I feel bad for McCoy

epocSoN

They rarely talk about him, even in the ceremony... When the finally do all they do is make fun of him about Suh. The guy had a great career and I'm not going to lie I feel bad for him, considering what a great career he had at Texas.

Its nice you guys are feeling bad for Colt. I am a UT grad and I think he's a pretty good guy. If I'd had a vote I don't know who'd I vote for. I have to admit that CBS has made me dislike Tebow, but looking at his Stats you gotta give him some credit. It looks like he has 800 yards rushing this year in addition to his passing stats. I expected Chris Simms to do that for us but he ended up being an awful runner. I kinda wish your man had won because linemen never get enough credit, but I also think Ingram had a great year. I don't know that it should matter but it appears he might actually graduate in 3 years (at least thats what I thought I heard on tv). Colt had some great games this year but you guys and OU made him look average at best. I see some of you don't want to give him love because you think he'll make a bunch of money at the next level but you know, I am not sure he's going to cut it. I think he may be another guy like our Major Applewhite. A good college QB but not quite up to NFL standards. I think the other 4 will be playing on Sundays.....

UT grad? Really? What the hell is that whiny condescending run-on paragraph of I I I I I I I I supposed to mean?

Made Colt look "average at best"? Really? Seriously?

No-we made him look as bad as our offense has been all year. Do you realize how bad that is? Bama will do the same.

It's funny how much :01 can really make. I swear 1/2 of these voters don't watch the games & just go by what's pumped in the newpapers & ESPN.

Bama 31 UTerus 17

I don't think ESPN hates McCoy...that is over the top. All 5 candidates were worthy and it was good to see such a close race. I thought it was likely going to be one of the RB's. My take:

Tebow - knew he would be fifth, already had won it and once he lost SEC Championship game did not see him winning again. Did he win any other major awards?

Suh - darkhorse because of the whole "defensive player" thing. He cleaned up on the defensive awards so if defensive player was going to get it, this was going to be the guy. I think ultimately our 4 losses hurt him (and also hurt Gerhart as his team had 4 losses).

McCoy - I didn't think he deserved it but thought he could get it as sort of a 4 year culmination of everything he accomplished at Texas...glad this did not happen because it really should be about the most outstanding for each year and not a lifetime achievement award.

Gerhart - probably deserved it...his team's 4 losses hurt him.

Ingram - not against him getting it...a close winner which seemed reasonable...I don't think he gets it if Alabama was not undefeated this year and #1. That gave him the edge needed to win this year.

Obviously the "what have you done for me lately" factor played huge. Ingram played horribly against Auburn while McCoy played his best game against Texas A&M. Those games were forgotten the next week when Ingram played huge to upset Florida (defending champs ranked #1) while we made McCoy look pedestrian (voters wondering why couldn't McCoy do anything against a 4 loss NU ranked #22)...plus he needed refs to bail him out of what would have been a devastating play to end 4 years on.

Robert Smith on ESPN News did not think Ingram deserved it. One thing he did say which made me go "wow, I would have never thunk it"....Gerhart in the Pac-10 played against 5 teams ranked in top 40 for rush defense while Ingram in the SEC only played against one (Florida). Thought that was a shocking stat :o and puts Gerhart above Ingram for me.

Good race this year!

I kinda do too. Guess thats what happens when the guy who made you look average is running against you for the trophy.

When its all offensive players theres no chance at making each other look silly.

You don't think that bromantic lunch the two QB's shared made them look silly?

i think they both knew they were gunna lose lose so in their minds why the F not?

My issue would simply be this. Ingram is not even the top rusher in the SEC...Gerhart is best RB this year, but last year several RB's had more yards...Donald Brown of UConn had over 2,000 to Gerhart's 1,700 this year. What Suh did was not only tops this year by far (he had better stats than whole defensive lines), but his stats were some of the best at his position ever. Sum missing out on this really is a shame. They need to either create a defensive heisman award, or simply call the Heisman what it is, the best offensive player on the best team of the year award.

Hope the Heisman jinx is in full effect and he cleans Alabama's clock. Then people will be saying "Holy $h1t! That Suh must be a beast!"

God i hope not. Texas arrogance needs to be taken down a few pegs.

The SEC arrogance needs to be brought down more IMO. Rather we take care of the Texas arrogance in conference.

Hope the Heisman jinx is in full effect and he cleans Alabama's clock. Then people will be saying "Holy $h1t! That Suh must be a beast!"

God i hope not. Texas arrogance needs to be taken down a few pegs.

The SEC arrogance needs to be brought down more IMO. Rather we take care of the Texas arrogance in conference.

Yeah if anyone doesn't think 'Bama fans aren't arrogant you don't know any 'Bama fans.

Look, I dislike any team remotely connected to the state of Texas, and I conffess that I was not aware Ingram was only a sophomore. When I found out, I genuinely felt bad for McCoy too.

What has happened to the Heisman trophy? It's almost unbearable to watch anymore.

There are definitely to many voters. I think they should revamp how many they have. Obviously all of the previous winners should have a vote but then they need to cut back on all the media personalities that have votes it just obscene.

They rarely talk about him, even in the ceremony... When the finally do all they do is make fun of him about Suh. The guy had a great career and I'm not going to lie I feel bad for him, considering what a great career he had at Texas.

I don't! I don't feel bad for him at all. Not one single tiny bit. I laugh and laugh and laugh when they poke fun at him.

I laugh and laugh at these high profile, look at me! look at me, thank Jeasuss! :worship Quarterbacks who get all this prima donna, "I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread." publicity all year long and get owned on National TV in the conference game. (Colt the Field Turf stain McCoy and Tim the crybaby Tebow) Then the ESPN guys pile it on them with a cherry on top! Makes me smile! :)

What's there to feel bad about? He gets to play for a national title, he will probably be drafted by someone, I don't think he will ever really start in the NFL but he will make enough money to live comfortably until he ends up as an assistant back at Texas, I am sure his shoes are just big enough to make it difficult for any of us to fill.