game. Sorry you can't do the same.

Hook'em

No, it's classy.

When Husker fans applaud teams we've just crushed as they leave the stadium, we say that is because we are the classiest fans in football.

When we're on the other end of the stick, it's patronizing and condescending?

Works both ways there.

it one thing to cheer, but we do not need sympathy.

by the way, your 'works both ways there' was extremely condescending and patronizing.

Yea I'm sure K-state loved getting applauded as they left the field when we kicked the crap out of them last year. Unbelievable.

you are right. i do not think i expressed myself well enough. i do not want sympathy or condolences, but it is nice for the opposing team to offer respect.

i was as embarrassed as anyone about this board last night, but this board is not representative of the fanbase as a whole (at least i hope not). UT won, and deserved to win. and it is unfair to the teams and fans to blame anything or anyone else for the win, other than the players. UT outplayed us last night and got out with a narrow victory. it was a good game, i will even watch it again, which i never do when we lose. i am proud of our effort and that we gave a good UT team with a great offense a run for their Championship hopes.

by the way, the 'unbelievable' line was extremely condescending and patronizing.

All this demonstrates is that fans of whatever school they root for really are not much different from one another, we all have our asshats and punks and then we all have some good people that can appreciate a slobberknocker of a game. Yes Colt gets to go to Pasadena but that son of bitch is probably sitting in an ice bath as I write this with nightmares of ever facing Suh in the pros if he can make it that far. Hell of a game last night.

i should add, being called the classiest fans in all of college football is as much a curse as an award. we are held to a higher standard because of our self-proclamation that often times we fail to live up to, hopefully the bad impressions to not stick and those on this board should should take everything with a grain of salt.

WOW. When did Nebraska fans turn into aggys?

I'm almost speechless from what I've seen and heard from NU fans. I just showed this thread to my friend (NU grad) and he is embarrased.

I'm sorry that I enjoyed watching your defense play. Would you rather get blown out and not have our respect? Its nice of your fan base to be so ugly, nice to throw a few things onto the field, nice to flip off and boo Mack and our fans as he gave you congrats (like EVERY coach does after winning any type of championship). I guess losing really does bring out the worst in people. This fanbase has changed drastically in this decade.

Didn't earn anything??? Child please.

We'll be rooting for you in the bowl game. Sorry you can't do the same.

Hook'em

Funny thing here...I have seen a lot of Texas fans saying we shouldn't have even been close in that game and things like that. Most of the media is saying how Texas was playing poorly when the fact was our defense made them play poorly. Mack wasn't gracious after that win either (he was saying things that a coach should say, but I saw it in his face he didn't mean it) and I saw a lot of smug attitudes from Texas players.

Fact is I am to the point I hate Texas. And most Nebraskans show respect to other teams that deserve it. You guys don't deserve it and never will in my book. This fanbase hasn't changed much like you think it has...

Oh and the bolded is why I don't think you guys are sincere with your "respect" comments. You don't respect us so don't act like you do. You didn't respect us before the game either. So Texas can kiss my a$$ and I will never root for you guys ever. I don't care how the NCG makes the big XII look...you guys are going to smoked by Bama and I will probably be smiling the whole time. Just wait till next year when we play, cause if we have the chance...I bet we run the score up on you and you deserve it.