Turner Gill to Kansas

NoLongerN

I think it's because most people would have preferred the Stanford HC.

Any KU fans that thought they had a shot at Harbaugh where F'n morons with waaaay to high of an opinion of there football team.

Can't say I like this hire at all. Only because it's going to be rough having to watch Turner's team get beat down by the Huskers every year. Best of luck against the rest of the conference though coach! :thumbs

You have to love the fact that Turner got the job. As far as recruiting it's probably a sideways move for Kansas as Mangino was very good at it. As far as coaching it also is a sideways move as both are really good coaches. But as a class act Turner is head and shoulders above Mangino. Kansas is lucky to get him. If the Nebraska job ever opens up he'll be gone.

Kansas surprised me by actually hiring him. He'll bring credibility to things after mangino got burned at the stake. I always hate that this is the case but you know there will be plenty of sports pundits and fans excited about a black coach in a power conference. They can't get enough of people's skin color.

That said....(facepalm) Turner is a class act and has worked under one of the greatest coaches of all time for quite a few years. He knows what it's like to instill confidence in the underdog (buffalo is as underdog as you get) so KU will be playing hard for him. He'll give us fits. The staff will be interesting to see. Who does he bring from buffalo?

I think it's because most people would have preferred the Stanford HC.

Any KU fans that thought they had a shot at Harbaugh where F'n morons with waaaay to high of an opinion of there football team.

Can't say I like this hire at all. Only because it's going to be rough having to watch Turner's team get beat down by the Huskers every year. Best of luck against the rest of the conference though coach! :thumbs

From all reports, Harbuagh took until this morning to decide not to come. his in laws thought he was coming... I guess Harbaugh is also a moron, since he wasn't sure himself....

As for Gill, he was not my first choice, but I think he is an interesting hire and I am excited to see what he will do. If he retains some of the exisiting staff, that will be the first sign he is going ot be successful. If he brings his inexperienced CFL buddies and displaces current staff, well, then I am not fired up.