Class Comparison

as for TG's 4 star rating? he had a lousy senior year but hardly played with anyone who could truly compete. how will he do? have no idea and I live not far from his HS and spoke with many people who saw him play. Is one of big reasons he decommited as NU has few skill players and the offenses play and playcalling down strech was godawful and he wanted to go where the talent is now and that was MU without question. Even the faithful can't argue about that, more talent already there and terrific wr's coming next year with him.

Now whether he can win the job in a couple of years especially with franklin, who has been ugraded quite a bit after a terrific sr season and one of the best qb's in midwest already commited for 2011? who knows, that is why they practice and play the games. But he is a good kid from a good family, despite what you all think, decommitting doesn't change who one is if he truly feels a change of heart.

I think you need to rephrase part of your post and say that the "offensive" talent might already be at MU.

Look at our roster; do some criticial thinking (that part might be hard for a MUle), maybe just maybe you will stubble across why NU is recruiting the positions that they are.

what is strange , when you look at the recruits from both schools, oklahoma had no interest in hardly any of the recruits by missori and nu. i sit around and wonder what is the difference between oklahoma,s recruiting stratedgy and the other 2 schools.

thats easy. Look at OU's list and see the players and how many both NE and MU were interested in. Its hard for OU to be interested in second choice players. They already have the commits. Well not really second choice, but OU is able to get the top players they go after where NE and MU lose most of those guys to OU and TX. So we move on to the next best (which are still really good) but not that first level good.

:)

Why recruit all this offense when you clearly need help on defense to be able to stop the Navy offense!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Why recruit all this defense when you clearly need help on offense to be able to score on the Navy's defense!!!!!!! :)

Mizzou is in a lose-lose situation this year. They cant get it right no matter who they recruit. They beat 4 really bad teams in their out of conference schedule then they beat CU, ISU, KU, and KSU to get to where they are now. I dont care what a MUle says about us losing to ISU. They lost to Baylor at home. While our loss to ISU is very bad, it is not as bad as a home loss to Baylor as it was only Baylor's 3rd conference road win in 13 years.

Why recruit all this offense when you clearly need help on defense to be able to stop the Navy offense!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Why recruit all this defense when you clearly need help on offense to be able to score on the Navy's defense!!!!!!! :)

Mizzou is in a lose-lose situation this year. They cant get it right no matter who they recruit. They beat 4 really bad teams in their out of conference schedule then they beat CU, ISU, KU, and KSU to get to where they are now. I dont care what a MUle says about us losing to ISU. They lost to Baylor at home. While our loss to ISU is very bad, it is not as bad as a home loss to Baylor as it was only Baylor's 3rd conference road win in 13 years.

I love Mizzoo's class. From what I have researched, they have 8 defensive recruits. They also have four athletes that could shake out on the defensive side of the ball. I love Ealy and DE and think he will be a stud to reckon with. They also picked up a nice DB in Tristan Holt. Corey Cooper is still out there and I wouldn't be surprized to see them pick up an IL recruits, or perhaps a KU or K-State recruit.

To me, the "names" are on the offensive side of the ball thus that is where people focus. I probably like their other QB recruit better then lil' Gab and they have 3-4 stud WR's that most people on this board would take any ... including Sasser.

I suppose people would/could say we can't recruit "offensive" this year and need to. We have one sleeper at WR in Quincy Enunwa ... outside of that we can't get a WR to consider our offense. They will play anywhere but here basically ... as it appears to me.

I think Mizzoo will be fine. I was bumbed they played so bad personally. I like the Big 12 to stand up at Bowl time ... not lay down and make other conferences look good.

Some random thoughts that your post brought out of me EZ.

SheepdogMark

what is strange , when you look at the recruits from both schools, oklahoma had no interest in hardly any of the recruits by missori and nu. i sit around and wonder what is the difference between oklahoma,s recruiting stratedgy and the other 2 schools.

thats easy. Look at OU's list and see the players and how many both NE and MU were interested in. Its hard for OU to be interested in second choice players. They already have the commits. Well not really second choice, but OU is able to get the top players they go after where NE and MU lose most of those guys to OU and TX. So we move on to the next best (which are still really good) but not that first level good.

Speak for yourself. We've got recruits with top level offers. (Florida, LSU, Cal, OU, Michigan, UT, etc.)

Also, I hope for your sake those WR and QB recruits can play on the defensive side of the ball. Yikes.

