Interesting Attorney's analysis showing why giving Texas an extra second was wrong.

Good luck in the bowl. The Big12 is down this year, and the bowl season is all we have left. The Conference needs the W. No sense in losing more recruits to the SEC, et al.

After further review, it seems I must retract that. One idiot made a comment in the threadd about the MArine death after the game, wishing it was the TX fan. You guys jumped on him pretty ood, and he was consequently banned.

All I know is, I thought you guys were fantastic fans at the game.....and then the message board...not so much. I really hated to see you guys lose in such a donkey kick fashion, but man...it isn't as if life has always been roses for TX fans. See ya in Lincoln next year.

That's message boards for ya.

Husker fans have been really, really disappointing at times. A lot of :facepalm:-ing this year and '07. We're more like any other fanbase than we are probably willing to admit.

I think I'll quote this again...have done so quite a few times in recent days.

If we should win, let it be by the code...

I think most of you know how the rest of it goes.

We have this thing here on Huskerboard where we run through the prayer before every game in a thread.

Do we even mean what we say? Because if not, what's the point?! FWIW, I've been back and forth on what to think about the last second. I do think it is not worth arguing that we should get that W back, though. Because man, what a sucky way to win, with an asterisk like that. I'm perfectly content to let Texas carry that burden.

I keep seeing this prayer posted as if it is some kind of reason as to why Husker fans should not be upset about the outcome of the game (and how said outcome was obtained). The issue I have with this is that the prayer asks for and assumes a fair and honorable game taking place, with both sides holding and being held to the same set of standards. In this instance it can be argued that the outcome was decided by a means other than fair and honorable.

If either Texas or Nebraska had beaten the other handily (by a touchdown or more) there is no conspiracy theory. If the refs had blown the whistle at one second and then the clock ticked to zero, I have no issue with Texas getting another play (it would still suck mightily, but again no conspiracy). The fact is that the clock ticked to zero before the refs blew the whistle, but one second was added after the play was summarily reviewed in a fashion out of context with similar plays throughout the game, against a clock that has been shown to not only be erroneous, but typically out of sync with both the official time clock and the scoreboard time clock and by the replay official rather than the head referee on the field (who typically calls for and "makes" clock adjustments). This fairly odd set of circumstances, which lead to a Texas victory, makes it easy to question whether or not the final outcome of this game is truly valid with respect to the standards we and the prayer place heavy emphasis upon and feel should be upheld by both the teams and the officials in these sporting events.

The prayer "provides" appropriate responses to winning and losing when games are played and decided with the prayer's standards applied and upheld. The prayer does not provide for, or even hint at what may or may not be appropriate in situations where games are played/decided with a different set of standards divergent from the prayer's applied (ie there is no appropriate response supplied by the prayer for getting held up and robbed like a 7-11 ;) ). Application of the prayer, therefore, to this situation doesn't seem fitting nor logical and using it in an attempt to soothe ruffled feathers and/or call out others for "bad fan behavior" is out of context.

All that being said, I do not believe Texas was in collusion with either the referees, the Big XII or the BCS in order to change the outcome of this game. They are however, the recipients of a rather happy set of circumstances that assured them an extra chance for a win and place in the national championship game - a chance that not only paid dividends with regard to the Big XII championship but also kept the BCS from a rather massive meltdown with regard to TCU's right to contend for the national championship title as well.

My final two cents is that we as fans should do our best to let it go, or at least move it to the back burner to simmer until next year, so that we can focus on the challenge presented by Arizona and the celebration of what has been a very rough, but successful season.

Good luck in the bowl. The Big12 is down this year, and the bowl season is all we have left. The Conference needs the W. No sense in losing more recruits to the SEC, et al.

After further review, it seems I must retract that. One idiot made a comment in the threadd about the MArine death after the game, wishing it was the TX fan. You guys jumped on him pretty ood, and he was consequently banned.

All I know is, I thought you guys were fantastic fans at the game.....and then the message board...not so much. I really hated to see you guys lose in such a donkey kick fashion, but man...it isn't as if life has always been roses for TX fans. See ya in Lincoln next year.

Husker fans have been really, really disappointing at times. A lot of :facepalm:-ing this year and '07. We're more like any other fanbase than we are probably willing to admit.

you just have to understand this, we have ONE win against you in the big 12, and most of them have been close. Two of which were lucky ass sh#t, and one was a boneheaded mistake by Lord. Couple that with the fact that we got gypped outta this game, and most of us have kind of hit our breaking point.

I don't think you get what egregious means. You are stuck on length, but you should concentrate on outcome. Egregious....taking away the last second that was left, when there was a team trailing that had the ball in FG range. Egregious...not putting back the last second, when said team has an opportunity to win, fair and square. Sadly, you would have rather won by less than honorable means, human error, than lose with dignity. Your coach, the one screaming cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater must be rubbing off on you. There was no big controversy in the stands of the sterile Jerry World. We all knew, be we Husker or Horn, that it was obvious there was time left on the clock. Why the big debate here?

You used to be known as the benchmark for fandom.....now, I see threads about leaving the conference, threads wishing death on Texas fans....it''s just sad, really.

Good luck in your bowl game. Please represent the Big 12 well.

Egregious...calling pass interference on a ball throw 10 yards out of bounds to put Texas in field goal range. That led directly to a Texas field goal. If not for that egregious pass interference call which gave Texas a field goal, Texas wouldve had to score a touchdown in the final second instead of a field goal. The way ur offense got dominated all game, I dont think it wouldve happened

I have no problem with putting 1 second back on the clock, if there was a second left there was a second left. But dont act like Texas won fair & square, u didnt

We have this thing here on Huskerboard where we run through the prayer before every game in a thread.

