CCG officials

I'm curious. Is a muffed kickoff (no initial possession) different from fumbling a ball when possession was clearly established?

There's definetely a difference, and I'm not saying that he definitely had possession. I was just stating I could kind of see where the ref could have made that call. Initially, I thought we got away with one, but after looking at it over and over, I convinced myself that the ref could have made the call (not saying it was the correct one). However, as VA Husker stated, if the ball was intentionally fumbled forward, there should have been a penalty (per NFL rules, no word on NCAA rules so this may not apply).

Overall, Nebraska shot themselves one too many times in the foot, which is not surprising considering how the past couple years have gone. The refs did not blow this game for us. The refs were bad, but they were bad for both sides.

You know what. No! That is a legitimate gripe. The BIG XII has been pandering to the South, primarily Texas since it's inception. It was part of the reason Tom Osborne had reservations about joining the conference in the first place. I could support of a withdrawl from the BIGXII if the playcalling, bias toward Texas, and pandering to things like making the BIG XII Championship game permenently held in Texas continue like I believe they will. Let the 4 teams of the SWC play themselves and see how far they get.

Get ahold of yourself. Stop acting like a child.

I was there, I saw with my own eyes... its ridiculous that we generate millions for a conference that allows cheating and then we are expected to eat sh*t?! NO WAY!! I am not budging on this, we got robbed!

Everyone else saw it, too. Nobody else is behaving the way you're behaving. There's a difference between being justifiably upset (which we all are) and acting like a buffoon. Learn the difference and stop this nonsense.

How's this for some homecookin'?

Gene Semko , Side Judge, El Paso, Tx

Mike Defee, Back Judge, Beaumont, Tx

Bobby Ables , Field Judge Texarkana, Tx

Walt Anderson who is head of Big 12 Officiating is from Sugarland, Texas who is an alum of UT Dental School.

I noticed that you left off Tom Walker, umpire, OMAHA, NE

I noticed that too! The main guy in charge of holding calls...

El Paso is a 10 hr drive from Austin, Beaumont 5 and Texarkana 5+ also...

Enough with whining...try being a fan on ISU or Baylor before you b**** about getting jobbed. Us crying about officiating is like Kansas Basketball fans saying they don't get calls at the Phog...

Does anyone remember the game in Colorado a few years ago? In 2005, Nebraska played their last regular season game against Colorado. Right before half-time Zac Taylor spiked the ball for a chance to kick a field goal before halftime. When the ball hit the ground there were 2-3 seconds still showing on the clock. However the scorekeeper failed to stop the clock. Time expirewd. Callahan argued with the on-field officials but was told that the play was not reviewable. So, how is Texas' 1 second any different from our 2-3 seconds. How is that any more egregious?

On the kickoff though I still wonder why the return man didn't argue it.

- happened so fast he wasn't even sure whether he did have his knee on the ground while in possession?

- knew he'd fumbled intentionally and one way or another he wasn't going to be able to run?

- knew there was absolutely nothing that could be done about it since the whistle had blown the play dead anyway, so at best case he was down by inadvertent whistle?

- taught to accept the refs calls as final and not complain and risk a flag?

Per Husker Extra

Walt Anderson’s sure of that because of Rule 12:3, which he cited after the game.

Article 6 of that rule states that “the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable.”

“It’s really for these type of events that happen that you want to be sure that an error of judgment doesn’t end up being made on the field that is really a matter of fact,” Anderson said.

So your either telling me:

a ) That there was a clear error of judgement (in direct opposition to the precedent set on the other 20 incomplete passes) that was in need of over ruling.

-or-

b ) That there was a clear error of judgement (in terms of a complete meltdown in game-time management for the team that was supposed to win) that was in need of over ruling.

Does anyone remember the game in Colorado a few years ago? In 2005, Nebraska played their last regular season game against Colorado. Right before half-time Zac Taylor spiked the ball for a chance to kick a field goal before halftime. When the ball hit the ground there were 2-3 seconds still showing on the clock. However the scorekeeper failed to stop the clock. Time expirewd. Callahan argued with the on-field officials but was told that the play was not reviewable. So, how is Texas' 1 second any different from our 2-3 seconds. How is that any more egregious?

AND THAT'S THE KICKER. This kind of play happens all the time in football (a last second effort where one team wins or loses the game on it ...... see FSU vs Miami this year and just about everything else) The play wasnt reviewable in 05 but now it is in 09?

You got me. I can't find a rule that clearly states that you can't advance a forward fumble. I guess I was always under the impression that you couldn't intentionally fumble a ball forward, but I can't find anything stating otherwise. Nice catch. We may have caught a break on that one.

I'm curious. Is a muffed kickoff (no initial possession) different from fumbling a ball when possession was clearly established?

I don't think so. I think the refs simply blew that call. Just another in an avalanche of missed calls all season long throughout the Big 12.

Those refs need to lose their jobs or get busted down to highschool games... and I think we should go back to the BIG 8 and let the TX teams join the Mountain West or some other league where CHEATING is part of the game!

Control yourself!