I love Mizzoo's class. From what I have researched, they have 8 defensive recruits. They also have four athletes that could shake out on the defensive side of the ball. I love Ealy and DE and think he will be a stud to reckon with. They also picked up a nice DB in Tristan Holt. Corey Cooper is still out there and I wouldn't be surprized to see them pick up an IL recruits, or perhaps a KU or K-State recruit.

To me, the "names" are on the offensive side of the ball thus that is where people focus. I probably like their other QB recruit better then lil' Gab and they have 3-4 stud WR's that most people on this board would take any ... including Sasser.

I suppose people would/could say we can't recruit "offensive" this year and need to. We have one sleeper at WR in Quincy Enunwa ... outside of that we can't get a WR to consider our offense. They will play anywhere but here basically ... as it appears to me.

I think Mizzoo will be fine. I was bumbed they played so bad personally. I like the Big 12 to stand up at Bowl time ... not lay down and make other conferences look good.

Some random thoughts that your post brought out of me EZ.

SheepdogMark

I also think MU's class is pretty good, but I also like NU's class. They have different things in each one. NU went heavy on the Defensive Side because we need to fill more holes depth wise on that side of the ball in 2-3 years. The offense, no matter what you think of the talent available, has pretty good numbers overall. Bo isn't going to recruit a ton of WR's just to ignore what will be a thin DL in 2 years, he has to work with what he has and recruit the best talent he can to fill the roster needs a couple of years down the line. The one big regret I have with this class is losing Carter, Gabbert doesn't bother me that much other than the timing and circumstances. However you claim that who NU picked up since losing Carter and Gabbert are lesser talents than those two, I would heartily disagree with you. NU picked up 2 Top 50 JUCO players, a STUD OT and a STUD LB. Lost 2 Four Stars and Gained 2 four stars. Oh by the way NU also picked up a Rivals TOP 100 Player in Heard at RB. Yes having Carter would make this class really really good IMO, but I think NU still gets a very good playmaker at WR to fill the class out along with Cooper at Safety. Kenny Bell is a very good player with a lot of good teams looking at him hard right now, getting him would be a great add with Quincy and would make the Carter loss almost a non-issue. Would I rather have Carter over Bell, yes but Bell is still a great pick up regardless and NU fills their needs at WR with very talented players. What more can you ask for?

Regarding some of MU's pick ups. Ealy won't qualify. Great player, just won't make the grade. Very good WR's and a lot of talent for the Defensive Backfield. If Ealy doesn't qualify that makes just 1 DT and 1 DE, as Fro has pointed out they have a lot of players there already though so it wasn't a priority. Overall pretty good class, maybe a bit better than NU's class in some respects but IMO they are pretty even in talent. Question is which staff will get the most out of the talent they brought in, I will take Bo and Co in that department every day of the week. Regarding MU getting Cooper, not going to happen. MU hasn't ever been on his radar. Cooper will either come to NU, ND, or Arizona and frankly I think he wears Husker Red.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that MU fans are talking heavily of two 4 Star Non-qualifiers in their class, looks like Ealy (no surprise) and Hunt. Take those out of the class list for MU and their ave stars drops from 3.29 to 3.23 for a class of 22 players compared to NU with an ave star ranking of 3.22 for a class of 18 currently. Take Mitchell out and NU's ave stars goes up to 3.24 for a class of 17. If the Huskers add one 4 Star (Cooper or Carnes) and a 3 Star, I think this is a likely scenario, then the Huskers will have an ave star ranking of 3.26 for a class of 20 players. It looks like NU and MU are dead even this year in talent being brought in. Coaching will decide this one, guess who I like in that match up?!

It seems that MU fans are talking heavily of two 4 Star Non-qualifiers in their class, looks like Ealy (no surprise) and Hunt. Take those out of the class list for MU and their ave stars drops from 3.29 to 3.23 for a class of 22 players compared to NU with an ave star ranking of 3.22 for a class of 18 currently. Take Mitchell out and NU's ave stars goes up to 3.24 for a class of 17. If the Huskers add one 4 Star (Cooper or Carnes) and a 3 Star, I think this is a likely scenario, then the Huskers will have an ave star ranking of 3.26 for a class of 20 players. It looks like NU and MU are dead even this year in talent being brought in. Coaching will decide this one, guess who I like in that match up?!

????????????

:sarcasm

It seems that MU fans are talking heavily of two 4 Star Non-qualifiers in their class, looks like Ealy (no surprise) and Hunt.

Thats one thing I think our staff does a good job on. We typically look at kids who are good on the field as well as in the class room. Heard may be an exception, but I think he makes it.

Agreed, and Heard isn't nearly the risk that several of MU's targets are or have been the past few years.