Gabbert still solid

TYLER GABBERT, QB, 6-0, 200, BALLWIN (PARKWAY WEST), MISSOURI

Still A Husker

“I’m going to Nebraska I’m solid with them.” Gabbert said, “I went to the Kansas State game it was awesome, the game was great. I met everyone on the staff, academics and I met the players on the team after the game. It was a real good visit.”

“My host was Mike Mc Neil we went to Blake Lawrence’s house and met some football guys over there. I got to know Chase Rome he’s a cool guy.” Gabbert said

Gabbert Bonds With NU Coach

“I met with Shawn Watson he’s my primary recruiter and spent a lot of time with him. We talked about the whole deal, the program and what he plans to do with me and everything. Watson is a top of line coach and one of the best offensive coordinators in the country.” Gabbert said

“We (Watson) talked about (it) a little bit but they know I’m coming to Nebraska. They don’t believe all that stuff on the internet.” Gabbert said about rumors on the internet about de-committing

“My mom went with me to Nebraska she loved it too. She had a chance to hang out with the team.” Gabbert added

Prize Recruit Also Enjoyed NU Trip

“I talked to Owa (Odighizuwa) quite a bit he’s real nice. He definitely liked Nebraska. He told me everything was great at Nebraska.” Gabbert said

“I met with Coach Tom Osborne. He’s really up to date on everything. He checked on my season, we talked football and the program, just a great personal conversation.” Gabbert said

http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

I am sorry but I am not sure what to think. I would like Gabbert in Red, but I want him to make the best choice for him. What I do not like is the possibility that he is just stringing along the staff and plans to make a splash at the end with Carter.

:yeah

First off the first post is a few weeks old and we all now how fast Tyler can change his mind. You know Curtis is going to be on him hard.

“I met with Shawn Watson he’s my primary recruiter and spent a lot of time with him. We talked about the whole deal, the program and what he plans to do with me and everything. Watson is a top of line coach and one of the best offensive coordinators in the country.” Gabbert said

:facepalm:

are we sure we still want this kid?

yes. At least he's not blind like Curtis. Watson works with what he has and does what the team needs him to do to get W's. Curtis sounds like he just read a message board or took the negative recruiting bait hook, line, and sinker.

I think the negativity of Husker fans is having an adverse affect on recruiting, too. Seriously wish there'd be less of it.

yes. At least he's not blind like Curtis. Watson works with what he has and does what the team needs him to do to get W's. Curtis sounds like he just read a message board or took the negative recruiting bait hook, line, and sinker.

I think the negativity of Husker fans is having an adverse affect on recruiting, too. Seriously wish there'd be less of it.

oh he does? i must have missed that during the season.

and if a player reading a message board is enough to sway their commitment to a program, then i have some doubts about the player's competence.

Watson doesn't have much this season. That's why you see the shift in philosophy, limiting the offense to minimize mistakes, and not trying to light the field on fire with points and yards, but to consistently keep our team in a position to put away the game.

It's how we won against Oklahoma and how we almost won against Texas, two teams that, let's face it, we had no business beating even at the beginning of the year when everyone was optimistic, and certainly no business beating after we found out what we had on O this year. If we adopt that strategy against Iowa State, no question we come out with a safe win. Texas Tech likely as well.

and if a player reading a message board is enough to sway their commitment to a program, then i have some doubts about the player's competence.

I agree with this to a degree.

But I just shake my head everytime I see Husker fans being extremely quick off the bandwagon, being ultra-reactionary etc. Like, we aren't stupid, right? Then what's with the calls to start Burkhead over Helu after the CU game. People who want us to go back to the option because that's the style of play they grew up with and are most comfortable with. Just as an example.

Big Willie, I think that smell is a freakin snake that strung NU along with Carter to make them think they are going to NU when they planned on goin to MU the entire time just to screw us. I hope I'm wrong and Gabbert ends up wearing the N but that's been the feeling I've had for about 2 months now and I still have it.

We need a new OC. It's horrible when our offense is so pathetic that recruits are scared to play for him.

idk where this comment came from. it appears gabbert likes watson. dare i say that if watson leaves, so too goes gabbert?

I'm saying that our offensive ineptitude (which falls squarely at Watson's feet) cost us Carter already and I fully expect Gabbert to leave with him.

That said, I will trade a couple Gabbert/Carter decommits for a new OC any day of the week.

Watson doesn't have much this season. That's why you see the shift in philosophy, limiting the offense to minimize mistakes, and not trying to light the field on fire with points and yards, but to consistently keep our team in a position to put away the game.

It's how we won against Oklahoma and how we almost won against Texas, two teams that, let's face it, we had no business beating even at the beginning of the year when everyone was optimistic, and certainly no business beating after we found out what we had on O this year. If we adopt that strategy against Iowa State, no question we come out with a safe win. Texas Tech likely as well.

I agree with this to a degree.

But I just shake my head everytime I see Husker fans being extremely quick off the bandwagon, being ultra-reactionary etc. Like, we aren't stupid, right? Then what's with the calls to start Burkhead over Helu after the CU game. People who want us to go back to the option because that's the style of play they grew up with and are most comfortable with. Just as an example.

for the record, i was never on this kid's bandwagon. as much as we would like it to, one recruit is not going to make or break our program.