Anyone else pissed about the chop blocks?

I lost a lot of respect for Mack Brown and the whole Texas football program last night. Not that I had much respect for them before but it was obvious that they wanted to take Suh out early in the game by injuring him with chop blocks. Hey Mack Brown your plan backfired and Suh stole the heisman trophy from your quarterback and the refs had to bail you out to win the game. Karmas a B*tch and good luck against the Tide.

I guess I missed it because when they showed the replay it didnt look Suh was engaged with anyone else. Whch is what I though a chop block is. I heard alot of people confusing a cut block with a chop block. The only thing that makes going for the legs illegal is if the defender is engaged with an O-line man and another o-line attempts to block at or below the knees.

I guess I missed it because when they showed the replay it didnt look Suh was engaged with anyone else. Whch is what I though a chop block is. I heard alot of people confusing a cut block with a chop block. The only thing that makes going for the legs illegal is if the defender is engaged with an O-line man and another o-line attempts to block at or below the knees.

The replay clearly shows exactly that..

Yeah it sucks and was low but it's not like it stopped him. To hell with Texas and to hell with Brown and McCoy, Suh with any luck/miracle will win the Heisman and Texas will get annihilated in the NC. Roll Tide!

Alabama won't need luck. Nobody in their right mind would think Texas is going to be Alabama except delusional Longhorn fans.

I think Brown and TU saw Suh saying that Baylor's cut blocking made him tentative. I don't think it was done with an intent to hurt him . . . more like to get in his head and make him a step slower. I don't like it either, but it's probably not as malicious as you are making it sound.

:yeah

But I would like to see it called more than the horse collar thing.

Alabama won't need luck. Nobody in their right mind would think Texas is going to be Alabama except delusional Longhorn fans.

I don't think Texas will BE Alabama..But for some reason..I think they have a chance at taking a MNC from the SEC..

I hope bama opens up a big can of whup a$$ on Texas and turns the game into the biggest bore fest ever.

As for Brown, he has gone right down in my estimation.

I hope Bama destroys the Horns. I don't want to be selfish but if the Horns join the Tar Heels and the Yankees as champions I may stop following sports for a while. :)

it ROYALLY pissed me off. the fact that it happened on the first play, and had a penalty called on it, was very, very, very interesting.

mostly it gives me faith in the coaching staff...i was worried about the lack of holding calls this year in the big twelve in general, thinking that our d-line would be on the business end of nasty, and to see them nail this penalty right off of the bat made me think the our coaching staff did a damn fine job of discussing with the officials pregame. my hat is off to Bo and Co. for whatever it was they made their talking points in the pregame chat.