If the roles were reversed...

Say Nebraska was trying to drive down the field and score on that last drive. Zac Lee rolls out like McCoy did with the same results. Say the refs DONT put a second back on the clock. Would we be saying they cheated us? Even though most of us now think that taking the second off would be the right call?

Just wondering.

We wouldn't have had one second put back on.

Say Nebraska was trying to drive down the field and score on that last drive. Zac Lee rolls out like McCoy did with the same results. Say the refs DONT put a second back on the clock. Would we be saying they cheated us? Even though most of us now think that taking the second off would be the right call?

Just wondering.

Screw that. If thats the case everypass in a game needs to be reviewed, not just at crucial points in games thats biased officiating! :snacks:

Just wondering.

Screw that. If thats the case everypass in a game needs to be reviewed, not just at crucial points in games thats biased officiating! :snacks:

Just wondering.

Agreed.

I did like the look on Colts face when he thought the game was over tho.(tebow crying esque)

Not really. The difference between 3rd & 4 with 13:04 and 3rd & 4 with 13:00 doesn't necessarily change what the team will call or how they will play. Those few seconds have practically no impact on the game whatsoever.

Now under a few minutes and a team needs a score, the clock really comes into play. The team changes what they call. They run sideline passes, run out of bounds, and conserve clock. Those few seconds gain more value.

Ideally you'd want the clock to be 100% on track the whole game, but is that really practical? Sometimes, every second throughout the game would've counted, but only in hindsight.

Not really. The difference between 3rd & 4 with 13:04 and 3rd & 4 with 13:00 doesn't necessarily change what the team will call or how they will play. Those few seconds have practically no impact on the game whatsoever.

Now under a few minutes and a team needs a score, the clock really comes into play. The team changes what they call. They run sideline passes, run out of bounds, and conserve clock. Those few seconds gain more value.

Ideally you'd want the clock to be 100% on track the whole game, but is that really practical? Sometimes, every second throughout the game would've counted, but only in hindsight.

Please, we would've had 4th and 13 from our own 37, and the game would've been over.

No if Lee did the same thing the game woulda been over. The BCS people did NOT want to deal with Texas losing and have to dealing with UC and TCU both screaming for a shot at the title. Nobody can ever convince me otherwise. The BCS is rigged and has no legitimacy anymore. Don't believe me? Look at the Fiesta bowl game. TCU vs Boise State????? Really?!?!?! Can't let the little guy face a bigger program like Florida or even a Cincinnati cause they are worried that a win vs. maybe those two teams would show that maybe they shoulda got a shot at the national title instead of a Texas that eeked out a BS win.

I want a playoff so bad, but lets be realistic. It is never going to happen. $$$$$ talks

Just wondering.

This is easy. We WERE in this position at Colorado two years ago. Ganz spiked the ball with two seconds left in the half. We were told then that the play was not reviewable. Two years later, Big 12 championship and BCS Championship game on the line, suddenly it IS reviewable.

Just saying...

Here's my problem with using the stadium clock on that play: The Stadium clock is not the official time! That's why the referee is always telling them to "Please reset the clock to 2:34" because HE has the official time. Why does he go to replay? He has the time on the field!!!!

No if Lee did the same thing the game woulda been over. The BCS people did NOT want to deal with Texas losing and have to dealing with UC and TCU both screaming for a shot at the title. Nobody can ever convince me otherwise. The BCS is rigged and has no legitimacy anymore. Don't believe me? Look at the Fiesta bowl game. TCU vs Boise State????? Really?!?!?! Can't let the little guy face a bigger program like Florida or even a Cincinnati cause they are worried that a win vs. maybe those two teams would show that maybe they shoulda got a shot at the national title instead of a Texas that eeked out a BS win.

I want a playoff so bad, but lets be realistic. It is never going to happen. $$$$$ talks

:yeah:yeah:yeah it's pretty weak that they placed those two against each other, let them prove themselves, or be able to say they do not belong, if they got rocked by UF or something. at least there will be two undefeated teams at the end of the season. UT is not deserving of being in a national championship, their last two games they eeked by, one because of a great offensive showing and no defense, the other because of the greatest defensive showing i have ever seen and no offense. cincy had as impressive of a season as UT, why do they get to go and not Cincy. i understand the strength of the Big XII, but it was down this year and cincy had some quality wins, but whatever.

It's such a close call that either way there would be controversy. If we were in Texas' shoes I'm sure we'd be more than happy we escaped with a win. Since we came out on the losing end we will bitch about what could (should?) have been.

It wouldn't have been a close call if Colt would have really known the amount of time on the clock... He didn't really get punished for it, but could have. It was only close because of McCoy's own folly.