NU BandWagon

You truly think we had the talent of Texas Tech last year. We did not belong on the same field with them. This years team is expected by many top prognasticators to challenge Texas for the South title. We are still not anywhere near their talent. It will take another two years of recruiting like last year to get there. Texas Tech is a team on the rise, reason being, forward thinking. Looking at their competition and seeing what they bring to the table and building something that will battle their abilities.

I knew we would lose that game last year. I think we lose it again this year. But I think we lose it for reasons 3-4 years back. Lack of recruiting kills a program. That is what got Frank fired, not wins or loss numbers. Not looking forward, living in the past. Single wing anyone?

Guys, there may be a problem w/the way Pederson handles himself w/the media, and the way he goes about his decisions, but he is a genius and we are very lucky he's our AD. He has tremendous vision, and all his decisions are for the good of the program. He made a tough decision to get rid of Frank, especially with the timing and not having a replacement lined up immediately, but he did what he had to do. And it's great that we got Callahan when we did. BC has shown his knack for recruiting and I'm certain he'll show his genius on the field this year. Jeez, just look at the recruits BC was able to pick up in less than a month last year; Murtha and Brandon Jackson. Even though Murtha has been hampered by injury, BC brought in 2 guys that were almost better by themselves than the entire class Frank had coming at the time.

I'm not anti-Solich, I liked him as an assistant, he just wasn't head coaching material for this program. He let the program slide way too far, and BC and SP are picking up the pieces and making sure we're headed back to the front of the pack. Have a little patience, because we'll be one of the elite teams in the country again very soon.

Too all the Husker Board memebrs out there.  I pose this question. HOW MANY HUSKER FANS THAT HATE PETERSON AND CALLAHAN WILL JUMP ON THEIR SIDE IF THE WINS COME?

I know that this subject has been beat to death but it will be interesting to see since there are so many crybabies out there about last years 5-6 season.  Some that were on TV saying how they could not take losing because the team had not had a losing season since they were born.

This healing for our football still will continue to not be a pleasent experience for our bandwagon fans but you must realize all reconstructions take time.

By 2006 we we play USC in LA our team will be a primed machine to make a run at the Title, until then please allow a rollercoaster ride week to week.

Welcome aboard hskr1970! You knew that question would open up a huge can.. didnt you. ;) Very valid point though. Let it rip.

BTW, I could give a crap about how high the recruiting class is rated, or how the staff and pud say "We're making big improvements..."

I dont care about lip service from the regime, or the opinions of a bunch of "recruiting gurus" (if they knew so much about the game, why are they not coaches??).

Prove it on the field. Another year like last year is absolutely unacceptable. No excuses.

It is becoming clear that most, if not all the cancer that infected last years team has been removed in the off season. Unfortunately, we can't say the same for the fans (or detractors in your case ff).

wharf- let's give ff a chance, he is with us, just has his doubts about the coaches, as long as he is for the team, i can handle that, if the team has some success and

and the coaches keep the kids motivated, he too will come around.......try to keep it positive everyone, it is a long season!

hunter

FF brings valid points, he uses his head and thinks things out in general. I admire his tenacity.

I have the same dislike for Pederson. I have met him and he is an arrogant ass. But just because I do not like him does not mean he can not do a good job. He ruffles feathers, but he is intelligent and he is a Nebraskan. He was trained by Tom and has been succesful. I still do not like the guy, but do think he knows what he is doing.

BC is a different situation all together. He seems to be a good man that is trying to do the right things. This is a tough job and no matter the coach some would not have liked him. I have an appointment with him in September, it will be my first meeting with BC. So far I like him and what he is doing. I am willing to give him the chance to get the job done.

I understand the dislike for the upper guy, but BC is in a position he has really no control over. He must do his job to the best of his ability. Hopefully he proves us right and FF will move from the dark side.

Great improvement agaisnt who FF?

We lost 3 games to the only real teams we played.  And that is counting Missouri a real team.

With the previous staff we would never compete with Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Auburn and a slew of others.  We were becoming a regional team.  We only recruited regionally.  Another two years of recruiting the way we were, we were done.  You need to look ahead FF.  You live in the past.  The past is gone.  Move forward and think that way.  You and I are the same on Pederson, but don't blame the employee for the bosses comments.  Give BC the chance he deserves.  If we are not resectable by the end of next year, at least it appears we will have the talent for the next coach to do something with.  See Stoops at Oklahoma.

I guess I would rather lose 3 games that we should have lost, and won the 10 that we should have won, as opposed to 2004-losing 5 games that we should have won, with one being the worst loss in the history of the program to the 4th best team in the South.

BTW, Solich did beat OU and UT.

You just don't get it do you?

You know that everyone has been discussing this topic real well. The point being is that I am sure FF is one fan that probably back in the era of T.O. 1990-1992 seasons FF probably was on the badwagon to fire T.O.. Then history was made. Each coach takes time to develop their own schemes and style and Caly will do the same.

I respect what Frankie did for the program during his rein as player and asst coach but as head coach he did nothing but leave the cupboard bare. He in is great wisdom thought it would be o.k. not to recruit any players in 2002 for over a 100 days. That is where Farank lost this program. If he could recruit or let his staff recruit anyone during that time maybe he would still be the coach. In this time of high competition and parity in college football losing any recruits because we kept our coaches off the road is just a SHAMEFUL thing.

Think about FF

I have an appointment with him in September, it will be my first meeting with BC. So far I like him and what he is doing. I am willing to give him the chance to get the job done.

An appointment? What, does he run a dentist's office too? :)

No, seriously, what will you be talking to him about, if you can say.