Next year I expect Steinkuhler to be to Crick what Crick was to Suh

Nexus

I have always liked his video, I hope his knee is ok. Also, Thad Randle they say is the quickest of the bunch. You would have to think that LB's are going to start turning some heads. Martin, when gets the play book, lights out

I'm excited about Martin too. It'll be fun watching him develop.

I have always liked his video, I hope his knee is ok. Also, Thad Randle they say is the quickest of the bunch. You would have to think that LB's are going to start turning some heads. Martin, when gets the play book, lights out

The only problem i could see with martin, is he might be like asante....they are both very hard hitters but sometimes play with to much passion and get dumb fouls...

Well, I listen to Grahm and Stai talk, they say that Stein has more explosive power and quickness, than anyone else they have seen

we have a couple of redshirt freshmen in the wings that are going to factor in, too. Chris Williams from Abilene Texas is a stud.

True but he's listed as a linebacker, not on the DL. But if you are speaking just defense 'in genera' then yes I agree.

If I'm not mistaken, Steinkuhler was a 5 star commit. Now I'm not saying stars represent who is a good player and who isn't, but that at least says he has a lot of potential. He is about the same weight as Suh and two inches taller, and appears to have a lot of upper body strength (more-so than what Crick seems to have). Crick will probably draw double teams this year, but give Baker a year or two and I think he will be our premier DT.

Suh was probably a once in a lifetime player. I don't remember anyone being that good when I watched all the tapes of '95 and '97 when we had amazing defenses.

Assuming somebody will just 'step in' to Suh's shoes is a pretty poor assessment. Somebody will fill the gap well, yes, but they will not be a player at the level that Suh is at.