Do we even mean what we say? Because if not, what's the point?! FWIW, I've been back and forth on what to think about the last second. I do think it is not worth arguing that we should get that W back, though. Because man, what a sucky way to win, with an asterisk like that. I'm perfectly content to let Texas carry that burden.

I keep seeing this prayer posted as if it is some kind of reason as to why Husker fans should not be upset about the outcome of the game (and how said outcome was obtained). The issue I have with this is that the prayer asks for and assumes a fair and honorable game taking place, with both sides holding and being held to the same set of standards. In this instance it can be argued that the outcome was decided by a means other than fair and honorable.

If either Texas or Nebraska had beaten the other handily (by a touchdown or more) there is no conspiracy theory. If the refs had blown the whistle at one second and then the clock ticked to zero, I have no issue with Texas getting another play (it would still suck mightily, but again no conspiracy). The fact is that the clock ticked to zero before the refs blew the whistle, but one second was added after the play was summarily reviewed in a fashion out of context with similar plays throughout the game, against a clock that has been shown to not only be erroneous, but typically out of sync with both the official time clock and the scoreboard time clock and by the replay official rather than the head referee on the field (who typically calls for and "makes" clock adjustments). This fairly odd set of circumstances, which lead to a Texas victory, makes it easy to question whether or not the final outcome of this game is truly valid with respect to the standards we and the prayer place heavy emphasis upon and feel should be upheld by both the teams and the officials in these sporting events.

The prayer "provides" appropriate responses to winning and losing when games are played and decided with the prayer's standards applied and upheld. The prayer does not provide for, or even hint at what may or may not be appropriate in situations where games are played/decided with a different set of standards divergent from the prayer's applied (ie there is no appropriate response supplied by the prayer for getting held up and robbed like a 7-11 ;) ). Application of the prayer, therefore, to this situation doesn't seem fitting nor logical and using it in an attempt to soothe ruffled feathers and/or call out others for "bad fan behavior" is out of context.

All that being said, I do not believe Texas was in collusion with either the referees, the Big XII or the BCS in order to change the outcome of this game. They are however, the recipients of a rather happy set of circumstances that assured them an extra chance for a win and place in the national championship game - a chance that not only paid dividends with regard to the Big XII championship but also kept the BCS from a rather massive meltdown with regard to TCU's right to contend for the national championship title as well.

My final two cents is that we as fans should do our best to let it go, or at least move it to the back burner to simmer until next year, so that we can focus on the challenge presented by Arizona and the celebration of what has been a very rough, but successful season.

Winner right here! :yeah

the fans focus before a game has never had an impact on the game

Winner right here! :yeah

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

All I know is every Texass fan I've encountered was a jerk to me. We treat other fans with respect at games and in person....this is a message board...our message board. We vent here. We complain here. This is our place to do that. Now this game has no impact on the way I've felt about previous texass fans. So reguardless of this whole clock mess that was COMPLETELY botched....I would still be saying ROLL TIDE! I despise texass.

You used to be known as the benchmark for fandom.....now, I see threads about leaving the conference, threads wishing death on Texas fans....it''s just sad, really.

Link please? I'd hate to call some anonymous internet poster a liar . . . particularly one who is trying to claim the moral high ground. But if you can't provide a link you are a liar.

Big 12 ref celebrates a Texas touchdown:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would like to see the Big XII address a few of the issues raised in the original post.

The biggest problem I have is that they didn't even use the official clock on the review. No, scratch that -- The biggest problem I have is that they changed the official clock to match the stadium clock, when that procedure is completely backwards.

I'm not moving past this yet. This is f'd up. This whole thing just reeks of BCS chicanery. Or refs that simply don't know the rules. Either way, somebody should be exposed over this.

Its over.

Stop re-opening the wound.

Move on.

Time to get ready to beat our second Stoops of the year.

GBR

T_O_B

While that's a nice sentiment, you've been around Husker fans long enough to know you're wasting your breath.

When's the last time you heard a reference to the Penn State out of bounds catch? When's the last time you heard a reference to the FSU goal-line fumble? I've heard both in the past week. People never forget this stuff.

Its over.

Stop re-opening the wound.

Move on.

Time to get ready to beat our second Stoops of the year.

GBR

T_O_B

While that's a nice sentiment, you've been around Husker fans long enough to know you're wasting your breath.

When's the last time you heard a reference to the Penn State out of bounds catch? When's the last time you heard a reference to the FSU goal-line fumble? I've heard both in the past week. People never forget this stuff.

Ain't that the truth. :laughpound:laughpound

This is a message board where Nebraska fans come to express their views and that does sometimes include venting and spewing conspiracy theories, especially after a tough loss coupled with reasoning that some feel was not completely reasonable . We're good people, we're good fans, but yeah, we're human. This is our board, sir. Most of us love hearing from other fans on here, it's a fun way to connect. But, I think it's pretty unfair to come on here and judge us. And this isn't directed at just you, a lot of Texas fans have done the same thing. If the comments of a few on this board bother you so much to judge us all, then don't feel obligated to visit this site. I'm sure the fans you meet in person will be just as cordial to you.

As a side note, I've noticed on the Texas boards that you all are very human too. One guy even suggested sending us a tape recording of the final kick and the clock just to rub it in. <_< I'm not judging you by the rude statement some other Longhorn fan made on HIS forum. Feel free to give me and other fans on here the same courtesy. Thanks in advance. :thumbs